Beth Sandland #5 The First Woman To Parent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Snorted out loud at Beth’s “let’s not judge how people feed their baby” post when she’s rammed breast feeding and photos of her boobs down everyone’s throats for the best part of a year.
Ah yes but now she’s getting paid to do it 🙄

this messaging from the same women who said “no feeding method makes you a better mother but”

I do find it interesting how she’s linked breastfeeding to IWD. A lot of the time breastfeeding is promoted as being “free”. But it’s really only free if you don’t value womens time (and that’s without factoring in the cost of bf friendly clothing, lactation consultants, nipple creams etc and the possibility of pumping with the additional costs incurred with that). In a world where women still make less than men and are still fighting every day for representation, equity and equality, her advert shilling cheap, tacky underwear that she got for free just seems.. tone deaf at best.

I just thought we’d seen the end of her whipping her boob out for the gram - and before anyone comes at me, I’m not disputing the right to feed her baby, she and any other woman can do that wherever they want, whenever they want. Just find it icky how she’s clearly so eager to put a price on anything to do with him. She’s exploiting Z in every moment from his nappy brands to when and what he eats. She’d have jumped on an Ella’s kitchen partnership if they’d wanted her! Poor little commodity baby ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ah yes but now she’s getting paid to do it 🙄

this messaging from the same women who said “no feeding method makes you a better mother but”

I do find it interesting how she’s linked breastfeeding to IWD. A lot of the time breastfeeding is promoted as being “free”. But it’s really only free if you don’t value womens time (and that’s without factoring in the cost of bf friendly clothing, lactation consultants, nipple creams etc and the possibility of pumping with the additional costs incurred with that). In a world where women still make less than men and are still fighting every day for representation, equity and equality, her advert shilling cheap, tacky underwear that she got for free just seems.. tone deaf at best.

I just thought we’d seen the end of her whipping her boob out for the gram - and before anyone comes at me, I’m not disputing the right to feed her baby, she and any other woman can do that wherever they want, whenever they want. Just find it icky how she’s clearly so eager to put a price on anything to do with him. She’s exploiting Z in every moment from his nappy brands to when and what he eats. She’d have jumped on an Ella’s kitchen partnership if they’d wanted her! Poor little commodity baby ☹
Absolutely love your post. I honestly don’t have opinions on people breast or formula feeding, however when I had my baby I COULD breastfeed, she took to it well, but I am self employed and breastfeeding my baby meant I could not go back to work when I needed to. Breastfeeding would have literally taken away my income so I made the decision to stop (my decision and completely okay with it!) but it’s so try people devalue the woman’s TIME it takes to be feeding your baby around the clock 24/7 for months on end. It’s not free it’s mentally and financially demanding.

Reactions: 11
Absolutely love your post. I honestly don’t have opinions on people breast or formula feeding, however when I had my baby I COULD breastfeed, she took to it well, but I am self employed and breastfeeding my baby meant I could not go back to work when I needed to. Breastfeeding would have literally taken away my income so I made the decision to stop (my decision and completely okay with it!) but it’s so try people devalue the woman’s TIME it takes to be feeding your baby around the clock 24/7 for months on end. It’s not free it’s mentally and financially demanding.
I read somewhere that breastfeeding for a year is 1800 hours and a full time job is 1900! And completely agree the mental toll is immense!

Reactions: 5
How stupid is her post about not judging formula feeding mums 😂 What an actual tit

Reactions: 7
She seriously thinks he is wearing that crown every year? 🤣

While he is small enough to not complain it will be on his head for a few seconds and then he will soon be old enough to tell her where to go

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She seriously thinks he is wearing that crown every year? 🤣

While he is small enough to not complain it will be on his head for a few seconds and then he will soon be old enough to tell her where to go
God love her....she really hasn't a clue what's in front of her 😜🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Speaking as someone who is in the midst of trauma therapy and EMDR, the very last thing I’d think of after an appointment is posting myself on Instagram. I’m not fit for anything other than falling asleep.

I’m all for openness around mental health, but she’s profiteering from what is a really, really hard process.
100% feel exactly what you've said. When I had EMDR I wasn't pouting, I was crying and having to deal with vivid nightmates and flashbacks. I personally found EMDR to have made my PTSD worse before it made me better and more mentally self-reliant.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just incase we didn't know she breastfeeds :rolleyes: I'm breastfeeding myself and still have a few different bottles for expressed milk. Just research it yourself and pick one!
He should be using an open cup by now anyway and bottles aren’t recommended after 1 so why bother…

Reactions: 7
Oh wow, I really needed Beggys validation today. Everything is right with the world now I know she thinks I’m a great parent. Let’s shout it from the rooftops. 🙄
I was doubting myself as a mother until I saw Beth’s story 🤪.
god she is insufferable

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.