BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I imagine there will be plenty of long pauses and ummms & aaahs.

The guest, Jack Thorne, on Desert Island Discs just now has just broken down & cried talking about his father.
I’m struggling with listening to him right now. For a broadcaster, his delivery is tit. He rambled on and on and doesn’t seem to have prepared any answers which is tedious.

I don’t think I know who Jack Thorne is.

Last edited:
I’m struggling with listening to him right now. For a broadcaster, his delivery is tit. He rambled on and on and doesn’t seem to have prepared any answers which is tedious.

I don’t think I know who Jack Thorne is.
Believe he is a screenwriter, he was getting quite political at times, in amongst the sobbing.
Quite a forgettable episode.

I just been listening to a Comedy panel show called 'i'm sorry I haven't got a clue' on BBC radio 4. It's actually pretty funny. Never heard it before now, but will listen weekly from now on.

Reactions: 4
'Outlook' on the WorldService was good last night, about Anthony who saw his mother shot in the head aged 9, ran away from his abusive home aged 15 to join a travelling carnival where he slept under one of the fair rides.
Addicted to alcohol, drugs, stealing, gangs & in and out of jail until a cop who regularly arrested Anthony asked him if he wanted help.
Quite a story.

Reactions: 2
'Outlook' on the WorldService was good last night, about Anthony who saw his mother shot in the head aged 9, ran away from his abusive home aged 15 to join a travelling carnival where he slept under one of the fair rides.
Addicted to alcohol, drugs, stealing, gangs & in and out of jail until a cop who regularly arrested Anthony asked him if he wanted help.
Quite a story.
Sounds like you’d need to be feeling strong to listen to that. 😕

Jumoke Fashola is sitting in for Eddie Nestor today between 10 am to 2 pm. She read out an email from ‘Pat’ a caller who says that she normally switches off after Vanessa Feltz finishes at 10. Jumoke sounded falsely indignant. Strange to read that during Eddie’s show. Maybe she’s angling for his job. 🤔

Jumoke Fashola is sitting in for Eddie Nestor today between 10 am to 2 pm. She read out an email from ‘Pat’ a caller who says that she normally switches off after Vanessa Feltz finishes at 10. Jumoke sounded falsely indignant. Strange to read that during Eddie’s show. Maybe she’s angling for his job. 🤔
I was pleased to leave the radio on BBC Radio London yesterday daytime. The regulars Eddie Nestor (10am) and Jeanette Kwakye (2pm) are, to me, unlistenable, but the sit-ins, Jumoke Fashola and Sangita Myska were very enjoyable. When my WFH started last year I would leave it tuned to BBC RL all day, leaving it in the background and paying more attention when there was an item or music of interest.

This worked until I realised how Jo Good was becoming self-promoting and annoying; so got myself over to Tattle where I found talk about her, it was fun to engage, it was my water-cooler replacement! But since the September schedule change I've been bouncing all over the place but doing so interupts my flow; I find listening back distracting due to the old news and knowing I can fast-forward through music I don't want to hear.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
I think Jumoke is in again today. She’s much more pleasant to listen to. I wasn’t in yesterday afternoon so didn’t hear Sangita but have heard her before.

I’ve listened to the new Jon Ronson series of programmes called When Things Fall Apart. His voice annoys me, not his fault, but they are worth a listen.

Last edited:
More Jumoke again today, replacing Eddie Nestor. 👍

Here’s a picture of Rainbow George and Peter Cook taken from the obituary in The Times. Does anyone have the ability to reprint it here?
D3561443-7545-4899-801A-30D920703487.jpeg

Eddie Nestor is sitting in for Vanessa this week. I won’t be listening.

Shame, Jeanette K is back in her 2 pm slot on BBC London. Was hoping she’d been ousted. She asked if everyone missed her. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Quite a story.
I didn't hear this particular story, but I love the World Service for the in depth stories that are rarely, it ever, broadcast elsewhere. I said before I am bored with speech radio and ignorant callers, I enjoy listening to something meaningful.

• Heart
I didn't hear this particular story, but I love the World Service for the in depth stories that are rarely, it ever, broadcast elsewhere. I said before I am bored with speech radio and ignorant callers, I enjoy listening to something meaningful.
Most episodes of Outlook are available on the BBC/WorldService website.
I don't have the BBC Sounds app but you don't really need it, just go to the beeb website.

Recommended - World Service - Discovery - The Curious Cases of Rutherford and Fry - The Guiding Hound. It was on this morning at 9.32. Discussion and interviews about guide dogs In answer to the question How do guide dogs know where they are going?Fascinating.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
A fine effort from Tom on the Champions League PopMaster, 78 points now.

The questions were still hard today but nowhere near as tough as yesterday's, feel sorry for the first two contestants of the week.

Last edited:
A fine effort from Tom on the Champions League PopMaster, 78 points now.

The questions were still hard today but nowhere near as tough as yesterday's, feel sorry for the first two contestants of the week.
I have no idea what this is!

Salma is doing a good job in place of Eddie. Don’t mind listening to her. Perhaps she will replace him if he’s relegated.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.