Beckhams #3 What do David's hair and Victoria have in common? They're both ridiculously thin!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Brooklyn hasnt applied for this years Strictly looks like Gordan Ramseys daughter got in first. Apparently though Brooklyn has applied to appear on the cook show 'cant cook.... it doesn't matter mummy will by me a cooking show'.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The kids are so aimless - just drifting around trying this and then trying that, having money and opportunities thrown at them, but not being good at anything. I guess Romeo’s very expensive tennis career didn’t pan out, so he’s got the equivalent of a job at his dad’s firm. I don’t think he’ll be troubling the Premier League any time soon.
As for Brooklyn. If you want a laugh, head over to his last cooking demo on Insta - some kind of tagliatelle. The comments are bombarded with pissed off Italians giving him their “thoughts”. (You don’t have to understand Italian to get the general drift).

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I just watched a clip from Sky Sports which Romeo shared...

Played for 70 mins and had two failed crosses straight into the goalkeepers hands. Assume he did more in the game but if that is your highlight reel. Embarrassing to even share that.

Talk about privilege.

To become a professional footballer at any level takes so much hard work and dedication, realistically how long has he be doing this? Feels like it was just decided for him overnight because Daddy owns a football team.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Wouldn't it serve them right if the only one who inherited their Dad's football skills was Harper? LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 25
All my faith is in Harper. 🙂 The Bieber wannabe Cruz will be the same as his two brothers. Kisses. 😂
She was very sweet in that 1st day of school video that David totally ruined. She has yet to hit the teenage years though. If I’m honest I don’t really hold out much hope.

Reactions: 4
Yes David's football club. Says it all. Not sure what happened to the aspiring tennis player.
To be fair to them while their dad came from a working class background and had more of a natural hunger for money and fame naturally and to develop his talents to get that, his children with Victoria will all be multimillionaires via inheritance even if they never did a day's work ever. Just get them all doing ordinary paid jobs, they aren't special or particularly talented but then nor are most of us and nor do they need a big salary

Reactions: 7
Yes it does really highlight the problem of huge wealth (I’m serious) and the impact that not having to strive for anything has on children. This Beckham lot are just going to drift around not having any particular goals in life and that is a depressing, pointless and purposeless way to live life.

You do hear tales about people like Bill Gates seriously limiting the amount his kids will be able to inherit and I can see why in principle that would be a very good approach. But it would also take serious balls, wisdom, toughness, planning, limiting your own conspicuous consumption and a lot of upfront conversations and high expectations for your kids, and I don’t think D and V have any of that in them. I can also see it becoming more problematic if your kids aren’t particularly intelligent or good at anything: it’s very difficult indeed to watch your own kids flounder and not rescue them, even if you know it’s for their own good - and I would imagine the problem is massively heightened if you have all the money in the world and endless contacts who could help them out.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The Gates children for example had a childhood, they weren’t wheeled in front of the camera to promote their parents. they didn’t have phones and social media as children, they weren’t plastered all over their parents social media. Their children have been successful. Their daughter has started medical school.

the Beckhams have allowed their children think fame trumps talent and grit. They’ve been set up to fail really.

Reactions: 17
The Gates children for example had a childhood, they weren’t wheeled in front of the camera to promote their parents. they didn’t have phones and social media as children, they weren’t plastered all over their parents social media. Their children have been successful. Their daughter has started medical school.

the Beckhams have allowed their children think fame trumps talent and grit. They’ve been set up to fail really.
Though to be far the Gates children did inherit a lot more brains than the Beckhams, Bill Gates went to Harvard albeit he dropped out and Melinda Gates graduated from prestigious Duke University. Neither of the Beckham parents went to university, their talents were in singing and sport so it was obvious they were going to push their children in those fields as if they had any talents it would be there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
@TYL159
Yes but Brooklyn Beckham lasted one term in Parsons, despite all his ‘talent’ and ‘work experience’. His parents let him think bought followers on Instagram equals talent, they let him publish his ‘photography book’ - which is now one of the most mocked things on amazon.

Romeo was going to be a world beating tennis player despite only playing a handful of matches (playing stats are available online). How was that going to work out. David Beckham knows the world of sports, bring your kids to training every week, travelling around the country for matches but that didn’t happen. They didn’t make it happen. Too busy chasing clicks themselves

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Though to be far the Gates children did inherit a lot more brains than the Beckhams, Bill Gates went to Harvard albeit he dropped out and Melinda Gates graduated from prestigious Duke University. Neither of the Beckham parents went to university, their talents were in singing and sport so it was obvious they were going to push their children in those fields as if they had any talents it would be there.
Which Beckham had talent in singing? Victoria is ambitious and hard working, but hardly talented in the music department!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Singing is where she made her initial fame and fortune regardless of what people make of her voice, spice girls were HUGE at the time

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The Spice Girls were absolutely massive when she met David,she was the most famous one.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Richard Branson's kids seem to have successfully managed to forge careers in fields other than show business/ music - daughter is a Dr , Son is a philanthropist / adventurer . Richard has talked of his severe dyslexia and how his entrepreneurship was a focus for him as he didn't excel at school but was supported by his parents ( father was a Barrister)
let's face it Dave and Vicky probably aren't going to be trying out for Mensa any time soon , so their kids are unlikely to either

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.