Beth Sandland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really? Off topic but it’s so wrong that it’s a postcode lottery, i was aware some counties offered two but didn’t know some didn’t offer any at all
Yeh my area for a long time won't fund any at all. I'm not at the point where I am TTC yet, but it is a worry that if we have trouble then that's it, as we can't afford private.

I really don't like the way it seems as though she's telling you off on her stories if you buy fast fashion. Not everyone can afford to buy one of a kind handmade pieces for £80 upwards. I understand fast fashion is a bad thing but it's like she doesn't realise she's in a privileged position to be able to avoid fast fashion brands. It's alright when you're skinny and rich, but as a plus sized woman who budgets each month to be able to afford to live, it's a lot more difficult to be spending that much on clothes 🤷🏻‍♀️

I really don't like the way it seems as though she's telling you off on her stories if you buy fast fashion. Not everyone can afford to buy one of a kind handmade pieces for £80 upwards. I understand fast fashion is a bad thing but it's like she doesn't realise she's in a privileged position to be able to avoid fast fashion brands. It's alright when you're skinny and rich, but as a plus sized woman who budgets each month to be able to afford to live, it's a lot more difficult to be spending that much on clothes 🤷🏻‍♀️
Btw I say plus sized as there seems to only be a handful of slow fashion brands that even cater for people above say a size 14.

Reactions: 8
I know lots of people talk about buying fast fashion but lots of people can’t save the money etc plus some stuff I’ve had from primark etc has lasted years.... what about the ammount she consumes, promoting beauty pie where everything almost comes in a plastic container.... she just picks easy targets

Reactions: 10
Being sustainable coming from the woman who doesn’t like the worktops SHE has picked so wants them swapped - the irony!

Reactions: 8
I know lots of people talk about buying fast fashion but lots of people can’t save the money etc plus some stuff I’ve had from primark etc has lasted years.... what about the ammount she consumes, promoting beauty pie where everything almost comes in a plastic container.... she just picks easy targets
I agree with this i realise some things last longer if you buy more expensive but i have H&M, Primark, Forever 21 etc etc clothes i have had for 4/5 years and are in perfect condition still. she likes to be moral but isnt aware of her privilege and also seems to ignore the other crap she consumes and the thousands of air miles shes racked up...

Reactions: 7
She also buys H&M and from fast fashion shops, so it’s hypocritical anyway.

She’s literally just posted about the counters etc.. and basically they just didn’t like them so they’ve ripped it all back out again. Fair enough. But don’t then preach to me about sustainability

Reactions: 9
Amazing that she’s just told people off for not social distancing because she can’t hug her friends. Sorry Beth, you’ve been out lunching with them, been on holiday with more than one household and moved into another household. So I don’t think you’re in a position to lecture.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm sorry but has anyone else noticed that the new brown bits on her draws are wonky?! Mainly the top one? It's really really bugging me 😂😂
I wasn't sure if it was just the angle of the photo but it really bugged me too!

I was a bit disappointed tbh as I have the same unit and it's looking a bit tired (it's about 7 years old) so was hoping for some inspo but I was a bit underwhelmed...

Reactions: 2
I wasn't sure if it was just the angle of the photo but it really bugged me too!

I was a bit disappointed tbh as I have the same unit and it's looking a bit tired (it's about 7 years old) so was hoping for some inspo but I was a bit underwhelmed...
Hermione Chantal on Youtube is a great one to follow for upcycling and cheap DIYs! She's toward the end of fully self renovating an old Victorian style house and has done lots of videos on cheap and easy ways to upcycle old or Ikea furniture :)

Reactions: 3
Hermione Chantal on Youtube is a great one to follow for upcycling and cheap DIYs! She's toward the end of fully self renovating an old Victorian style house and has done lots of videos on cheap and easy ways to upcycle old or Ikea furniture :)
Thanks! I will definitely have to check her out.

Just put a story on asking for gifted wedding makeup, rather than degrading a whole industry and saying their rates are too high! I think it would have been less insulting!

Just put a story on asking for gifted wedding makeup, rather than degrading a whole industry and saying their rates are too high! I think it would have been less insulting!
When you didn’t realise you’re entitled opinion would piss people off 😂

At my sister’s wedding my younger sister did my older sister’s make up and I did my own, you don’t actually have to get someone to do your make up? Like if you don’t want to pay it, get someone you know or yourself to do it?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Imagine if somebody criticised her job and rates like that! Wedding make-up is such a tough and competitive industry. So many MUA's are never going to recover from this pandemic. You don't want one, don't use one but how utterly heartless to slate their prices on your page. These are people's livelihoods on the line, they often have families too and are almost always self-employed. She knows absolutely nothing about how MUA's set their rates and as usual, thinks she knows it all and that prices they should charge.

I’ve never written in here before, I’m a lurker, but could not ignore her stories today about the MUA. I’ve never come across such a self entitled, selfish little brat in my whole life! £70 is not that much considering they have had to pay for their training, make up, brushes, travel costs, the hour shes painting beth’s face and the time it took her to get there and back too.

I had to unfollow. Beth did a lot of things thatgot on my nerves, she acted so above everyone and continues too. But in reality she’s just another girl with no real talent, not doing much with her life and gets paid too much for flogging things on the internet.

she is utterly unbearable and I don’t know how anyone could continue following her after her rant about make up professionals

Reactions: 17
I’ve never written in here before, I’m a lurker, but could not ignore her stories today about the MUA. I’ve never come across such a self entitled, selfish little brat in my whole life! £70 is not that much considering they have had to pay for their training, make up, brushes, travel costs, the hour shes painting beth’s face and the time it took her to get there and back too.

I had to unfollow. Beth did a lot of things thatgot on my nerves, she acted so above everyone and continues too. But in reality she’s just another girl with no real talent, not doing much with her life and gets paid too much for flogging things on the internet.

she is utterly unbearable and I don’t know how anyone could continue following her after her rant about make up professionals
Totally agree!!

Reactions: 2
I’ve unfollowed her today. I’m fed up of her stuck up opinions on everything. You’ve had your whole kitchen re done basically for free and your moaning about having to pay for wedding make up!! Btw those prices she was shocked by are actually very reasonable!
😤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.