BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had to switch from Radio1 to R2 on the drive home now. Can't stand Katie and Jordan. Thick as two short planks and not funny at all. I want Grimmy back :(
I Iistened by mistake a few days ago. Omg it was poor. One of them said 'wouldn't say boo to a goose' about something. The other said 'it's not goose it's ghost'. Swear to goodness this then took up about half an hour with hilarious bants and people phoning/messaging to contribute. It was beyond painful.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I Iistened by mistake a few days ago. Omg it was poor. One of them said 'wouldn't say boo to a goose' about something. The other said 'it's not goose it's ghost'. Swear to goodness this then took up about half an hour with hilarious bants and people phoning/messaging to contribute. It was beyond painful.
It’s really bad, isn’t it? Plus Jordan’s voice grates on me.

Gran's cake ruined by Ben :(

You just know that Chelsea (or Jazza) will come a cropper on the motorcycle :oops:

Blake :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Gran's cake ruined by Ben :(

You just know that Chelsea (or Jazza) will come a cropper on the motorcycle :oops:

Blake :rolleyes:
The current storylines are ridiculous. Ben/Josh/Beth and the cake; Beth/Ben/Vince in the restaurant; the whole motorbike episodes. It gets even more silly with Blake and Jazza in the bird hide - Blake easily managed to understand what Jazza was saying even with his (Jazza's) strong accent (when I can't half the time!) yet he could barely understand what Lynda and Robert said.

Is Stella playing both Justin and Brian? BTW, did I miss a few episodes where Alice and Chris actually confirmed they are divorcing, or is it just Brian speculating then telling most of the village?

I've had to switch from Radio1 to R2 on the drive home now. Can't stand Katie and Jordan. Thick as two short planks and not funny at all. I want Grimmy back :(
I really miss Grimmy and struggling to find something else to replace at that time. I really liked Jordan when he did his Fri-Sun shows as the music was great and I liked his banter but I really dislike Vick and it's all gone a bit puerile for me.

Also massively missing Clara on in the morning, the motley crew they have in that slot now do nothing for me.

I pretty much can't be bothered with any of Radio 1, except Greg....Still like him in the morning but I might need to act my 43 years and stop listening to radio for the youth 🤣

Reactions: 3
I really miss Grimmy and struggling to find something else to replace at that time. I really liked Jordan when he did his Fri-Sun shows as the music was great and I liked his banter but I really dislike Vick and it's all gone a bit puerile for me.

Also massively missing Clara on in the morning, the motley crew they have in that slot now do nothing for me.

I pretty much can't be bothered with any of Radio 1, except Greg....Still like him in the morning but I might need to act my 43 years and stop listening to radio for the youth 🤣
There comes a time when you must leave Radio 1. Have you tried 6 Music?

The current storylines are ridiculous. Ben/Josh/Beth and the cake; Beth/Ben/Vince in the restaurant; the whole motorbike episodes. It gets even more silly with Blake and Jazza in the bird hide - Blake easily managed to understand what Jazza was saying even with his (Jazza's) strong accent (when I can't half the time!) yet he could barely understand what Lynda and Robert said.

Is Stella playing both Justin and Brian? BTW, did I miss a few episodes where Alice and Chris actually confirmed they are divorcing, or is it just Brian speculating then telling most of the village?
I believe Alice & Chris did say they were breaking up, in a scene, a week or two ago.
I'm an infrequent listener of The Archers but when I catch it on a Sunday it does seem really 'dumbed down' these days.
Gran did enjoy her cake mind you, despite it having being scooped off the kitchen floor 😁

In agreement here! I’ve mainly switched to R2/R4 apart from Greg in a morning now. My workmates had the radio on last week and I thought they had Capital on cos it sounded so abysmal… nope, it was Jordan and Vic! Awful pairing.

There comes a time when you must leave Radio 1. Have you tried 6 Music?
It does seem time to move on. I'm not that familiar with 6 Music but I'm going to give it a go. Steve Lamaq from 4pm sounds very promising as that's the time I prefer to listen to music as I'm sorting dinner etc.

It does seem time to move on. I'm not that familiar with 6 Music but I'm going to give it a go. Steve Lamaq from 4pm sounds very promising as that's the time I prefer to listen to music as I'm sorting dinner etc.
I switch all over the place now; including using the Sounds App to listen to programs after they’ve gone out. Radio 4, World Service, some BBC London programmes - I like Gary Crowley’s Saturday evening show for the music. Last Saturday he did album tracks that should have been singles. Johnny Walker’s Sounds of the Seventies can be good too. R2 has a lot of music documentaries to listen to as well. I also delve into LBC now Or listen on catchup.

I switch all over the place now; including using the Sounds App to listen to programs after they’ve gone out. Radio 4, World Service, some BBC London programmes - I like Gary Crowley’s Saturday evening show for the music. Last Saturday he did album tracks that should have been singles. Johnny Walker’s Sounds of the Seventies can be good too. R2 has a lot of music documentaries to listen to as well. I also delve into LBC now Or listen on catchup.
I used to have a mega crush on Johnny Walker back in the 90s as I loved his voice....before I realised he was the same age as my dad 🤣 I need to see if he still has the same effect now!

I forget about BBC Sounds. I listened to loads of random stuff when out walking during lockdown so must revive.

My friend keeps trying to get me away from the dark side of the BBC and listen to LBC but I've not really enjoyed it anytime I've listened.

I used to have a mega crush on Johnny Walker back in the 90s as I loved his voice....before I realised he was the same age as my dad 🤣 I need to see if he still has the same effect now!

I forget about BBC Sounds. I listened to loads of random stuff when out walking during lockdown so must revive.

My friend keeps trying to get me away from the dark side of the BBC and listen to LBC but I've not really enjoyed it anytime I've listened.
You can listen to LBC on their equivalent of catchup too. I used to mostly do BBC Radio London but it’s been deteriorating drastically for a while. Robert Elms still has three days when he broadcasts so it’s worth listening to him on Sounds. You could try Jo Good and join us on the Middle Aged Minx thread.

On R2 I used to listen to Paul O’Grady, Liza Tarbuck and Elaine Paige at the weekends.

Steve Lamacq can be good, he's about the only one I listen to on 6Music now after they binned Shaun Keaveny's afternoon show.

I thought Woman’s Hour had an interesting selection of items yesterday /Thursday. Female hermits, breast reconstruction after cancer not being done on the NHS as much as pre Covid, predatory marriage and Sophie Ellis Bextor she was the least interesting. There’s a list and description of the topics on the Sounds page.

I thought Woman’s Hour had an interesting selection of items yesterday /Thursday. Female hermits, breast reconstruction after cancer not being done on the NHS as much as pre Covid, predatory marriage and Sophie Ellis Bextor she was the least interesting. There’s a list and description of the topics on the Sounds page.
What do you think of Emma Barnet?
I could not stand Jenni Murray, and Jane Garvey had started to annoy me (she literally made every subject about herself in an unfunny self deprecating way).
I'm still on the fence about EB - I think she is very good at it, and a very good interviewer of politicians BUT the whole programme does have a less cosy, harder edge now which is possibly needed? I'm not sure.

(Mind you I still not have forgiven EB for her comments about Tattle on WH though - falling into the lazy trope of 'blah blah hate site where women tear down women' :sleep:)

What do you think of Emma Barnet?
I could not stand Jenni Murray, and Jane Garvey had started to annoy me (she literally made every subject about herself in an unfunny self deprecating way).
I'm still on the fence about EB - I think she is very good at it, and a very good interviewer of politicians BUT the whole programme does have a less cosy, harder edge now which is possibly needed? I'm not sure.

(Mind you I still not have forgiven EB for her comments about Tattle on WH though - falling into the lazy trope of 'blah blah hate site where women tear down women' :sleep:)
I’m getting used to her now. Wasn’t sure at first though. Jane Garvey can be irritating but I listen to her with Fi Glovere on Fortunately.

When did EB make comments about Tattle?

When did EB make comments about Tattle?
It was a few weeks ago. An influencer called Em Sheldon had been to parliament to moan about online bullying and gossip sites (specifically Tattle). She was then on WH to talk about gossip sites. Emma B said she had looked here and was horrified at how unpleasant it was. She kept banging on about how unbelievable it was that WOMEN were the main contributors (the horror!). There was literally no attempt to look at the cause of the popularity of sites like this, or that influencers being held to account might be a good thing. I was disappointed in Emma then, she just lapped up Em Sheldon's dafter claims without looking for another angle.

It was a few weeks ago. An influencer called Em Sheldon had been to parliament to moan about online bullying and gossip sites (specifically Tattle). She was then on WH to talk about gossip sites. Emma B said she had looked here and was horrified at how unpleasant it was. She kept banging on about how unbelievable it was that WOMEN were the main contributors (the horror!). There was literally no attempt to look at the cause of the popularity of sites like this, or that influencers being held to account might be a good thing. I was disappointed in Emma then, she just lapped up Em Sheldon's dafter claims without looking for another angle.
Oh yes, I remember that being discussed now. A lot of news sites picked that up. Will have to go back and have a listen. Similar to when SalI Hughes did that documentary about meeting her troll and ‘dragging ‘ sites without naming Tattle. Do you remember that?

i only follow a few ‘influencer‘ threads on here, (only a few of which I follow on Instagram) which means I don't know who most of the people talked about on here are. I ended up here by accident. I was researching vacuum cleaners and was looking at Sharks.I then ended up on the Hinch thread which I no longer follow.

I was watching The Specials live in Session on the BBC red button tonight, Steve Lamacq from 6Music was introducing & interviewing them, he looks really unwell, very gaunt.
I was honestly shocked, I do hope Steve's ok.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.