Beth Sandland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We all know the W word leads to price increases. But for wedding make up, it’s not a standard make up appointment. Why does she think she’s so entitled. Why is she making out like she has no money? She’s having half her bloody house renovated and having new worktops because she didn’t like the ones SHE picked. I used to love her but the more I see at the moment, the more she’s annoying me.

Reactions: 10
I thought the prices were very reasonable too, definitely not just a London thing (I got married in Yorkshire).

She came across as such an entitled princess in those stories...

Reactions: 5
When I got married centuries ago , shock horror, I did my own make up! ( visited Clinique counter several weeks before to trial different colours) .looking at photos now it still looks pretty good , although I say it myself!

Reactions: 4
I thought the prices were very reasonable too, definitely not just a London thing (I got married in Yorkshire).

She came across as such an entitled princess in those stories...
I kinda get her point, I had a small wedding, 16 guests and we had to leave the venue by 6pm. So my make up had to last less hours than when I am going to work and am out if the house 7-7. I don't wear a lot of make up and wanted a minimal look but just not done by me so I didnt get stressed in the morning that it wasn't going right.

I found quotes of minimum £150 for bride plus £70 trial a bit steep. When "going out" make up would have been enough and that is only £50ish. A lot of suppliers up their price when weddings are mentioned which u think is immoral, especially when it is a small wedding.

That being said I ended up asking a school friend of friend who worked at a mac counter to come round on the day and paid about £100 for me and my 2 bridesmaids. As I wasn't prepared to pay £300+ for the 3 of us with trials etc.

Reactions: 1
I kinda get her point, I had a small wedding, 16 guests and we had to leave the venue by 6pm. So my make up had to last less hours than when I am going to work and am out if the house 7-7. I don't wear a lot of make up and wanted a minimal look but just not done by me so I didnt get stressed in the morning that it wasn't going right.

I found quotes of minimum £150 for bride plus £70 trial a bit steep. When "going out" make up would have been enough and that is only £50ish. A lot of suppliers up their price when weddings are mentioned which u think is immoral, especially when it is a small wedding.

That being said I ended up asking a school friend of friend who worked at a mac counter to come round on the day and paid about £100 for me and my 2 bridesmaids. As I wasn't prepared to pay £300+ for the 3 of us with trials etc.
Totally fair enough , without getting into the ins and outs of it, obviously this is one person's livelihood, they are making themselves available to the bride and whoever else for that day for a certain number of hours, often involving travel etc. They can't earn from any other job at the same time, years of training, suplies to suit all skin colours and types, go into pricing.

But it is totally fine to not require it, not want to pay for it etc. It is not something everybody even wants. Involving herself in the pricing structure is incredibly unsupportive. Just say you decided against wedding make-up as it wasn't in your budget and that would have been totally fine!

Totally fair enough , without getting into the ins and outs of it, obviously this is one person's livelihood, they are making themselves available to the bride and whoever else for that day for a certain number of hours, often involving travel etc. They can't earn from any other job at the same time, years of training, suplies to suit all skin colours and types, go into pricing.

But it is totally fine to not require it, not want to pay for it etc. It is not something everybody even wants. Involving herself in the pricing structure is incredibly unsupportive. Just say you decided against wedding make-up as it wasn't in your budget and that would have been totally fine!
Yeh I agree.

I think its different me moaning to my mates about it, to her putting it in her platform! And would anyone know if she did it herself?

I missed those stories 😲 does anyone have any more screen grabs?

I can't believe she would slate wedding MUAs and that industry, how dare she! At least they actually do something of real value for people, what on earth does she (or any influencer) do? Shameless tart 😠

Please dear God please don't let any MUAs gift her her wedding makeup after this.

Reactions: 8
Wedding make up IS expensive, but why not just keep your opinion to yourself and do it yourself, i am sure she has been gifted lovely products! I did my own wedding make up and I did my bridesmaids. I watched a few youtube tutorials beforehand and would be pretty good at it anyway! clearly just looking for #gifted..

Reactions: 6
Some would argue that it’s ridiculous to pay and influencer £2k for a post on Instagram, but I’m sure she’d have something to say about that? What about the price she charges for the book club, some might argue that’s not worth it given her lack of effort.

Just weird as as freelancer to be judgemental about prices. It’s not a necessity, no one is forcing her to do it and her opinion isn’t needed. It would be different if she’d said “can any MUAs explain why the bride is more expensive or why rates are set around this much as it would be of interest to my followers” but she didn’t

Reactions: 17
I don’t understand why she keeps going on about the price of things, trying to make out that she is budget conscious... I think she’s trying to be “relatable” and normal, like one of the people. She’s not - she’s an influencer. So save us the drama about having to pay to get make up done.

She has recently been gifted a boat trip, yeah PR - gifted - whatever! The amount of content she actually produced for that free trip was hardly anything at all.

What she fails to understand is that, she gets things for free that the rest of us have to pay for. So why does she complain every time she has to spend more than £50 on something? All this money talk on her stories is SO out of touch. Not relatable at all. Unless you’re another influencer, then maybe?

Reactions: 10
She’s totally oblivious the wedding industry is we’ll documented to be struggling right now. Did she really expect to get a cheap MUA when none of them have made a penny yet this year? Of course prices will be higher than expected for any new clients. Funny though, the influencer industry isn’t struggling but the moment we criticise that, she’s on the defensive. For a woman who is so educated, she really did duck that one up royally. Shown herself up for being an over privileged little madam who has stamped her feet because an MUA won’t give her a discount.

Reactions: 9
Won't pay for makeup for her wedding as her budget just doesn't stretch to that, but will buy Jimmy Choo's for her wedding. 🤔

Reactions: 15
She's annoyed me this morning as she is advertising a book and keeps saying its free on kindle...it is...if you have kindle unlimited which is a paid for service 😡

It winds me up the way she misleads people

Won't pay for makeup for her wedding as her budget just doesn't stretch to that, but will buy Jimmy Choo's for her wedding. 🤔
She’s posted about Top Cashback and her Jimmy Choo purchase is on there, which she got £22.50 cashback. Top cashback are doing 6.8% on Jimmy Choo, so that’s over £300 spent? (I’m not too good at maths so might be wrong!) Not materialistic she says.... 🤔

It's a spend of £330, she justifies it by saying that they will be worn multiple times. In no way am I praising her but people will have different priorities when it comes to their wedding.

Just seems ridiculous that she has a budget for shoes that lets be honest hardly anyone is going to look at and not her face! Makeup artists cost money, it's a skill unlike her job.

It annoyed me more bcus, unless he'd dress isn't floor length, no one is going to see them unless you have pictures of you putting them on... Yet an MUA is professionally trained, highly skilled and they apply things to something people look at ALL DAY.

I would've loved a pair of Jimmy Choo's for my wedding but it wasn't a priority. I found a pair of Ted Bakers I love, but they were £150 so I waited... and managed to get them in the sale! I lasted about 7 hours in them and then switch to converse which was the best decision ever! In total I spent £100 for two pairs which I still wear now!

It annoyed me more bcus, unless he'd dress isn't floor length, no one is going to see them unless you have pictures of you putting them on... Yet an MUA is professionally trained, highly skilled and they apply things to something people look at ALL DAY.

I would've loved a pair of Jimmy Choo's for my wedding but it wasn't a priority. I found a pair of Ted Bakers I love, but they were £150 so I waited... and managed to get them in the sale! I lasted about 7 hours in them and then switch to converse which was the best decision ever! In total I spent £100 for two pairs which I still wear now!
I also got Ted Baker wedding shoes - loved them that much I bought them in black the day after my wedding. That way I can be buried in the same type of shoe I wore for my wedding 😂 I’m a nutter I know

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.