BeckiJones4 #79 Not Dead, Over Fed, Broke Her Bed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also if she’s that bored to the point where she’s snacking out of the never ending suitcase - why are you going 😭😭
I think it’s so she can pretend she does something with her life except rotting in bed? Like she feels “accomplished” because she left the house and had such a busy weekendum

Reactions: 21
No way are we seeing all that fruit she's bought.

There's a comment from someone on the rant videum insistent that Bec Bec was a medical secretary. Can you imagine a letter she'd send, "soum your terminly ill...but yeh so do sum walks and youl be helfy....Soum yeh."

• Haha
Reactions: 23
No way are we seeing all that fruit she's bought.

There's a comment from someone on the rant videum insistent that Bec Bec was a medical secretary. Can you imagine a letter she'd send, "soum your terminly ill...but yeh so do sum walks and youl be helfy....Soum yeh."
“But not because you need to lose weight, just for mental helf stuff and yeah”

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why does she need to go to Morrisons when she’s got all that leftover stuff from yesterdays suitcase 🤔

Reactions: 23
I agree with everything that @moglits has said. Becki should be honest about how it feels to be the size she is. Personally, I have gone from 11 to 13 stone (due to the rickets hex) and I feel sluggish and uncomfortable in my body. Shes constantly preaching about eating what you like and treating yourself while wearing an ankle support due to swollen ankles 🙄

Reactions: 13
So paigey & porker both came first at stompin Sunday 🤔 wonder if the judges are terrified of big becks hulk smashums or auld shirl ripping wigs off if they don't win haha 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Soooo I am going to caveat the living tit out of this by saying a) I’m not funny like you fuckers b) please don’t call me Library Corner c) this post is serious, so skip on if you don’t want me to be Buzz Killington.

I remember writing a million threads ago that I felt vaguely sorry for Becki; that she clearly had at the very least disordered eating and I felt like we were watching a slo-mo suicide in her ever-shrinking world.

As time has gone on, my sympathy has dwindled. Her complete lack of safeguarding; her dangerous ‘nice’ front; her complete lack of care and due diligence in terms of the messages she’s putting out to the people who consume her videos. I’m not saying that Becki is responsible for whether we inhale a bargain bucket or not - plainly put, that’s down to us - but there are young people watching her videos and her self-love/eat what you like/misleading WIEIAD videos/aggressive filtering are incredibly insidious.

I think it’s incompetence rather than malice - she doesn’t have the smarts to be malicious. Dishonest? Yes. Misleading. Absolutely. But malicious? Not likely. I just think she has the capacity to be a crappy person; the way she treats her family is appalling. But Machiavellian she ain’t.

Her life is like an episode of ‘Black Mirror’; her world shrinks as she grows and she lives entirely for content. She trolls people for coins and I genuinely wish she had a humiliation kink: it’d at least be moderately enjoyable as the Tok coin rolls in. Her future is bleak on all kinds of levels and yet the huns and the ‘be kind’ brigade lap it up. I don’t care about them though, duck ‘em. I care more about more vulnerable or impressionable people watching her videos (and yes, parents should know what their kids are doing online, but dream on).

I reread ‘Big Brother’ by Lionel Shriver recently - a sharp, highly insightful and upsetting account of obesity (Shriver had a morbidly obese brother, and wrote from experience). A few things struck me:

• the titular character is 368lb, or 26 stone. He is presented as a figure of tragedy and disgust, and very much seen as endangering his life at that size
  • The book doesn’t shy away from the downsides of being that size. Chronic pain, poor movement, social embarrassment and limitations (not finding suitable chairs in restaurants, for example), breaking furniture (including a toilet). You get a real sense of the character’s mortification and shame (as someone who was once 20st, went down to 10, and now sit around the 13st mark I recognise all of the signs - the secret eating, the shame, the knowing how people see me etc).

The book is from 2013, and I feel like the world has changed a lot in that relatively short time. Being that size is not so unusual anymore, and people like Becki and her selective presentation of her life only help fuel it. Her avoidance of the doctor is painful; I do not doubt a medical professional would have a very stern word with her (a doctor told me
I’d be dead by 40 if I kept on the way I was going. I needed to hear it).

I’d respect Becki a whole lot more if she was just honest. Honest about what she eats, honest about who she is, honest about what life is like at that size - because let’s face it, her life is awful. Rotting in her parents’ box room; a life purely for content; rapidly and worryingly declining health; a ticking time bomb for serious illness; no real friends; unhealthy relationships with young people in her family (I don’t think she’s a nonce, but I think she’s arrested as duck and has zero appropriate boundaries); and no chance of ever having kids of her own.

I don’t think social media is the root of all evil, but at the same time it allows and accommodates this kind of behaviour and I think it’s perversely fascinating.

I feel strongly about weight issues and continue to wrestle with my own. That’s my responsibility and I am trying constantly to manage it; I owe it to myself and latterly those around me to be as happy and healthy as I can. As a card-carrying member of the Dead Dad Club I cannot fathom how Becki priorities her sad online life over helping him at the end of his: she is one of the most tragic people I have ever encountered in the widest sense of the word.
I’ve read that book too Moglits and it’s interesting how you can admit the brother is ill with obesity both mentally and physically whilst not liking him ( he like Becki has few likeable qualities). Becki is sick, she’s not a monster, but she’s selfish and stupid and doesn’t help herself

Reactions: 4
Nah I don’t care how busy I am I’m not freezing no nasty fuckin egg bagel move with it

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
I’ve just watched a barely literate 30 stone dosser waggle some Morrisons savers freezer bags at her phone camera. After pummelling a load of berries in a trolley.

I may need a break from her. I feel like I’m losing brain cells.
---
So paigey & porker both came first at stompin Sunday 🤔 wonder if the judges are terrified of big becks hulk smashums or auld shirl ripping wigs off if they don't win haha 😆
Cath’s genes are made for stomping. That much is painfully clear.

Reactions: 13
Freezing an egg and bacon bagel when she does duck all and it literally takes 5 minutes, sigh

Reactions: 27
That duck off tray of baked eggs has the same vibe as James Arthur. Won't elaborate.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’d be so embarrassed if she was my aunty and followed me around everywhere. I’d have to kill her off by poisoning her or something 😂
Why bother doing that when she’s eating herself to death anyway?

Feel like you can see it in Paige’s eyes ‘not long now not long now’

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.