Beauty Spectrum #2 crocodile dundee of Beverley.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand what her brand is anymore. Like her channel is beauty spectrum but she doesn’t do makeup tutorials anymore. Her channel is a weird mixture of vlogs and food 24 hour challenges. I used to really like her videos when she was at sixth form because she was more real, now shes got nothing going for her - like she’s not at uni and she’s not in a job - she’s like an annoying gap year student

Reactions: 15
I don’t understand what her brand is anymore. Like her channel is beauty spectrum but she doesn’t do makeup tutorials anymore. Her channel is a weird mixture of vlogs and food 24 hour challenges. I used to really like her videos when she was at sixth form because she was more real, now shes got nothing going for her - like she’s not at uni and she’s not in a job - she’s like an annoying gap year student
I agree, I used to love her content back when she was in school as she was so relatable in her vlogs. It's like she doesn't have a clear direction that she wants to go in, so she's trying to hop onto any trend that she can to stay relevant. I really wish she hadn't changed so much and had just stayed true to herself, because realistically that's what started getting her the subscribers in the first place, not trying to be like everybody else.

Reactions: 7
Same! The comment about the nut allergies annoyed me (ok yes I do have a nut allergy haha) but it just shows that she's obviously really insensitive. The dancing is just embarrassing tbh, she tries to be cringe in a jokey way but actually ends up being cringe for real
Same, allergic to nuts here too :(. I hate when people are so jokey about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
She needs to get out there and DO SOMETHING that isn’t just YouTube. The way things are going it isn’t going to last, she doesn’t have a clear brand like other posters have said and she’s become increasingly unrelatable and stunted compared to other people her age. She would benefit a lot from either studying at uni properly and living away from home or getting an actual job where she has to be around a more diverse group of people. I’m only a year older than her but she acts like she’s 16-17, esp with her overemphasis on drinking and being ‘quirky’ with the hand gestures etc.

Reactions: 6
She needs to get out there and DO SOMETHING that isn’t just YouTube. The way things are going it isn’t going to last, she doesn’t have a clear brand like other posters have said and she’s become increasingly unrelatable and stunted compared to other people her age. She would benefit a lot from either studying at uni properly and living away from home or getting an actual job where she has to be around a more diverse group of people. I’m only a year older than her but she acts like she’s 16-17, esp with her overemphasis on drinking and being ‘quirky’ with the hand gestures etc.
I think the problem with so many of these girls who have grown up making good money from a young age, they think actual work and jobs are beneath them and probably look at it as a step back from being self employed. Molly could use her experience on YouTube to help her gain some entry level experience in marketing/social media - something to build a career in whilst continuing with YouTube in her spare time. She doesn’t have enough followers or views for this to be a long-standing career for her, it’s good whilst it’s lasts but she can’t really expect this will last forever for her? as people have said, she has no niche or expertise in anything. I think she’s banking on her “move to Aus” she hasn’t shut up about and probably hopes that will set her up for the next few years and she can see what happens when she’s back from there

Reactions: 11
I don’t think she will move to Australia, as good for her that would probably be. She did a year long diploma an hour away from home and was back and forth at any opportunity. She only went to Australia for 6 weeks before, which is hardly a long time to be away. I think she’s too comfortable at home, especially if Tom isn’t going to drop his job to go with her.

Reactions: 8
I don’t think she will move to Australia, as good for her that would probably be. She did a year long diploma an hour away from home and was back and forth at any opportunity. She only went to Australia for 6 weeks before, which is hardly a long time to be away. I think she’s too comfortable at home, especially if Tom isn’t going to drop his job to go with her.
Also she was busy every moment she was in Australia. There's so much downtime when you're living in a place that I don't think she could handle when she has to be alone with her thoughts and not surfing/partying/etc

Reactions: 4
If she could drag Tom with her I think she’d go because she is so obsessed with the idea. I’ve been to plenty of places i absolutely love but I haven’t spent the next year talking about it none stop and saying I want to go and live there for a year. She might get there and realise it’s a mistake because she’s doesn’t like being away from home but I really can see her trying to follow through with it. Toms employer might give him a secondment and allow him to take a year out and then go back to his job.

Reactions: 6
If she could drag Tom with her I think she’d go because she is so obsessed with the idea. I’ve been to plenty of places i absolutely love but I haven’t spent the next year talking about it none stop and saying I want to go and live there for a year. She might get there and realise it’s a mistake because she’s doesn’t like being away from home but I really can see her trying to follow through with it. Toms employer might give him a secondment and allow him to take a year out and then go back to his job.
I really think that she needs to also learn the difference between an extended travelling holiday and actually living somewhere. If she was living in Aus, her and Tom would need full time jobs for citizenship and wouldn’t have the time to travel and do what she wants to do. She doesn’t actually want to live and work in Australia, she wants to do the same as what she did before, but for longer (and possibly with Tom).

Still think that the radio silence with Tom is weird. She’s either still seeing him, or they’ve split up. No way would she be not seeing him without constantly meaning on social media about how much she misses him.

Reactions: 11
Still think that the radio silence with Tom is weird. She’s either still seeing him, or they’ve split up. No way would she be not seeing him without constantly meaning on social media about how much she misses him.
Yeah I've noticed this. Other than a mention of buying him (pretty impersonal) Christmas presents, he's been pretty absent.

Reactions: 2
Yeah I've noticed this. Other than a mention of buying him (pretty impersonal) Christmas presents, he's been pretty absent.
He sent her flowers the other day that she posted on her IG story. Usually she mentions him non stop, even in the first lockdown she spoke about missing Tom, meeting him socially distanced etc

Reactions: 3

Molly admitted she doesn’t want to make this content. Tbh I do enjoy her videos and prefer them to the other people I watch of similar age (ruby granger, eve, ana are the ones I watch most often). I definitely think she makes the effort to do different videos each week when you compare them. But like others have said, maybe she needs to find her niche outside of travelling and uni. I do much prefer her vlogs to challenge videos and think she could lean in to the cosy zoella vibe type videos. But that wouldn’t really be genuine as she doesn’t like being at home as much.

She definitely seems a bit lost in what content she wants to make and I think finding an area or a niche would suit better rather than making a mix of content tbh. Compared to other people, you can’t fault her though. Her uploads are really consist and she never or at least rarely misses them you know compared to others who go weeks without posting. Finding a niche would do her the world of good bc she really does put the effort into her vids!!

Reactions: 12
Given the amount of travelling around the UK she:s done this year, she could have tried a bit harder and made more videos focuses on that. Instead we got her eating at every service station! She'll be lucky if she goes on holiday next year at this rate with covid so she better have a plan b for content.

Reactions: 7
She posted on stories that its been a year since she booked her ✨Australia✨ flights so look out for 6 weeks of her posting her archive all over again as if we give a duck 🤪✌

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Don’t even know what to caption this but thought you should all see it 😂 I bet she’ll try and claim she’s had it ages ago and therefore doesn’t have to social distance.
🙄🙄🙄 I hate how people think that any respiratory illness is now COVID. I also was really unwell this time last year, I think it’s the first time I ever genuinely had flu and not just a cold but because I had a cough I’m not going to claim I had COVID. The likely hood COVID was in Beverly in November last year, when it wasn’t actually identified in China until the very end of December is highly unlikely. Molly - coronavirus is a group of viruses.. you probably did have a type of this family of virus but not COVID19

Reactions: 17
🙄🙄🙄 I hate how people think that any respiratory illness is now COVID. I also was really unwell this time last year, I think it’s the first time I ever genuinely had flu and not just a cold but because I had a cough I’m not going to claim I had COVID. The likely hood COVID was in Beverly in November last year, when it wasn’t actually identified in China until the very end of December is highly unlikely. Molly - coronavirus is a group of viruses.. you probably did have a type of this family of virus but not COVID19
The fact shes even bringing up the conspiracys around covid is so dangerous she has younger followers who will be influenced by what she saids shes treading a thin line and needs to be careful

Reactions: 16
The fact shes even bringing up the conspiracys around covid is so dangerous she has younger followers who will be influenced by what she saids shes treading a thin line and needs to be careful
Agreed, think it’s really irresponsible. You can believe what you want about COVID and conspiracies about it but think it’s wrong for any influencer to push these idea when it’s purely speculation

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.