BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So on BBC Radio London a few minutes ago, Robert Elms announced the changes to his schedule, said he would still like to be there 5 days per week. We'll still have funky Friday, Notes & Quesries, Listed Londoner. Next week he will be on holiday for three weeks, then the new Fri, Sat, Sun when he's back.
Was very sad and his voice was croaky. I didn’t understand why he said he was taking three weeks off as that means he will miss at least the first week of the change. He didn’t actually say when he would be starting in the new schedule.

Was very sad and his voice was croaky. I didn’t understand why he said he was taking three weeks off as that means he will miss at least the first week of the change. He didn’t actually say when he would be starting in the new schedule.
He sounded very sad when the caller was in tears. Strange that he didn't mention his actual back on air date.

Reactions: 1
Maybe he’s hoping to stay in Spain for an indefinite period.

Wayne from Buckhurst Hill is pushing hard against the changes in his Insta account. He’s posting more posts/pictures of Robert and another of Eddie.

Huge amount of comments on
Robert’s latest post on his own account.

Last edited:
The Mail Online article about BBC Radio London reducing/shifting the slots of Robert Elms and Jo Good has now had comments disabled. Strange...

20210905_090913.jpg

• Wow
On WFBH’s insta account is a picture of Robert Elms and his wife hashtagged Telegraph Magazine. Sounds like the might be trying to monetise their reno account.

On WFBH’s insta account is a picture of Robert Elms and his wife hashtagged Telegraph Magazine. Sounds like the might be trying to monetise their reno account.
Did you read the article? I can't as it'll be behind a paywall. And I've no doubt they want to monetise it, Robert has been mentioning the reno Insta account alot on his radio show, why else would he want to attract nosey listeners if there wasn't anything in it for him.

Johnnie Walker's show is good today, with a tribute to dear Freddie Mercury who would've been 75 this weekend.

Did you read the article? I can't as it'll be behind a paywall. And I've no doubt they want to monetise it, Robert has been mentioning the reno Insta account alot on his radio show, why else would he want to attract nosey listeners if there wasn't anything in it for him.
No, I haven’t read it. I think you can register with the Torygraph and get a couple free articles a week. I used to buy that paper on Saturday and Sunday.

Jason Solomon is sitting infor Robert all next week. Claira Hermet is sitting in for Middle Aged Minx. Maybe they got free compensatory leave as a We’re Sorry present.

Jason Solomon is sitting infor Robert all next week. Claira Hermet is sitting in for Middle Aged Minx. Maybe they got free compensatory leave as a We’re Sorry present.
Very pleased to know Jason is in this week, he's one of my radio favourites.

Did anyone hear Nick Grimshaw flogging Gousto meal kits on BBC Radio London? Speaking under the guise of "fussy eaters, let's get ready to travel again and eat exotic food". It was a pure ad.

This was at 3.36 pm during Claira Hermet's show (she is sitting in until Jeanette Kwakye takes over the ex-Jo Good slot next week).

Did anyone hear Nick Grimshaw flogging Gousto meal kits on BBC Radio London? Speaking under the guise of "fussy eaters, let's get ready to travel again and eat exotic food". It was a pure ad.

This was at 3.36 pm during Claira Hermet's show (she is sitting in until Jeanette Kwakye takes over the ex-Jo Good slot next week).
Yep, I heard it! He got the word Gousto in quite a few times. He doesn’t work for the Beeb anymore though. Not that it’s an excuse for them to have interviewed him.

Last edited:
Yep, I heard it! He got the word Gousto in quite a few times. He doesn’t work for the Beeb anymore though. Not that it’s an excuse for them to have interviewed him.
What a co-incidence that he's on pushing Gousto the first day that Jo Good (Hello Fresh YouTube flogger) is off that show.

Apologies for being slightly off topic as my rant is about BBC tv news, but I couldn't see a general BBC tv thread.
Came in from work & put the BBC News Channel on, 25 odd mins about some new rising tennis star at the US open, then some celeb related crap...over to Al Jazeera & a story about women protestors in Kabul getting suppressed by Taliban wielding whips :(
France24 had reports from Africa on a variety of topics.
Talk about a dumbing-down of news, it's disgraceful tbh.
The only BBC source of news I now listen to is the radio WorldService as it is still relatively unadulterated, unbiased & accessible to anyone wirh half a brain wanting to know what's going on in the world.
Rant over, apologies again

😞

Shaun Keaveny's last show on BBC 6Music this afternoon :cry:
Until WFH I'd never much listened to day time radio but I used to like him when he was on early. Do we know if he left of his own accord, or where he's going?

On another topic, listening to BBC Radio London with Claira Hermet sitting in afternoons this week, she sounds a lot less nervous and shaky than she has been, which is a plus. She talks a lot about the pronunciation of her name, and the spelling of her first name. The other day she repeated her full name several times in the course of a monologue about it but kept saying her surname as "Hermy". I really don't think she is aware that she does not pronounce the 'T' at all. If I weren't for seeing her name written on the BBC app I really would think it was Hermy.

I do find it hard to listen to her say she "brought" something instead of "bought".

Until WFH I'd never much listened to day time radio but I used to like him when he was on early. Do we know if he left of his own accord, or where he's going?

On another topic, listening to BBC Radio London with Claira Hermet sitting in afternoons this week, she sounds a lot less nervous and shaky than she has been, which is a plus. She talks a lot about the pronunciation of her name, and the spelling of her first name. The other day she repeated her full name several times in the course of a monologue about it but kept saying her surname as "Hermy". I really don't think she is aware that she does not pronounce the 'T' at all. If I weren't for seeing her name written on the BBC app I really would think it was Hermy.

I do find it hard to listen to her say she "brought" something instead of "bought".
Not sure where Shaun is going, he's a really easy listen, very laid back.
His decision to move on after 14 years though, Shaun's voice was cracking there as he said his goodbye :cry:
Craig Charles gets the afternoon slot on 6Music from October.
Yes, that is a bugbear 'I just brought a new television today' instead of bought, I have no idea where that started, I'm thinking reality tv though?

Reactions: 2
Shaun Keaveny's last show on BBC 6Music this afternoon :cry:
Oh! Didn’t know that. I’m sure he didn’t choose to leave. I think the Beeb allows their ’takent’ to say that they chose to leave. Is anyone else going? They booted Liz Kershaw out from her Sat afternoon show a while ago. More box ticking perhaps.

Robert Elms lost half his BBC income with the change in schedule. 6 days down to 3 a week.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.