BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Robert Elms on BBC London talking to Ottolenghi about his new cook book. Once again he drags up a story about his vegan daughter coming home and opening the fridge to ask where the hummus is. He said it was just the other day, but she appears to have been doing it for the last ten years. Wayne from Buckhurst Hill is off to see Christina in Brixton according to his manic Insta page.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Robert Elms on BBC London talking to Ottolenghi about his new cook book. Once again he drags up a story about his vegan daughter coming home and opening the fridge to ask where the hummus is. He said it was just the other day, but she appears to have been doing it for the last ten years. Wayne from Buckhurst Hill is off to see Christina in Brixton according to his manic Insta page.
I thought the same about his old hummus story, in fact I think he's mentioned it to Ottolenghi in the past. I

I wonder where RE is going tomorrow, he asked to be wished luck but he can't talk about it due to it being embargoed. He will miss tomorrow's show.

I thought the same about his old hummus story, in fact I think he's mentioned it to Ottolenghi in the past. I

I wonder where RE is going tomorrow, he asked to be wished luck but he can't talk about it due to it being embargoed. He will miss tomorrow's show.
It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s mentioned it to Ottolengthi in the past. He’s quite often a try hard is Robert. Blimey, I’ve been eating hummus since the late Seventies/Eighties in Greek restaurants in London and in Greece. Maybe they didn’t have hummus in Burnt Oak. 😆

• Haha
Was listening to Robert Elms from the 7 November broadcast because they rebroadcast the Listed Londoner slot with Lionel Blair. It’s the last 30 minutes. It was very funny because the Barbican came up as his most hated building and Bobby is now Bobby from The Barbican. This was before he bought it, of course. Lionel said how can you find it, meaning everywhere in the complex. He tried to defend it saying that a friend of his has a flat there and the inside is all right. Lionel said hmmm it’s all right, meaning the inside of the apartment.

I don’t get the Barbican love. I’d hate to be reliant on those lifts and they don’t allow pets!

Interesting interview with Ghislaine Maxwell’s brother Ian Maxwell on World at One today.

Grrr. Johnny I’Ansin on 5Live sitting in for Dotun consistently mispronouncing Wisconsin. He keeps saying WiNconsin. It should be pronounced Wuhsconsin.

Thought that myself, the stand in presenters seem to have been playing it by ear as to him being off & who will be presenting the next day.
He was in Monday then he went off again the rest of the week. Something is going on. I hope he/his family are ok.

I thought he might have had Covid a couple of months ago when vernon was on by the way he said he wouldn’t be in for the rest of the week without saying he was ill . He’s been odd a lot since although Scott was definitely covering holidays at one point as they tend to have set holidays for rajar figures around school holidays

Reactions: 2
Did anyone hear Rupert an 80 yr old doctor call into Stephen Nolan on 5Live on Friday night, Rupert advocated not vaccinating Care Home residents "as they will be dead soon anyway"
:oops:
Nolan played the call a few times until his show ended.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Sheila Dillon from The Food Programme sounds like a female Loyd Grossman.

• Haha
For those of us missing Shaun Keaveny on 6, he is co-hosting Saturday Live on Radio 4 right now.

Reactions: 3
Radio 4 - the Any Questions audience in Presteigne are a noisy lot. Listening to this and will listen to Any Questions afterwards.

Wireless Nights is a good show, Jarvis Cocker goes on late-night walks.
Next instalment is Monday 11pm on Radio4

Radio 4 again - Driving Dad to the Okd Folks Home only 14 minutes long. Just broadcast. Written and read by the same person.

Ah good tip - sounds my cup of tea.
Another little gem is Bunk Bed, sometimes on at that 11pm slot. Peter Curran and Patrick Marber chatting about all manner of things for 15 mins. It is lovely, witty and sometimes laugh out loud funny. They sometimes have guests, like Kathy Burke. Highly recommended.
(I'm sure it will be on Sounds).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.