Best Life & Beyond #8 Katie Slockbower & Spencer Emmons: Faking friends, buying fans, and grifting stans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for the welcome.

I cringed at how long my post was every step of the way. I really think I needed to get it off my chest. So thank you all!

I also cringed when I seen it again right now because after re-reading it I'm afraid I sounded like I had a superiority complex about being here and I just want to stress again:

I am SO GLAD to have a place I can go to vent these sort of things honestly! I am so grateful to know that you all see why the Blabs are such a problem and none of you are okay with it either.

Even if I DID want to shame any of you for being here, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I am the judge of no one, even the Blabs.

I feel out of my element but I'm still really glad there's a place outside of the plastic bubble they've tried to create for themselves where people can still be honest about the lies they've told.

Thank you so much for that viewpoint! I think it will really help in being able to let the toxicity go. People who take no accountability is a subject that I can particularly focus on while I try to let it go. Letting things go is very often MY problem. It truly helps to be reminded that accountability is not something you can ever LOGIC a person into when they are that far gone. Reasons are for reasonable people.
I’m also a former fan, which I think is most of the ppl here (ESPECIALLY the lurkers)…which is unfortunate given how much she rails against haters and trolls (granted I don’t antagonize or comment during their lives). It was so helpful to realize I wasn’t the only one seeing what I was seeing and not living in some alternate reality watching their behavior. I don’t anticipate staying here for long because the direction the channel is heading seems to be long and drawn out burn (and I don’t think I can stick around for that). However, their increasing ridiculousness of late is mind boggling - like the Mark Twain **** out at the kid. I’ll likely be peacing out soon because watching them is really hard, especially when they throw shade at others (the live they did after the hail at Disneyland…I feel/think like they were talking about Steve and Kai (who are like the youngest vloggers) on that one) There are so many genuinely good ppl in the Disney YouTube sphere providing great info (Fresh Baked, Chris Provost, Magic Journeys, etc…) that it’s easy to go elsewhere and forget the negative energy BLAB brings

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My wife and I will be at WDW over the next couple weeks and we're going back in March. I doubt we will run into them in March due to the sheer size of WDW but if I do I pledge to troll them live somehow and will immediately share here. To be clear, I DO NOT want to run into them as I will hate seeing them at WDW to begin with, let alone how obnoxious they both are but if I do I will make it fun, lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Thank you for the welcome.

I cringed at how long my post was every step of the way. I really think I needed to get it off my chest. So thank you all!

I also cringed when I seen it again right now because after re-reading it I'm afraid I sounded like I had a superiority complex about being here and I just want to stress again:

I am SO GLAD to have a place I can go to vent these sort of things honestly! I am so grateful to know that you all see why the Blabs are such a problem and none of you are okay with it either.

Even if I DID want to shame any of you for being here, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I am the judge of no one, even the Blabs.

I feel out of my element but I'm still really glad there's a place outside of the plastic bubble they've tried to create for themselves where people can still be honest about the lies they've told.

Thank you so much for that viewpoint! I think it will really help in being able to let the toxicity go. People who take no accountability is a subject that I can particularly focus on while I try to let it go. Letting things go is very often MY problem. It truly helps to be reminded that accountability is not something you can ever LOGIC a person into when they are that far gone. Reasons are for reasonable people.
You articulated everything perfectly. Welcome! I know it’s easy to take cheap shots at BLAB, trust me I’m guilty of that. For me personally, I have come to the conclusion they live in a delusional Fantasyland. This is a place where Covid ceases to exist, hard work is defined as waking up before 3pm to complete one errand and then getting home to nap and witch about how tired you are. They then spend rest of their evening panhandling from their couch or from within Disneyland. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I live in reality. I am an “essential” worker, lucky me has worked every single day on site through this entire pandemic. I also got to juggle making sure my children were able to adapt when schools closed and it was left to parents and our amazing educators to help them transition to distance learning. This was and is the struggle for many. So seeing these two overgrown, unemployed children witch about a theme park being closed almost daily it seemed, really didn’t sit well with me.

Disneyland’s reopening anniversary is approaching, and BLAB continues to whine about some really out of touch things like not being given plastic Dream Keys and the damn reservation system. 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Interesting statement from David's wife Liz posted to her Instagram account an hour ago, cancelling their upcoming Florida Trip.
Much respect to them both for being responsible and putting family ahead of everything else.
(I do follow and support Liz, just signed in from an anonymous account for the screen grab)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Two things to note from that garbage pin set giveaway.

1. It says 850 people entered. So only 1% of their subscribers are real stans. (or in simple terms: most of their subs are paid bots!)
2. They warned us that the person might not respond and they'll need to do it again. (or in simple terms: most of their subs are paid bots!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
You articulated everything perfectly. Welcome! I know it’s easy to take cheap shots at BLAB, trust me I’m guilty of that. For me personally, I have come to the conclusion they live in a delusional Fantasyland. This is a place where Covid ceases to exist, hard work is defined as waking up before 3pm to complete one errand and then getting home to nap and witch about how tired you are. They then spend rest of their evening panhandling from their couch or from within Disneyland. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I live in reality. I am an “essential” worker, lucky me has worked every single day on site through this entire pandemic. I also got to juggle making sure my children were able to adapt when schools closed and it was left to parents and our amazing educators to help them transition to distance learning. This was and is the struggle for many. So seeing these two overgrown, unemployed children witch about a theme park being closed almost daily it seemed, really didn’t sit well with me.

Disneyland’s reopening anniversary is approaching, and BLAB continues to whine about some really out of touch things like not being given plastic Dream Keys and the damn reservation system. 🥴
I couldn't have said it any better. Fantastic post! You as well Wish. Welcome.

All of us took the red pill at one point, most of us during the pandemic, after realizing what a sham their channel is. Struggling and watching other people struggle and then watching these two grown children who are just so out of touch induces so much rage in me honestly. I love the fact that there are others out there like me who can't take it anymore and want to expose them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Creating these comments via bots and burner accts are what keep her "soooo busy running this channel!"

I also have a hard time believing she's made it through life never hearing that it was real before. I strongly suspect that whenever it came up she either wasn't paying enough attention or her brain Etch-A-Sketch'd whatever picture she was forming of a real life Matterhorn mountain, and instead, drew a crude picture of a flower.
Welcome! And special thanks for the new nickname of "Etch-A-Sketch KT" for when she seems to forget basic information or completely contradicts her past words.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It's really rare they piss me off but that crappy giveaway they did yesterday and how they acted like they were giving away a f**ing Telsa did.
I've vowed today to post the link to that Mark Twain Karen video on as many Karen websites/messageboards as I possibly can, and I will.
They live for that kind of tit on those websites and they really get shared and passed around.
The video is fair game, it's out in the public domain and people can make their own minds up about her behaviour towards that family on MLK day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Unless Katie‘s last name is Disney last time I checked it’s not , she should keep her mouth shut. Constantly complaining trying to tell a business how to run their company Mickey doesn’t give a sh*t.
i watched as much of their rant video as i could handle.

"are they even LISTENING to us?!" is such a terrible, entitled position to approach magic key celebration month.

also, the "changes" to magic key celebration month that they were complaining about would be...overhauling the entire magic key system? as though "magic key celebration month" was going to be anything but little free trinkets?

it's like "fan appreciation night" at a sports event, where they just give away keychains or whatever, it's not like it means you get to vote on how the coach runs the team.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
2. They warned us that the person might not respond and they'll need to do it again. (or in simple terms: most of their subs are paid bots!)
This was another glaring fact that they don't do basic "homework" of watching other YouTube channels to see how things are done.

Most giveaways will run the contest tool, get a first winner, then run it again immediately to name a runner up in case the first winner can't be reached. It causes a lot "second chance" excitement and oh... what's that word that BLOB still hasn't learned...: "Engagement".

• Heart
I liked their response to the stans questions about D23… (stans that are probably true Disney fans, excited for D23)

KT: “we are going, only one of the days just to shoot a video”. Might as well have said “yeah, because we have to”

Hopefully this is a bit of an eye opener that BLAB doesn’t give a tit about Disney. They only use Disneyland to make money. They are not fans and know nothing about Disney outside of google searches and Wikipedia.

• Heart
Interesting statement from David's wife Liz posted to her Instagram account an hour ago, cancelling their upcoming Florida Trip.
Much respect to them both for being responsible and putting family ahead of everything else.
(I do follow and support Liz, just signed in from an anonymous account for the screen grab)
Awe..now KT won't get the chance to act overly fake with them in WDW! Sorry about it! Ha

• Haha
I’m also a former fan, which I think is most of the ppl here (ESPECIALLY the lurkers)…which is unfortunate given how much she rails against haters and trolls (granted I don’t antagonize or comment during their lives). It was so helpful to realize I wasn’t the only one seeing what I was seeing and not living in some alternate reality watching their behavior. I don’t anticipate staying here for long because the direction the channel is heading seems to be long and drawn out burn (and I don’t think I can stick around for that). However, their increasing ridiculousness of late is mind boggling - like the Mark Twain **** out at the kid. I’ll likely be peacing out soon because watching them is really hard, especially when they throw shade at others (the live they did after the hail at Disneyland…I feel/think like they were talking about Steve and Kai (who are like the youngest vloggers) on that one) There are so many genuinely good ppl in the Disney YouTube sphere providing great info (Fresh Baked, Chris Provost, Magic Journeys, etc…) that it’s easy to go elsewhere and forget the negative energy BLAB brings
They definitely shade Steve and Kai all the time! I get that they don’t always put out the most accurate information but why talk negatively about them instead of helping them out?

Someone correct me here if I am wrong, but I'm pretty certain BLAB claimed they invented the term "Merch Search"
A simple YouTube search for the term has it going back as far as 9 years, long before they had a channel or even knew each other.
More lies of course.
Here is just a couple of screenshots of some of them save you scrolling down 9 years worth of videos, but there are literally 1000s of people using the term that predates BLAB.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.