BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tuned in to hear Eddie Nestor's first show in the Monday to Thursday, 10am to 2pm slot on BBC Radio London, he having previously been on drivetime. He addressed the fact it might be considered a demotion, as breakfast and drive are the main shows, but made it clear he does not consider it a demotion. He said Robert Elms (who used to be on at 10am) has been very kind to him, I wonder if Jeanette Kwakye will say the same about her predecessor in the afternoon slot, Jo Good. It will be interesting to see if JK promotes her personal social media accounts, as Jo Good did with impunity. Like Jo, Jeanette promotes companies with which she enjoys commercial agreements.

I was suprised to hear music on eddie Nestor's show, it is some respite as he will be discussing the day's issues, so far he just seems to be carrying on from Vanessa. I am now tuning out as I do not want to listen to the same thing until 2pm, very heavy going, not least becuase I can't stand EN's voice and manner.

11am on a Sunday morning Radio4 repeated on a Friday morning 9am.
Also on BBC website, there is every episode going back to the 1950's
Ok nice, thanks. Like the other poster said, I've heard a lot about it, and think I've listened to one episode a few years ago. I just never came across it. I never often listened to radio four, but have started recently. I will have to look out for them.

Reactions: 1
Why is Eddie Nestor interviewing someone now at 1652 in the JK slot? Are they using previously recorded interviews? It’s the first time I’ve turned BBC London on in today’s daylight hours. Edit I’ve just answered my own question. Yes.

Why is Eddie Nestor interviewing someone now at 1652 in the JK slot? Are they using previously recorded interviews? It’s the first time I’ve turned BBC London on in today’s daylight hours. Edit I’ve just answered my own question. Yes.
I haven't listened to BBC Radio London today, I've given up.

I was going to listen back to Jo Good's debut in the 10pm slot last night. For those who don't know it was "Jo's House Party" broadcasting from her flat, so that she can have live guests, who are not allowed in the BBC studios. Jo has said she is super excited to be in the new slot with lots of exciting things planned, but also commented on Insta that she is #humiliated at being sent back to the nightshift.

I don't think I can bear listening back to last night's show after reading about it on the Jo Good threads: her poor elderly dog being very upset with everyone in the small flat so late when she would normally be asleep (the traumatised dog messed twice); the guests eating and drinking, with chewing and slurping sounds; Jo Good squealing; and descriptions of her slovenly domestic habits. It all sounds too sickening.

Do I tune in tonight at 10pm, when she will be in the studio?

Last edited:
I haven't listened to BBC Radio London today, I've given up.

I was going to listen back to Jo Good's debut in the 10pm slot last night. For those who don't know it was "Jo's House Party" broadcasting from her flat, so that she can have live guests, who are not allowed in the BBC studios. Jo has said she is super excited to be in the new slot with lots of exciting things planned, but also commented on Insta that she is #humiliated at being sent back to the nightshift.

I don't think I can bear listening back to last night's show after reading about it on the Jo Good threads: her poor elderly dog being very upset with everyone in the small flat so late when she would normally be asleep (the traumatised dog messed twice); the guests eating and drinking, with chewing and slurping sounds; Jo Good squealing; and descriptions of her slovenly domestic habits. It all sounds too sickening.

Do I tune in tonight at 10pm, when she will be in the studio?
You could try and listen tonight and if you fall asleep so be it. I did fall asleep after the first 1hr30 or so. Woke up a few times. Flicked through it a few times today to hear the lat half of it. It’s easier to skip past the music.

Did you see the stories on the BBC London Insta? Maybe you could do screen grabs?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard the series Prison Break on Radio 4? I caught the last one today. It’s presented by Josie Bevan, a former naturopath whose film producer husband went to prison for 4.5 years For trying to defraud HMRC. did find her voice irritating though. sorry Josie. I will go back and listen to the others.

I’ve just started listening to Radio 4 in my car now which is surely a sign I’m well into my 30s! 😂 Just been listening to My Teenage Diary with Sofie Hagen and found myself laughing out loud several times. Great show!

Reactions: 3
I’ve just started listening to Radio 4 in my car now which is surely a sign I’m well into my 30s! 😂 Just been listening to My Teenage Diary with Sofie Hagen and found myself laughing out loud several times. Great show!
Wait til you get into Desert Island Discs or.....The Archers :oops: 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Wait til you get into Desert Island Discs or.....The Archers :oops: 😁
I keep catching parts of The Archers and feel completely baffled! There seemed to be some kind of intervention going on yesterday as I left work 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I keep catching parts of The Archers and feel completely baffled! There seemed to be some kind of intervention going on yesterday as I left work 😂
Yeah, I don't really tune into The Archers but if I do it's usually on a Sunday morning at 10am, for the Omnibus edition. 😁
It's good to have on in the background.

From the bits I've heard of Eddie Nestor's new 10am to 2pm show on BBC Radio London, it has a general boring and depressing vibe. Imagine four hours of that, no thanks!

Reactions: 2
During the hours of the new BBC Radio London 10am to 6 pm Mon - Thurs, I am going to start listening back to programmes on the Sounds Apo including Vanessa’s programme, Woman’s Hour and You and Yours. Riz Latref sat in for Vanessa Thursday morning and she had a consumer complaining expert in who mentioned how to find a company’s CEO which I know was mentionEd in Jo Good’s program a while ago after she freaked out about her electricity bill. The expert also gave other tips on how to complain and said that a lot of companies don’t want you to send emails, they want you to call so they can say there isn’t any record in the future. I figured that one out quite a few years ago.

From the bits I've heard of Eddie Nestor's new 10am to 2pm show on BBC Radio London, it has a general boring and depressing vibe. Imagine four hours of that, no thanks!
Dangerous cladding, which is a very important topic, appeared to have been discussed on both Eddie and Jeanette’s programmes yesterday, according to the Sounds details. I didn’t listen to either of them.

Last edited:
Listening to The Archers omnibus on Radio4 and I honestly have no idea what is going on :D

Saw online that Craig Charles has Covid. He has a new slot on BBC 6 Music. 🧐
Due to take over the afternoon show in October, replacing Shaun Keaveny.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.