Best Life & Beyond #8 Katie Slockbower & Spencer Emmons: Faking friends, buying fans, and grifting stans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally get a day off. I’m a healthcare worker and have been picking up a lot of extra hours due to the spike in cases. Thank you for the content you all provide. I finally got to catch up today. I have to say, as a respiratory therapist, KT might as well have said a BIG F. U. to all healthcare workers by suggesting you go to the parks to fulfill a reservation, even if you have Covid so you don’t get dinged for it. This witch!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Finally get a day off. I’m a healthcare worker and have been picking up a lot of extra hours due to the spike in cases. Thank you for the content you all provide. I finally got to catch up today. I have to say, as a respiratory therapist, KT might as well have said a BIG F. U. to all healthcare workers by suggesting you go to the parks to fulfill a reservation, even if you have Covid so you don’t get dinged for it. This witch!
God bless you @disneynana21 I hope you're enjoying your day off! I agree with your sentiments 110% on this!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
She chooses belligerent ignorance over a learning opportunity. Repeatedly.

Look, everyone has flaws. And YouTuber's flaws get pointed out to infinity. That's another reason why I've stayed away from posting here for so long. It's not really the forum I wanted to contribute to.

NO JUDGEMENT TO THE PEOPLE HERE!

Knowing that other people see it too has made me feel more sane. It's just that at this point in my life, I don't want to spend my time complaining about Youtubers online. I just want to be OVER IT, you know? But poison is poison, and "not watching" was not enough to forcefully eject the Blab poison from my veins. I think I need to try a less passive treatment. So here I am.

The Blabs have repeatedly proven that they ARE NOT content creators. They are people who want all of your money and none of your lip.

I REALLY don't want to give them my head space anymore, but simply not watching hasn't released all the toxins that are still floating around in my brain because of them. I think what's still bothering me is the lingering feeling that I should have said something. The whole 'evil triumphs when good people do nothing' sentiment.

Which sounds dire when applied to the Blabs--they are killing their channel all by themselves, thankfully. And this is unlikely to ever be a matter of life and death, but I know that there are still viewers out there who are completely blindsided by the "haters" and I don't want my silence to be part of the problem.

Spencer and Katie are showing us who they are, but sometimes (especially when people are LIARS) it's hard to read the signs.

What I ultimately hope is for their channel to crash and burn. Then I hope that they break up and seek professional help so each of them get to a healthy place in life. Because despite everything, I can still see how they might have something positive to offer the world. But even if not, if they could just stop pumping their Best Life brand of toxicity into the air that would STILL make the world a better place.
Welcome and what a fantastic first post! I felt so much of this deep in my soul. Especially the points quoted above, and particularly the part about not wanting to be here but feeling more sane for being able to commiserate (to paraphrase). Their toxicity runs so deep and it's almost physically painful that they refuse to do anything about it. I've unfollowed, I've unsubscribed, but I still just can't believe the bullshit they try to pull and that people let them get away with so here I am.

They both have the personality type that refuses to listen or take ANY kind of accountability. I have family like this and it's EXTREMELY frustrating. No matter how reasonable, calmly, kindly, or even abrasively you speak to them, they're just completely unwilling to listen to ANY type of criticism. They can do absolutely no wrong in their own eyes, even if what they're doing is hurting others. Their only goal is to prove that they were in the right and deflect blame onto absolutely anyone else. We especially see this when they bicker about stupid stuff in their lives and they're both quick to point the finger at the other. That's not love.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Oohhhh the other night Chris was live on his ig with his friends and they were all super buzzed/drunk at hearthstone lounge at the grand. there were a lot of people asking about best life. He normally doesn’t talk about them but he answered and said they bleeping suck. It was quite funny to watch and I directed people towards tattle life if they wanted the real tea on BLOB
wish he would just talk, his followers will
Never stop asking

• Haha
Reactions: 16
wish he would just talk, his followers will
Never stop asking
While I would be all ears for the tea, at least it shows how much more integrity he has that he refuses to speak publicly about it. KT tried to pretend to be vague and then would just fully start talking tit in her stories and sometimes on lives. It was funny to watch, sure, but it was so petty and really started to show her true Mean Girl self.

Reactions: 13
Thankful for our healthcare workers like you! Ya’ll are out there on the front lines of this pandemic & I can’t imagine how tired you all are. Glad you are enjoying your day off! 🙌🏼👏🏼

Hard work is a foreign concept to KT, she decided to dip on her job in healthcare when she was needed the most. Instead she felt the country needed her to spread joy in these rough times through her tireless work on her YouTube channel. She also spread a healthy dose of Covid misinformation & quackery. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 20
We told her to go light on the Oatmeal & Blueberries!!!! Clearly she had a 5 gallon bucket of oatmeal she was trying to lift from the floor to her lap and strained her neck! BE SAFE KTP!!!! We're looking out for you here at the Tattle Life girl! 🤜🤛
I have a feeling it was those sick "Britney" dance moves she was demonstrating during the giveaway live stream.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
For those that follow KT on Instagram she just wrote a book on Disneyland magic key Instagram page complaining about the up and coming manic key celebration month. As always she was complaining about reservations and not having and actual card.
Hopefully I added the snapshot correctly of her complaining.
Unless Katie‘s last name is Disney last time I checked it’s not , she should keep her mouth shut. Constantly complaining trying to tell a business how to run their company Mickey doesn’t give a sh*t.

• Haha
  • Heart
While I would be all ears for the tea, at least it shows how much more integrity he has that he refuses to speak publicly about it. KT tried to pretend to be vague and then would just fully start talking tit in her stories and sometimes on lives. It was funny to watch, sure, but it was so petty and really started to show her true Mean Girl self.
100%. This bully feeds on negativity. No need to lower himself to her bottom feeding level. Don’t get me wrong though, I’d be here for that tea! 🙃
The best thing would be to just let them fade into irrelevance, eventually people will stop asking him & move on. In the long run this is better because no one paying attention to an attention bleep will drive them insane.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
View attachment 1002989

KT’s neck is all jacked up from that headset 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I can’t breathe 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
It’s possible the Anaheim gang did this to her while going up the staircase on the Mark Twain. They were incredibly aggressive the footage speaks for itself. She's probably lawyering up right now with her crack legal team, hoping for a payout in the small claims court of Orange yet again. I feel she is unable to discuss until the case is over.

Last edited:
  • Haha
It’s possible the Anaheim gang did this to her while going up the staircase on the Mark Twain and she feels she can't say as it was MLK day. They were incredibly aggressive the footage speaks for itself.
Those PoC Anaheim gangs are always after BLOB. They might need the ZZ Top Moderator chode to run actual security for them. He seems to like working for no pay :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

gangsofanaheim.jpg

• Haha
Thank you for the welcome.

I cringed at how long my post was every step of the way. I really think I needed to get it off my chest. So thank you all!

I also cringed when I seen it again right now because after re-reading it I'm afraid I sounded like I had a superiority complex about being here and I just want to stress again:

I am SO GLAD to have a place I can go to vent these sort of things honestly! I am so grateful to know that you all see why the Blabs are such a problem and none of you are okay with it either.

Even if I DID want to shame any of you for being here, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I am the judge of no one, even the Blabs.

I feel out of my element but I'm still really glad there's a place outside of the plastic bubble they've tried to create for themselves where people can still be honest about the lies they've told.

They both have the personality type that refuses to listen or take ANY kind of accountability. I have family like this and it's EXTREMELY frustrating. No matter how reasonable, calmly, kindly, or even abrasively you speak to them, they're just completely unwilling to listen to ANY type of criticism.
Thank you so much for that viewpoint! I think it will really help in being able to let the toxicity go. People who take no accountability is a subject that I can particularly focus on while I try to let it go. Letting things go is very often MY problem. It truly helps to be reminded that accountability is not something you can ever LOGIC a person into when they are that far gone. Reasons are for reasonable people.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
As my name implies, I wish I could just be over this... But I'm not so I'm here.

Hi.

I started watching the Blabs and other Disney vloggers when Galaxy's Edge had its soft opening at Disneyland. Long story short, the Blabs stood out-- greatly helped by Spencer's fantastic night footage of Galaxy's Edge--and I started skimming through their history (and the Disney Bears and even a few Periscopes) to see what I had missed.

Which led to good discoveries and bad ones. I've never been the type of person to just blindly adore things. When I'm a fan of something, there are always things I don't like about it too. The Blabs were no exception. I NEVER thought they were perfect, I just wish I had jumped ship sooner.

The Covid vlogs are what finally got my family to stop watching. The privileged entitlement and the laser-focus on what they COULDN'T HAVE finally killed it for the entire household.

And here's where I start to feel like, "Hi, I'm 'Weren't Here' and I've been sober for a year and a half..." Sometimes you just need to get it off your chest.

A few moments that stood out:
(well, besides the cheating, lying and grifting)

Spencer throwing a silent fit over Katie teasing him about an earlier rant he made about green lights being hard to produce.

Katie recounting the story of arguing with an older patient FROM SWITZERLAND because she believed he was lying about the Matterhorn being a real mountain.

I could go on, but I'll leave it at these two moments because I remember them as early warning signs.

About the "green light fit"... I mean, everyone gets upset, and sometimes when friends tease you it can cut more deeply, but THE WAY he handled it was a "true colors" moment for me.

Just because a man seems generally laid back and nice doesn't mean he can't [hurl verbal or physical abuse/emotionally manipulate/just plain SULK] with the best of them. Just like Tim Tracker, he's let his calm demeanor make him a wolf in sheep's clothing and it works phenomenally well because people are drawn to a calm demeanor and can't imagine a guy like that EVER getting mad about ANYTHING (let alone taking it out on his loved ones in insidious ways, either in plain sight or behind closed doors).

Spencer gets off easy around here in comparison to Katie, but I do think he's his own form of dangerous. I genuinely hope it's not a serious form of danger, and more that he's just a little b¡tch. But tormenting ex-girlfriends and escalating things to the point that someone is working on a restraining order against you... That's a PREDATOR. It doesn't matter how chill he is most of the time. IMO, he is very definitely reaping the consequences of the life he's sown.

And as for the Matterhorn fiasco...

As a fellow Disney fan who also grew up going to the parks: WHAT?! How can you be that dumb?! I've known that since before I can even remember!

I also have a hard time believing she's made it through life never hearing that it was real before. I strongly suspect that whenever it came up she either wasn't paying enough attention or her brain Etch-A-Sketch'd whatever picture she was forming of a real life Matterhorn mountain, and instead, drew a crude picture of a flower.

Because willful ignorance is a totally cute personality trait and people buy you presents for acting like that!

What bothered me about it wasn't that she didn't already know the Matterhorn is a real mountain (okay...that bothered me too...it's always disconcerting when people reach new levels of stupid), it's THE WAY she handled it that set off the red flags.

Arguing with a patient who is older than you...and from the country in question...because heaven forbid she learn from it or spend 2 seconds on Google.

She chooses belligerent ignorance over a learning opportunity. Repeatedly.

And after she told this story, she was *really hoping* everyone else in the group would confess that THEY ALSO didn't know the Matterhorn is real so she could simultaneously feel validated for her stupidity AND superior for dropping that truth bomb ("WOW, the Matterhorn is real! Who knew?!").

Look, everyone has flaws. And YouTuber's flaws get pointed out to infinity. That's another reason why I've stayed away from posting here for so long. It's not really the forum I wanted to contribute to.

NO JUDGEMENT TO THE PEOPLE HERE!

Knowing that other people see it too has made me feel more sane. It's just that at this point in my life, I don't want to spend my time complaining about Youtubers online. I just want to be OVER IT, you know? But poison is poison, and "not watching" was not enough to forcefully eject the Blab poison from my veins. I think I need to try a less passive treatment. So here I am.

The funny thing is, if I could have respectfully voiced my concerns on YouTube--you know, DIRECTLY to the people with whom I had the concerns--without being seen as a Big Old Mean Meany, I probably would have just said my piece and be done with it. By trying to create this oh-so-positive community of blind worshipers and non-critical thinkers, they've completely lost touch with reality and any viewers who live in reality.

Because, "Hey, I'm getting sick of all the Halloween videos," is valuable feedback for content creators. And if one person feels that way, probably other people feel that way. Comments like that shouldn't have to be met with a barrage of stans going, "Shut up!" "Don't watch, then!" "Why do toxic people always have to voice their negative opinions?!" "Don't let the haters get you down, KT and Spence, everything you do is perfect."

Because even if a content creator decides to keep doing the Halloween <or insert subject here> videos, it's still helpful to have a finger on the pulse of your viewers, or POTENTIAL viewers. Not checking that pulse is the reason their channel is DYING.

The Blabs have repeatedly proven that they ARE NOT content creators. They are people who want all of your money and none of your lip.

I REALLY don't want to give them my head space anymore, but simply not watching hasn't released all the toxins that are still floating around in my brain because of them. I think what's still bothering me is the lingering feeling that I should have said something. The whole 'evil triumphs when good people do nothing' sentiment.

Which sounds dire when applied to the Blabs--they are killing their channel all by themselves, thankfully. And this is unlikely to ever be a matter of life and death, but I know that there are still viewers out there who are completely blindsided by the "haters" and I don't want my silence to be part of the problem.

Spencer and Katie are showing us who they are, but sometimes (especially when people are LIARS) it's hard to read the signs.

What I ultimately hope is for their channel to crash and burn. Then I hope that they break up and seek professional help so each of them get to a healthy place in life. Because despite everything, I can still see how they might have something positive to offer the world. But even if not, if they could just stop pumping their Best Life brand of toxicity into the air that would STILL make the world a better place.
This is an amazing first post. Welcome and thank you for breaking it down like that. So spot on!

The lack of Disney knowledge was one of the first red flags that led me to see their true colors as well. They have been going to Disneyland their whole lives.....they claim to be huge Disney fans but they don't know basic facts on the Matterhorn? They don't know what year Walt died and how he died? These are Disney 101 facts that all uber fans know intrinsically.

They may call us haters and trolls but this is how the democracy of the internet works. I, for one, cannot stand to see grifting liars get away with fleecing innocent people of their hard earned cash. I was a former fan that was wronged/lied to by these scumbags. I sure as hell will not be quiet about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.