BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Casting around trying to find something to listen to and am listening to Robert Elms’ BBC London programme from yesterday, much of which was broadcast before David Amess was murdered.

I was watching The Specials live in Session on the BBC red button tonight, Steve Lamacq from 6Music was introducing & interviewing them, he looks really unwell, very gaunt.
I was honestly shocked, I do hope Steve's ok.
He’s always looked rather gaunt, hasn’t he? I cannot imagine him looking more gaunt. 😕

Can tge Soecials programme be watched on iPlayer?

Blake & Jazza are rapidly becoming The Archers' very own version of "George & Lenny" from John Steinbeck's book...Of Mice & Men

Village minx Chelsea is not happy that Jazza's planning on selling the motorbike :unsure: ....or is she

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Outlook on the BBC WorldService was good, a guy who worked undercover as a homeless man, in order to track extremist terrorists in Britain.
A lady with a form of epilepsy which makes her forget virtually everything & the tale of a man cursed with his name - James Bond.

Reactions: 2
Outlook on the BBC WorldService was good, a guy who worked undercover as a homeless man, in order to track extremist terrorists in Britain.
A lady with a form of epilepsy which makes her forget virtually everything & the tale of a man cursed with his name - James Bond.
Outlook is so good. Snippets from around the world. I listen in the wee small hours if insomnia is kicking in.

Reactions: 3
Outlook is so good. Snippets from around the world. I listen in the wee small hours if insomnia is kicking in.
I also enjoy Outlook and most BBC WS programmes. Such interesting stories that are rarely covered on the main radio news channels.

I now much prefer listening to a particular topic with facts and analysis than talk radio with callers talking shite out of their backsides.

Reactions: 5
I just noticed that Tony Blackburn does a Sounds of the Sixties show on Saturday mornings. Think I will listen to them on catchup at a later date before the current ones disappear.

I just noticed that Tony Blackburn does a Sounds of the Sixties show on Saturday mornings. Think I will listen to them on catchup at a later date before the current ones disappear.
Tony's Sounds of The Sixties has been on since 2017, he took over from Brian Matthew after he died.
I believe it's also a 'live' show now too.

Outlook sounds very interesting, I'm going to check it out, thanks @Bobby Chariot @Jelly Bean and @Pat the Dog.
It's one of the best programmes on the WorldService, always interesting.
'From Our Own Correspondent' can be good too.

Last edited:
Just a couple of general questions to BBC radio listeners if you will indulge me: Have you ever heard any BBC presenters giving out their personal social media handles on air? Do you imagine, or know, that it is something that is allowed by the BBC?

I'm asking because BBC Radio London presenter Jo Good regularly tells viewers about her personal socials, even giving out the actual handle. She also reads out emails from listeners saying they love watching her YouTube channel. This occurred when she did weekday afternoons and continues unabated now that she is doing lates.

Jo Good's socials are monetised, they contain advertising (usually undisclosed); they are a commercial enterprise from which she benefits financially and/or or materially.

Jo Good will receive ad revenue from YouTube, the amount dependant on the number of viewers she can attract, so any extra sent from the Beeb would be useful. She admits that becoming an influencer is to be a "pension" for her so presumably she seeks fees and/or commissions in addition to the "gifts" she sometimes admits to.

It is hard to imagine that the BBC would condone her promoting this.

Just a couple of general questions to BBC radio listeners if you will indulge me: Have you ever heard any BBC presenters giving out their personal social media handles on air? Do you imagine, or know, that it is something that is allowed by the BBC?

I'm asking because BBC Radio London presenter Jo Good regularly tells viewers about her personal socials, even giving out the actual handle. She also reads out emails from listeners saying they love watching her YouTube channel. This occurred when she did weekday afternoons and continues unabated now that she is doing lates.

Jo Good's socials are monetised, they contain advertising (usually undisclosed); they are a commercial enterprise from which she benefits financially and/or or materially.

Jo Good will receive ad revenue from YouTube, the amount dependant on the number of viewers she can attract, so any extra sent from the Beeb would be useful. She admits that becoming an influencer is to be a "pension" for her so presumably she seeks fees and/or commissions in addition to the "gifts" she sometimes admits to.

I fully agree. Most presenters are quick to say "other brands are available" when a caller or contributor mentions a particular brand, so surely presenters should not be allowed to promote their personal social media, especially monetised ones.

I don't listen to Radio London, but I have never heard anything like that on Radio 2, 4 or World Service before.
The only things I've heard promoted are things relevant to the stations, BBC Sounds etc or maybe The Archers catch up.

I fully agree. Most presenters are quick to say "other brands are available" when a caller or contributor mentions a particular brand, so surely presenters should not be allowed to promote their personal social media, especially monetised ones.
I could imagine her trying to cover her arse by saying "other YouTube channels are available". :ROFLMAO:

I'm joking but who knows with her entitled and arrogant ways, she's been getting away with it for so long she probably feels untouchable.

• Haha
I could imagine her trying to cover her arse by saying "other YouTube channels are available". :ROFLMAO:

I'm joking but who knows with her entitled and arrogant ways, she's been getting away with it for so long she probably feels untouchable.
Don't forget to tune into the best 2 hours of radio tomorrow morning on Radio4.
The Archers omnibus @ 10am then Desert Island Discs @ 11am.
You may well hear rumours about the terrific pints in the Ambridge pub or the best John Deere tractor for the lower field, but no personal product placement 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.