BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't listen to Radio London, but I have never heard anything like that on Radio 2, 4 or World Service before.
The only things I've heard promoted are things relevant to the stations, BBC Sounds etc or maybe The Archers catch up.
Thanks for that @Bobby Chariot I don't really listen the BBC very widely so I need another PoV.

I listened to Outlook, the one with the locked-in syndrome, and the M15 agent undercover as a homeless person were very interesting.

Ha I have no idea why I typed Kitchen Confidential.
Poor Anthony Bourdain. ☹ I find it hard to watch his shows now.

This thread hasn't yet been treated to any screenshots of the shy and retiring Jo Good so here she is talking about her You Tube channel, the one she has been namechecking for years on her BBC London radio show (despite saying recently that she "thinks" she is not allowed to mention it 🤨)

20211023_233446.jpg

Reactions: 4
Thanks for that @Bobby Chariot I don't really listen the BBC very widely so I need another PoV.

I listened to Outlook, the one with the locked-in syndrome, and the M15 agent undercover as a homeless person were very interesting.

Poor Anthony Bourdain. ☹ I find it hard to watch his shows now.

This thread hasn't yet been treated to any screenshots of the shy and retiring Jo Good so here she is talking about her You Tube channel, the one she has been namechecking for years on her BBC London radio show (despite saying recently that she "thinks" she is not allowed to mention it 🤨)

View attachment 825625
Yep, selling stuff even though she doesn’t declare them as AD And acts like they are just gifted.

Reactions: 2
Noticed that Jason Solomon(ex Robert Elms’ movie reviewer) is doing a radio show onWednesdays over at Totally Wired Radio. Haven’t listened to it yet. He also has a podcast.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Noticed that Jason Solomon(ex Robert Elms’ movie reviewer) is doing a radio show onWednesdays over at Totally Wired Radio. Haven’t listened to it yet. He also has a podcast.
sorry Jason, Solomons not Solomon!

sorry Jason, Solomons not Solomon!
I listened back to Jason announcing he was leaving Robert Elms' show as the film reviewer. I know they needed cover for him at times, eg when he was away at film festivals, but I think he was overlooked many other times in favour of one of the young reviewers they are now using. He was also not being used as cover for Robert as he had been in the past. Jason referred to the changes and I think he was just over the whole thing so decided to leave with his dignity intact. Thanks for the tip about the other station he is on @Mustard, I will seek him out.

Last edited:
I listened back to Jason announcing he was leaving Robert Robert Elms' show as the film reviewer. I know they needed cover for him at times, eg when he was away at film festivals, but I think he was overlooked many other times in favour of one of the young reviewers they are now using. He was also not being used as cover for Robert as he had been in the past. Jason referred to the changes and I think he was just over the whole thing so decided to leave with his dignity intact. Thanks for the tip about the other station he is on @Mustard, I will seek him out.
He’s also got an Insta and Twitter account. I can’t remember the name of his podcast.

Poor Blake, he had a meltdown when the grass strimmer wire snapped.
Even Jazza could barely console him
Blake's now set on getting his former cruel gangmasters out of prison. :rolleyes:

• Sad
Poor Blake, he had a meltdown when the grass strimmer wire snapped.
Even Jazza could barely console him
Blake's now set on getting his former cruel gangmasters out of prison. :rolleyes:
Every so often The Archers have ridiculous storylines, the current ones all seem quite 'off' to me at the moment:

I love how good Jazza has been with Blake,. It is sad hearing how frightened Blake is with everyone as he thinks he can't trust them, yet Phillip and Gavin did nothing wrong in his eyes. Did they brainwash him or is it a case of Stockholm syndrome? As for Martin Gibson thinking it was a good idea for Blake to give an interview with the Echo, very bad news.

LOL, how the mighty have fallen - Adam now apple picking and potato pulling/lifting. Can he return to Home Farm now Stella is manager?

All the nonsense with Justin and Lillian investing in Shula's riding school - Boring!

No doubt something will happen at the Harvest Supper...

@Bobby Chariot I forgot to mention I enjoyed DIDs with Deborah Meaden last Sunday - good interview and her choice of music surprised me. I couldn't warm to the bloke this morning. Peter Schmeichel could be interesting next week, even though I can't stand Man Utd - I'm an Arsenal supporter - for my shame!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Every so often The Archers have ridiculous storylines, the current ones all seem quite 'off' to me at the moment:

I love how good Jazza has been with Blake,. It is sad hearing how frightened Blake is with everyone as he thinks he can't trust them, yet Phillip and Gavin did nothing wrong in his eyes. Did they brainwash him or is it a case of Stockholm syndrome? As for Martin Gibson thinking it was a good idea for Blake to give an interview with the Echo, very bad news.

LOL, how the mighty have fallen - Adam now apple picking and potato pulling/lifting. Can he return to Home Farm now Stella is manager?

All the nonsense with Justin and Lillian investing in Shula's riding school - Boring!

No doubt something will happen at the Harvest Supper...

@Bobby Chariot I forgot to mention I enjoyed DIDs with Deborah Meaden last Sunday - good interview and her choice of music surprised me. I couldn't warm to the bloke this morning. Peter Schmeichel could be interesting next week, even though I can't stand Man Utd - I'm an Arsenal supporter - for my shame!
Yes, the philosopher bloke on DID this morning was a bit dull, some ok music though, Nina Simone etc.
Peter Schmeichel always came across as a bit boring so hopefully he will surprise us next week.
Sometimes The Archers is just ludicrous, the Blake thing is bonkers, Jazza is proving to be one of the most listenable voices on the show just now, quite bizarrely.
It's definitely Of Mice & Men
Blake will probably fall for Chelsea & accidentally kill her :oops:😁

• Haha
Yes, the philosopher bloke on DID this morning was a bit dull, some ok music though, Nina Simone etc.
Peter Schmeichel always came across as a bit boring so hopefully he will surprise us next week.
Sometimes The Archers is just ludicrous, the Blake thing is bonkers, Jazza is proving to be one of the most listenable voices on the show just now, quite bizarrely.
It's definitely Of Mice & Men
Blake will probably fall for Chelsea & accidentally kill her :oops:😁
Indeed, I was quite surprised his first music choice was Nina Simone. In fact, I would have preferred just listening to the music as it was far better than his interview. Perhaps he was far too intellectual for me to understand most of what he said.

Jazza was also very good when 'The Prof' (Jim Lloyd) finally confessed about his child abuse. His (Jazza's) storylines often make him to be clumsy and uncouth, but he actually has a heart of gold.

Tit for tat - Chelsea nearly killed Blake during her driving lesson, anything else is possible.

Anyone else find it really confusing when this thread randomly jumps to what I’m assuming is archers chat?

Anyone else find it really confusing when this thread randomly jumps to what I’m assuming is archers chat?
No! This thread randomly jumps from different BBC Radio stations, programmes and presenters, hence the thread title.

It was kindly started by @Mustard back on Jan 23 2020 and has 22 pages, but I haven't seen you post until today. What are your comments on BBC Radio?

No, are you easily confused?
BBC Radio covers a wide range of........everything to do with BBC Radio.

It's not the same without Ken Bruce this week 😐
Craig Charles' new afternoon show on 6Music is a mixed bag, not sure about it.

Apologies, I didn't know until today there already is a dedicated Archers thread:

We can now post any future comments there.

• Heart
Apologies, I didn't know until today there already is a dedicated Archers thread:

We can now post any future comments there.
Good idea.
I keep forgetting to listen to Robert Elms in his new time slots. I tell myself I will listen back on the Sounds App and then I forget.

on his programme from the 23 October, he interviewed former David Bowie publicist Alan Edwards as there‘s now a celebration of 75 years of Bowie. Met Alan a few times back in the day. He’s one cute and handsome dude.

Last edited:
Good idea.
I keep forgetting to listen to Robert Elms in his new time slots. I tell myself I will listen back on the Sounds App and then I forget.

on his programme from the 23 October, he interviewed former David Bowie publicist Alan Edwards as there‘s now a celebration of 75 years of Bowie. Met Alan a few times back in the day. He’s one cute and handsome dude.
Here is a reminder @Mustard Robert Elms now on...

An interesting Desert Island Discs with Peter Schmeichel, father was a Cold War spy for Poland. :oops:

An interesting Desert Island Discs with Peter Schmeichel, father was a Cold War spy for Poland. :oops:
I can't believe how much I enjoyed his interview when we were both wary of how it would go. I could have listen to him for ages, in fact Lauren had to keep cutting him short as he was very talkative. Just a shame about his cheesy music choices - Phil Collins??!! That said, he had a good reason why he likes Phil so much.

Joanne Harris next week. I read one of her books 'Chocolat' and saw the Johnny Depp film of the same title. Didn't particularly like either, but DID often gives you a chance to hear the 'real' person.

BTW, I haven't listened to The Archers omnibus this week so will have to catch up and post on the new thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.