BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Steve Wright but there were some icky rumours on the popbitch mailout a few weeks ago regarding his personal hygiene 🤮🤮🤮
Like what? Haven’t seen a picture of him for a while bu the last time I did,
he’d gained a huge amount of weight.

Is it Rob who's been spotted lurking in the bushes, watching Helen's house, is he back to terrorize her?
o_O

That is what we are meant to think - but could it be one of the 'horses'? As it used to be Kirsty and Philip's house?
Yes, it's too obvious, probably a red herring
I think @Jelly Bean could be on to something as Rob returning is far too obvious, especially with Helen, Lee, Tony and Pat immediately assuming this to be the case and moving to Bridge Farm.

Speaking of Lee, how old is he supposed to be? He sounds even younger than Josh, Johnny, Ben or even Ruairi. When I hear his voice I can't believe he is supposed to be Helen's partner, in fact, her brother, Tom sounds older than he does 🤨

Reactions: 3
I just listened back on Sounds to Robert Elms' debut 9am Sunday show on BBC Radio London. He was on good form. Sounded genuinely pleased to be on air, he made a few references to the time change but straight in more-or-less back to busineess as usual.

Contrast this with Jo Good in her new time slots (10pm slot Monday to Thursday and Sunday 3pm to 6pm) been back for two weeks with gimmicks, pretending to be excited by the new segments despite saying on her Instagram a few hours before the debut show that she was #humiliated by the rescheduling. And, even more than ever, she is directing BBC listeners to her social media accounts (which are mainly advertising channels whihc she has admitted are monetised to provide her with a pension).

Edited to add: Just before 4:30pm today Jo Good said she will be talking about mushrom tea later on in the radio show. This is concerning as she has a commercial relationship with a moshroom tea compnay, who she advertises on her YouTube channel.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I just listened back on Sounds to Robert Elms' debut 9am Sunday show on BBC Radio London. He was on good form. Sounded genuinely pleased to be on air, he made a few references to the time change but straight in more-or-less back to busineess as usual.

Contrast this with Jo Good in her new time slots (10pm slot Monday to Thursday and Sunday 3pm to 6pm) been back for two weeks with gimmicks, pretending to be excited by the new segments despite saying on her Instagram a few hours before the debut show that she was #humiliated by the rescheduling. And, even more than ever, she is directing BBC listeners to her social media accounts (which are mainly advertising channels whihc she has admitted are monetised to provide her with a pension).

Edited to add: Just before 4:30pm today Jo Good said she will be talking about mushrom tea later on in the radio show. This is concerning as she has a commercial relationship with a moshroom tea compnay, who she advertises on her YouTube channel.
I heard Robert and Jumoke Fashola do their handover at 08.45 and agree, Robert was in good spirits, even joked that he didn't know what would be on his programme as he is not used to the new schedule. Obviously he did know and has kept many of his regular features.

Hmm, don't get me started on the difference with Jo Good... I will leave that until later and comment on her dedicated thread.

Reactions: 1
Tracy Ullman is the guest on Desert Island Discs this Sunday.
I have to admit I didn't enjoy this very much. I found it quite disjointed with awkward pauses. Perhaps it's because I've never really liked TU, but tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. Not only didn't I like her music choices [of course that is subjective] but even the interview didn't flow well, IMO.

Last week, with Baroness Hale of Richmond, her music wasn't to my liking if it hadn't been together with the interview which made it all come together.

I have to admit I didn't enjoy this very much. I found it quite disjointed with awkward pauses. Perhaps it's because I've never really liked TU, but tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. Not only didn't I like her music choices [of course that is subjective] but even the interview didn't flow well, IMO.

Last week, with Baroness Hale of Richmond, her music wasn't to my liking if it hadn't been together with the interview which made it all come together.
Yes, a couple of decent tunes today but it wasn't gripping.
She definitely misses her husband though, sad that she lost him fairly young.
Baroness Hale sounded like a real tough cookie on the previous week.
Tom Ilube, an entrepreneur is on next Sunday, never heard of him tbh.

Yes, a couple of decent tunes today but it wasn't gripping.
She definitely misses her husband though, sad that she lost him fairly young.
Baroness Hale sounded like a real tough cookie on the previous week.
Tom Ilube, an entrepreneur is on next Sunday, never heard of him tbh.
Yes, the loss of her husband still sounds quite raw even though he passed in 2013 - not that there is a time limit on grief.

LOL, you have reminded me that BH did make some cutting comments/replies to Lauren, but I still enjoyed her more than I did Tracey.

I also have no idea who next week's 'Islander' is when he was announced. Will be interesting to find out more.

That is what we are meant to think - but could it be one of the 'horses'? As it used to be Kirsty and Philip's house?
Have you listened to tonight's/last night's episode? I won't say anymore yet... 🤫

In the meantime, I thought it was an absolute amateurish few minutes of acting 😒

@Jelly Bean
You were spot-on (y) I'm quite surprised this storyline wasn't dragged out for weeks to come but instead concluded very quickly - until the next part(s)...

Last edited:
  • Wow
According to You and Yours in Radio 4, rag rolling is having a comeback. No thanks. 😬

• Wow
Like what? Haven’t seen a picture of him for a while bu the last time I did,
he’d gained a huge amount of weight.
Sorry only just seen your reply. Iirc that he swills with tcp and mouthwash during his show (he has a phobia of dentists so bad breath possibly 🤮), when he went on a work trip abroad some time ago he didn’t take any luggage and just sprayed the same clothes he wore all the time with fabreeze 🤢 also that he has the air conditioning on v high in studio and has his own personal Wi-Fi installed for some reason.
Again I do like him as a presenter just reiterating the popbitch gossip🤫

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
I like OJ Borg on R2 but I always listen to him on Sounds the next day. OJ is great, I love it when sometimes he is on during the day.

Eddie Nestor today in his discussion about Sarah Everard, the police and ‘gallows humour’ said that as an actor in Casualty he went to hospitals and put a coat on in a corner of a room to watch people die where he heard gallows humour from the hospital staff. WTF Eddie, why did you need to insert that into today’s discussion ahead of Sarah’s killer’s sentencing?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Listening to the BBC WorldService news at 11am, there's been an eruption of violence in Ecuador's prisons, over 100 inmates decapitated :oops:
Feuding between the major drug cartels.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
So The Film Programme on R4 is ending - I didn't realise until they just said it on the last episode. I presume there will still be a programme about films of some sort?

@Pat the Dog yes Blake! It did seem a bit too obvious to be Rob didn't it?

So The Film Programme on R4 is ending - I didn't realise until they just said it on the last episode. I presume there will still be a programme about films of some sort?

@Pat the Dog yes Blake! It did seem a bit too obvious to be Rob didn't it?
Unless it is a bit of misdirection - Helen and family think all is fine now so let down their guard, only for Rob to actually reappear at another time...

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.