Beckiejbrown #3 Moan of Arc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don't understand why Beckie films and posts the things she does. For those who don't follow, she's posted a video of herself sitting in silence to music spinning a pen to show her stimming and then she's pulled clips of herself from ten years ago, spinning a pen to show that she's always done this action as if people find it interesting. It's probably to prove to us that she has been 'Stimming' the whole time and it's not a thing that she puts on and off or conviently remembers to do when it suits.

Reactions: 11
I really don't understand why Beckie films and posts the things she does. For those who don't follow, she's posted a video of herself sitting in silence to music spinning a pen to show her stimming and then she's pulled clips of herself from ten years ago, spinning a pen to show that she's always done this action as if people find it interesting. It's probably to prove to us that she has been 'Stimming' the whole time and it's not a thing that she puts on and off or conviently remembers to do when it suits.
Also its a really normal thing. I see tons of people do that. i do the same thing all the time...

Reactions: 6
I do wonder how long she has spent finding a piece of footage with her fiddling with a pen today as it's a very specific action. It's things like this that makes me find Beckie very fascinating in a way.

I'm a bit late to the inpatient discussion but if I remember correctly she hinted that she was admitted against her will for a short time when she was really young (maybe due to Trich?). And I think she said that she received therapy at one point which she found to be 'traumatizing'.
Still think that histrionic personality disorder would be a good fit, too. (Some say it's the female expression of NPD).

Reactions: 1
What on earth is she banging on about in her latest story about being capable? She's honestly exhausting.

• Haha
Yes you can be autistic and have a career and great life with no issues, but then you are so far down the spectrum that a diagnosis is not needed more than to affirm yourself of your lack of social skills. These kinds of autistics have been popping up waaaay to much lately on social media, talking for ALL autistic people. Even if themselves have little to no issues.
Same with ADHD, they talk about the "funny" stuff and do memes, its very frustrating.

I knew this guy that had clear case of ADHD, you could tell, super talkative super hyper, he said he knew he had ADHD but didn't go for a diagnosis because the work he did worked in favor with his ADHD so he didn't really see it as something needing fixing. He worked some party event stuff, think like Ibitza styled parties, traveling a lot and setting up events.
Beckie is doing the reverse, she is getting diagnoses of different things and looking how it fits in her already good life. She isn't saying "Ye I am probably very high functioning with low to zero support needs" no no no, she is trying to force puzzle pieces of her being severely disabled in a life that is very successful. Its the strangest thing to watch, how she now is trying to diminish her degree and career.

Reactions: 11
Yes you can be autistic and have a career and great life with no issues, but then you are so far down the spectrum that a diagnosis is not needed more than to affirm yourself of your lack of social skills. These kinds of autistics have been popping up waaaay to much lately on social media, talking for ALL autistic people. Even if themselves have little to no issues.
Same with ADHD, they talk about the "funny" stuff and do memes, its very frustrating.

I knew this guy that had clear case of ADHD, you could tell, super talkative super hyper, he said he knew he had ADHD but didn't go for a diagnosis because the work he did worked in favor with his ADHD so he didn't really see it as something needing fixing. He worked some party event stuff, think like Ibitza styled parties, traveling a lot and setting up events.
Beckie is doing the reverse, she is getting diagnoses of different things and looking how it fits in her already good life. She isn't saying "Ye I am probably very high functioning with low to zero support needs" no no no, she is trying to force puzzle pieces of her being severely disabled in a life that is very successful. Its the strangest thing to watch, how she now is trying to diminish her degree and career.
Absolutely. She doesn’t get the nuances of maybe being autistic or having ADHD, without the diagnosis having that HUGE impact on all the aspects of her life, even in hindsight. It is sooo weird and twisted and unrealistic, and frustrating to witness.

Reactions: 3
I’ve never come across somebody who puts so much effort into being thoroughly inarticulate

Reactions: 5
I’ve never come across somebody who puts so much effort into being thoroughly inarticulate
It’s because she’s trying really really hard to not come across thick as pigshit. Which is a lie, she’s stupid AF with or without a diagnosis. But at least the diagnosis gives her the excuse.

Reactions: 4
“I keep forgetting that I’m autistic”

really? We haven’t forgotten because you mention it in every sentence

feel sorry for her mum having to hear her woo Thomas the tank engine impressions all day

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I met the mum at SiTC industry day once, having wandered past Beckie’s craft store (I was working for a talent manager back then). Mum lunged at me to talk about Beckie, and the first thing she did was lament about how sad B’s life is, then she stroked my long hair and told me Beckie should have hair like mine if it wasn’t for ‘everything’.

She’s deffo a few screws loose too.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I don't understand Beckie with her focus on diminishing her past accomplishments due to her autism and how 'disabled,' she is by it. I can understand looking back at your past with hindsight of your autism and how you might have acted or what struggles you have, but Beckie is just almost doing a rewriting of her past and making herself come off as helpless when she is doing rather well for herself on paper. Is this to make herself seem more helpless or that people will take more pity on her?

Such a weird story about her mum but yet I could see it happening! I think that her mum has perhaps encouraged this behaviour and for the most part, been Beckie's main supporter with her struggles over the years. I think that clip of her speaking to the NHS was perhaps her being frustrated at Beckie not getting the help for years, as Beckie's mental health, being honest, would impact the whole family greatly. I could see the other two siblings feeling left out or ignored because of Beckie's issue of the day or her mental health. I did and I'm sure that my brother really did especially when it came to having a parent with severe mental health problems and we became secondary to my dad's needs and we were on egg shells with my dad. I could see the same happening in the Brown's house.

I also think that her mum also seems to coddle Beckie and her issues. I think that Beckie is the girl who never grew up, especially with her mum having to go to her appointments and speaking for her etc. Beckie has never quite flown the nest and seems to be coming back into it now since her diagnosis, I know that she says that she is apparently caring for her mum, but I could see Beckie being too ill to do that.

I did find it interesting on Beckie's 30th Birthday video which I had on the background as I was working , Beckie made the lines of she is surprised that she was alive at thirty and that 'we didn't think that I would reach 18,' and I do wonder if this 'we,' is Beckie referring to her family, her parents specifically or it is her 'younger self.' To me, I understood it as her parents.

Does anyone have a recording of the mum going at it at the appointment? I must have missed that completely...

Reactions: 2
Guys she's so close to getting it, but instead she blames masking. "I struggle to feel happiness, Sadness hell yeah"

YOU ARE DEPRESSED!!!!!!!!!! It has nothing to do with autism, you are depressed! You need therapy!

Reactions: 10
It’s always ’’the good v the bad’’ or ‘’happiness v sadness’’. To her those are the only types of experiences or emotions.

So convenient for her that she doubts her own ‘’happiness’’ ie positive emotion and conflates it with masking. But the ‘’sadness’’ ie negative emotion is all real.

Yes Beckie - it’s almost as if your ruminations, delusions and self obsessive thoughts have been untreated for decades now and you’ve made a career out of them. You have deliberately avoided therapy and resources which could have changed that. You CHOSE to make them the most meaningful part of your life.

She ideally should have been in intensive therapy before the age of 25 when her brain was more malleable. She’s probably a little bit stuck now tbh. She doesn’t even have motivation to change because she can’t see the problem is within her own control. Only she can stop malingering, attention seeking and ruminating. I do believe she’s autistic. But it’s so clear the primary function of the diagnosis is to externalise the locus of control for issues which have an entirely internal locus of control. Autism is not the reason she is unhappy.

Reactions: 9
I can’t help but wonder the dynamic for the other siblings (who I admit that I forget she has…!) if the mum story is an insight to how things coukd have been at home, i’d be very surprised if they’re not low / no contact!

She says she can’t go to the gym because of bodily fluid issues, but she used to go all the time and run on the treadmill?!

Have I missed something or is she bisexual/pansexual now? Is this a new label she wants to commandeer?
IMG_2929.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.