BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Listening to The Archers omnibus on Radio4 and I honestly have no idea what is going on :D

Due to take over the afternoon show in October, replacing Shaun Keaveny.
I know, but was wondering if he’ll be off for quite a while now due to The Covid, as he called it.

I know, but was wondering if he’ll be off for quite a while now due to The Covid, as he called it.
Will surely have to isolate until he returns a negative test? 7-10 days?
On another topic, Michael Mosley recommends fasting from 7pm until around 9am the next day, having only water or black tea in between, said to be good for one's health.
I enjoy a cracker (or 3) with cheese at around 8pm especially if watching a movie.

Reactions: 1
Will surely have to isolate until he returns a negative test? 7-10 days?
On another topic, Michael Mosley recommends fasting from 7pm until around 9am the next day, having only water or black tea in between, said to be good for one's health.
I enjoy a cracker (or 3) with cheese at around 8pm especially if watching a movie.
I am doing intermittent fasting and leave more time than that in between meals. I aim for 16 hours.

I noticed that professional Welshwoman presenter at The One Show made a speedy return to presenting after having her third baby. I wish they’d replace her. She also called herself ‘a new mum’ despite having three children.

Last edited:
I am doing intermittent fasting and leave more time than that in between meals. I aim for 16 hours.

I noticed that professional Welshwoman presenter at The One Show made a speedy return to presenting after having her third baby. I wish they’d replace her. She also called herself ‘a new mum’ despite having three children.
Good luck, I doff my cap to you with the fasting regime.

Jones on The One Show? She could eat an apple through a letterbox.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I know that no every one here listens to BBC Radio London but I would be very nterested to know what fellow BBC radio listeners think about the following:

During Jason Rosam's show, at 6:34:30 this morning on BBC Radio London a station promo was played that contained a clip from a caller to Jo Good, where the caller said listening to the show was "like being immersed in Middle Aged Minx", to which Jo Good replies with huge cackle.

I find it unbeliveable that this has been allowed, it is a clear promotion on the BBC of what is their presenter's personal brand. Middle Aged Minx is the alter-ego of Jo Good, under which name she operates on various social media platfoms to run adverts for many brands, including: Yvette Sports, Lily Silk, Function of Beauty, Cherryz, Paula's Choice, Next Beauty, Hello Fresh, Sole Bliss shoes, Gatineau, Chantecaille, Current Body, Natural Instinct raw pet food, se is also an "ambassador" for Paleo Ridge raw pet food.

Jo Good admits that her social media is a commercial enterprise, saying that it is to be her pension, or her "plan B" career if the BBC ever kick her out.

Jo Good often name checks her social media handle during her show, telling listeners they can see what she is wearing, or that there are photos of her dog, or something seemingly inconsequential. If these listeners do visit her socials they will encounter ads for many brands, and, more confusingly, these are rarely discosed as such. For example her YouTube videos that contain ads will not be labelled transparently as required by the ASA, ie delcaring it as an AD in the TILE of the video, in order that it is apparent on any device.

Do we think this is what our BBC's airwaves should be used for?

• Angry
I know that no every one here listens to BBC Radio London but I would be very nterested to know what fellow BBC radio listeners think about the following:

During Jason Rosam's show, at 6:34:30 this morning on BBC Radio London a station promo was played that contained a clip from a caller to Jo Good, where the caller said listening to the show was "like being immersed in Middle Aged Minx", to which Jo Good replies with huge cackle.

I find it unbeliveable that this has been allowed, it is a clear promotion on the BBC of what is their presenter's personal brand. Middle Aged Minx is the alter-ego of Jo Good, under which name she operates on various social media platfoms to run adverts for many brands, including: Yvette Sports, Lily Silk, Function of Beauty, Cherryz, Paula's Choice, Next Beauty, Hello Fresh, Sole Bliss shoes, Gatineau, Chantecaille, Current Body, Natural Instinct raw pet food, se is also an "ambassador" for Paleo Ridge raw pet food.

Jo Good admits that her social media is a commercial enterprise, saying that it is to be her pension, or her "plan B" career if the BBC ever kick her out.

Jo Good often name checks her social media handle during her show, telling listeners they can see what she is wearing, or that there are photos of her dog, or something seemingly inconsequential. If these listeners do visit her socials they will encounter ads for many brands, and, more confusingly, these are rarely discosed as such. For example her YouTube videos that contain ads will not be labelled transparently as required by the ASA, ie delcaring it as an AD in the TILE of the video, in order that it is apparent on any device.

Do we think this is what our BBC's airwaves should be used for?
Nothing surprises me anymore about what goes out on their airwaves. It will have been one of the producers who clipped that from last Monday’s house party.

Eddie Nestor just said that he is working with two 24 year old children who don’t get any of his references.

• Sad
Duncan Barkes, formerly of BBC London, had been tweeting about Jo Good. and Robert Elms losing their original slot.

But yesterday he tweeted that he was listening to RTE at the same time she was broadcasting from 10 pm. If he’s such a fan then why wasn’t he listening to her? That tweet is now gone. He doesn’t seem to have listened to any of her recent output in her new slot as he’s not mentioned it.

Eddie Nestor's 10am to 2pm show on BBC Radio London is so boring and depresssing, and 4 hours is too long for any show.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.