BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The BBC WorldService is fantastic, stories & news you won't get on any other station.
The Inquiry programme about Brazil's emergence from military dictatorship in the 60's/70's to present day and Bolsonaro was good.

Reactions: 2
The BBC WorldService is fantastic, stories & news you won't get on any other station.
The Inquiry programme about Brazil's emergence from military dictatorship in the 60's/70's to present day and Bolsonaro was good.
I switch between there and Radio 4 now.

I switch between there and Radio 4 now.
Except I’m listening to the Minge on Radio London now.

Eddie Nestor today in his discussion about Sarah Everard, the police and ‘gallows humour’ said that as an actor in Casualty he went to hospitals and put a coat on in a corner of a room to watch people die where he heard gallows humour from the hospital staff. WTF Eddie, why did you need to insert that into today’s discussion ahead of Sarah’s killer’s sentencing?
i was also upset by the playing of inappropriate music by BBC London during discussions about Sarah Everard. Last song on Vanessa Felt’s programme after spending more than an hour discussing her horrendous story including playing out Mother’s tribute to was Superstar by Years and Years.

Last edited:
See above - Starstruck is about the rush you get when you’re with somebody you are really into. It’s about holding onto a good feeling and not letting it go. Quote from Olly Alexander, the singer.

Reactions: 1
Relief to have Robert Elms back on a Friday on BBC London. He’s doing cover to cover. Donny Hathaway and Leon Russell. Feels normal again. 4 days of Eddie Nestor in his place is too much.

Jason Solomons is praising the new Bond film.

oh no! Jason has just said that today is his last doing film reviews in BBC London. Was he pushed to save money? It’s not clear. This news is sad and disruptive.

Last edited:
On BBC London Jumoke Fashola did a good but depressing interview with Leroy Logan which ended at 1655. He’s called for Cressida Dick to resign. They have used clips from it in the news bulletin.

Broadcasting House (9-10am) on Radio4 is a decent listen on Sunday's, from serious news, the papers, & foodie stuff, date & chickpea tagine anyone? :sick:

The Archers- can Blake really be as thick as he is being portrayed? :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Good god this unfortunate listener is being treated to Michael Mosley singing in the shower :(

Broadcasting House (9-10am) on Radio4 is a decent listen on Sunday's, from serious news, the papers, & foodie stuff, date & chickpea tagine anyone? :sick:

The Archers- can Blake really be as thick as he is being portrayed? :unsure:
I really like Paddy O'Connell (Broadcasting House). I think he is easily one of the best presenters on Radio 4. He has the same manner as Eddie Maier who I miss on R4.
I tried to listen again to the Sat morning one with Richard Coles but can't get on with it. There is always inane and prolonged laughter after one of the guests says anything even mildly amusing.

And Blake. Yes he does seem remarkably dim. And wonderful how Helen, as usual, managed to make it all about her 😂
I still am not convinced by the Helen/Lee relationship tbh. Just no spark there at all. And Lee sounds about 12.

I really like Paddy O'Connell (Broadcasting House). I think he is easily one of the best presenters on Radio 4. He has the same manner as Eddie Maier who I miss on R4.
I tried to listen again to the Sat morning one with Richard Coles but can't get on with it. There is always inane and prolonged laughter after one of the guests says anything even mildly amusing.

And Blake. Yes he does seem remarkably dim. And wonderful how Helen, as usual, managed to make it all about her 😂
I still am not convinced by the Helen/Lee relationship tbh. Just no spark there at all. And Lee sounds about 12.
Totally agree about the Radio 4 Saturday morning show, it's way too smug, well that's the feeling I get from it.
It's always good when Paddy O'Connell sits in for Vine or a.n.other on Radio 2 as well, he's a cracking broadcaster.
The Archers is all over the place, I'm finding it hard to follow sometimes, something's brewing though..maybe just in time for Xmas?

Good god this unfortunate listener is being treated to Michael Mosley singing in the shower :(
Surely this has to finish soon. It was bad enough listening to him eating chocolate.

I also enjoy BH and Paddy O'Connell.

Regarding Saturday Live, it is Nikki Bedi with her inane laughing that spoils the programme. She was the same when covering on BBC Radio London.

The Archers: yes, I said upthread that Lee sounds far too young to be Helen's partner, so agree their relationship seems very contrived. The Blake storyline is already doing my head in, hope it isn't dragged out.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Surely this has to finish soon. It was bad enough listening to him eating chocolate.

I also enjoy BH and Paddy O'Connell.

Regarding Saturday Live, it is Nikki Bedi with her inane laughing that spoils the programme. She was the same when covering on BBC Radio London.

The Archers: yes, I said upthread that Lee sounds far too young to be Helen's partner, so agree their relationship seems very contrived. The Blake storyline is already doing my head in, hope it isn't dragged out.
Not a fan of Nikki Bedi either. She’s a chum of Mingey’s.

Not a fan of Nikki Bedi either. She’s a chum of Mingey’s.
LOL, do you remember Jo Good says Nikki always buys her expensive tights at this time of year? I've always wondered what Jo buys Nikki. Most probably nothing as we know she is a Stingy Mingy ;)

• Haha
LOL, do you remember Jo Good says Nikki always buys her expensive tights at this time of year? I've always wondered what Jo buys Nikki. Most probably nothing as we know she is a Stingy Mingy ;)
Yes, I do remember her talking about the tights being gifted. She probably thinks she’s due these tights and wouldn’t dream of giving anything to NB. Wonder if they are Falke tights?

Yes, I do remember her talking about the tights being gifted. She probably thinks she’s due these tights and wouldn’t dream of giving anything to NB. Wonder if they are Falke tights?
Could be. I can't remember the brand but they are black opaque and quite expensive.

Apart from the Heinz soup, have we ever seen Jo gift anything to a friend? Usually it is always the other way around.

Tom Ilube was a good guest on Desert Island Discs, he fled Amin's Uganda as a kid, earned cash selling flared trousers to his fellow Uni students, a job on the Stock Exchange and now building schools in Africa for kids who would otherwise miss out on education.
His music wasn't bad either, a bit of Thin Lizzy in there :cool:
Next Sunday's castaway is Dame Sarah Connolly, mezzo-soprano.

Could be. I can't remember the brand but they are black opaque and quite expensive.

Apart from the Heinz soup, have we ever seen Jo gift anything to a friend? Usually it is always the other way around.
Stingey mingey (Jo Good BBC Radio London) made sure to point out that she gave the Mini salesperson a gift last week. This was likely in response to Tattle pointing out several times in the past how needy and presumptuous she is using the poor chap to put air in her tyres over the last 5 years at least, calling him away from the showroom to meet her at the Esso garage because she is too grand or useless to do this basic task herself.

Attachments

Last edited:
I’m listening to The Kitchen Cabinet for the first time. I think you need a notepad and pen to write down their advice.

I was reading online that Carole Feraday got sacked by text message from BBC Radio London back in 2013. That would have been down to the editor David Robey who departed last year. Apparently she knew that her slot from 2 - 6 am was being replaced by 5Live but she had been promised another show. i remember enjoying listening to her back then. Danny Baker got sacked the year before.

Gary Crowley on BBC London is playing some good tunes on his slot called Album Tracks That Should Have Been Singles slot.

I've had to switch from Radio1 to R2 on the drive home now. Can't stand Katie and Jordan. Thick as two short planks and not funny at all. I want Grimmy back :(

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.