BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh! Didn’t know that. I’m sure he didn’t choose to leave. I think the Beeb allows their ’takent’ to say that they chose to leave. Is anyone else going? They booted Liz Kershaw out from her Sat afternoon show a while ago. More box ticking perhaps.

Robert Elms lost half his BBC income with the change in schedule. 6 days down to 3 a week.
It was Shaun's choice, just time for a change after 14 years on BBC 6Music.

Reactions: 1
It was Shaun's choice, just time for a change after 14 years on BBC 6Music.
Hmm, that’s what they all say. Does he have somewhere to go to?

He does some commentary in the Fortunately podcast.
Shaun said it wasn't his choice to leave in his last bit (about 4 mins to 4pm on catch up - edit: at 2.56.40). Let's hope another station snaps him up, there's only Mark and Stuart to listen to on 6 music for me now.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Shaun said it wasn't his choice to leave in his last bit (about 4 mins to 4pm on catch up). Let's hope another station snaps him up, there's only Mark and Stuart to listen to on 6 music for me now.
Well, that sucks :cry:
I agree.
Back in the day I'd listen to Radcliffe & Maconie on 6 then tune into Simon Mayo on 2 while doing the dinner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Claira Hermetic sitting in for Robert Elms instead of Jason. 🙁
It is painful listenin' to how out of her depth she is with the music chat, all she can come up with are platitudes like "it's amazin' how music can make you feel".

I'm turnin' 'er off.

It is painful listenin' to how out of her depth she is with the music chat, all she can come up with are platitudes like "it's amazin' how music can make you feel".

I'm turnin' 'er off.
I could only listen for a few minutes. See what auto correct does to her name!

• Haha
Just One Thing Radio 4 - Michael Mosley (urgh) talking about eating dark chocolate for the benefit of your health. He’s recorded himself chomping and slurping on 85% dark chocolate for the flavonoids it contains. Just stop.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Just One Thing Radio 4 - Michael Mosley (urgh) talking about eating dark chocolate for the benefit of your health. He’s recorded himself chomping and slurping on 85% dark chocolate for the flavonoids it contains. Just stop.
Oh no! Fi and Jane have him on their Fortunately podcast. 😳

Michael Holding, Jamaican cricketer/commentator is today's castaway on Desert Island Discs

Just listening to this just now :D

Paul Merton's in top form on Just a Minute

Last edited:
Michael Holding, Jamaican cricketer/commentator is today's castaway on Desert Island Discs
I enjoyed this very much. Such an eclectic choice of music and a great interview, even though I don't like cricket. I loved the rapport between the two of them - Lauren referring to him as 'Mikey' and he always mentioning her name.

BBC TV -has anyone been listening to the continuity announcer on BBC ? His speech is impaired. Frilling instead of thrilling. Dropping his Gs. Etc.

@VeeJayBee - Yes, Gaby Roslin’s enthusiasm is annoying. She looooves or is a big fan of everyone. It’s like she’s on a kids’ television programme. I flick really fast through her programme on catch-up to hear some of her guests doing movie, film and book reviews. That’s all.

Reactions: 2
@VeeJayBee - Yes, Gaby Roslin’s enthusiasm is annoying. She looooves or is a big fan of everyone. It’s like she’s on a kids’ television programme. I flick really fast through her programme on catch-up to hear some of her guests doing movie, film and book reviews. That’s all.
It could be even worse when Jo Good starts next Sunday. 12pm - 6pm with two female luvvies 😵 TBF to Jo, she is not as gushing as Gaby is, but that's because she is always more interested in herself than her guests.

Surely Jo's new programme has to be completely different to Gaby's... We shall see/hear...

ETA: The new schedules are on the BBC RL website, but for next Sunday it is still showing Dotun 3-6pm and not Jo. Do we know why or has it not been fully updated yet?

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.