BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really enjoyed hearing Jason Solomons back doing the film review just now on BBC Radio London. I feel encouraged to go back to the cinema, I fancy the Jude Law one he spoke about, The Nest.

Claira Hermet was surplus to requirements during the review, he could've just presented the piece himself (...and she's doing my head in saying "to be fair" constantly).

Reactions: 1
I really enjoyed hearing Jason Solomons back doing the film review just now on BBC Radio London. I feel encouraged to go back to the cinema, I fancy the Jude Law one he spoke about, The Nest.

Claira Hermet was surplus to requirements during the review, he could've just presented the piece himself (...and she's doing my head in saying "to be fair" constantly).
She’s like an eager puppy lapping up facts and information from those more knowledgeable than her.

She’s like an eager puppy lapping up facts and information from those more knowledgeable than her.
I am all for them nurturing new voices and if Claira is indeed learning and gaining knowledge that's a good thing. She might eventually be ready to sit in on a show like Robert's but meanwhile we have to endure her on her training wheels.

• Haha
I am all for them nurturing new voices and if Claira is indeed learning and gaining knowledge that's a good thing. She might eventually be ready to sit in on a show like Robert's but meanwhile we have to endure her on her training wheels.
And it’s very painful.

Hat tip to @Mustard who posted this over on the Jo Good thread

I wonder who the quoted BBC Source is? :sneaky: I suppose the changes will be announced in the next week according to the hints dropped last week by Jo Good (aka Middle Aged Minx) on You Tube.

Jo Good now has an excuse to leave during interval at the theatre.

I bet their pay has not been reduced, in order to keep them sweet and not scream ageism. I think these negotations have been ging on quite a while.

Robert should be happy enough, a three day week, weekdays free to oversee his Barbican flat project and mooch in Soho. I'm sure his wife can fit around that if they want to do trips as her work seems flexible. I wonder if he'll control the playlist. Might they let him broadcast from home in Spain?

I really can't stand Eddie Nestor, I can't even stand his voice for one second so my 10am to 1.30pm will be elsewhere. I'm not particularly taken by Jeanette but will give her a go.

Last edited:

I wonder who the quoted BBC Source is? :sneaky: I suppose the changes will be announced in the next week according to the hints dropped last week by Jo Good (aka Middle Aged Minx) on You Tube.

I bet their pay has not been reduced, in order to keep them sweet and not scream ageism. I think these negotations have been ging on quite a while.

Robert should be happy enough, a three day week, weekdays free to oversee his Barbican flat project and mooch in Soho. I'm sure his wife can fit around that if they want to do trips as her work seems flexible. I wonder if he'll control the playlist. Might they let him broadcast from home in Spain?

I really can't stand Eddie Nestor, I can't even stand his voice for one second so my 10am to 1.30pm will be elsewhere. I'm not particularly taken by Jeanette but will give her a go.
Ha ha it’s 10 am - 2 pm.

and there’s no drive time anymore…just sport.

Robert has deliberately not mentioned the change today. He had an opportunity earlier this morning when he talked about his schedule this week and next but no mention made of beyond.

I will watch the TV news at 6 pm, rather than listen to sport.

On Jo Good's Instagram comments, someone is asking if it's true about her show being moved andshe directs them to the Daily Mail, instead of to no Radio Today or somewhere else where the official announcement can be read. Very passive aggressive.

20210827_153256.jpg

Duncan Barkes has tweeted about this and received a lot of replies.

Another outing for Candice Brathwaite on Robert Elms’ programme. She’s the ex Sex Madame who masquerades as an influencer and dresses like 💩. Robert had her on as a listed Londoner and she pretended to still live in Brixton when she actually lives in Milton Keynes. This interview was definitely a box tick. I didn’t even hear it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Duncan Barkes has tweeted about this and received a lot of replies.

Another outing for Candice Brathwaite on Robert Elms’ programme. She’s the ex Sex Madame who masquerades as an influencer and dresses like 💩. Robert had her on as a listed Londoner and she pretended to still live in Brixton when she actually lives in Milton Keynes. This interview was definitely a box tick. I didn’t even hear it.
But I did listen to it on catchup. She is supremely confident and kept turning the subject away from her own family and sister because she treats them like 💩. She was discussing her book called Sista Sista.

• Wow
I listened to the beginning of Jim Davis covering for Dotun. For some reason he thought the colour marigold was pink and kept saying this for a long time when a caller was describing what colour she’d painted a room. Maybe he was thinking of pink washing up gloves for some reason but marigold gloves are yellow.

• Haha
Ouch. Claira Hermet on BBC Radio London just now called Elizabeth Rizzini by the wrong name, Louise. Claira tried to explain that she was thinking of Louise who was coming up with the travel, but Elizabeth sounded supremely pissed off.

• Wow
Ouch. Claira Hermet on BBC Radio London just now called Elizabeth Rizzini by the wrong name, Louise. Claira tried to explain that she was thinking of Louise who was coming up with the travel, but Elizabeth sounded supremely pissed off.
After she’d already introduced her correctly too! 😳

• Haha
So on BBC Radio London a few minutes ago, Robert Elms announced the changes to his schedule, said he would still like to be there 5 days per week. We'll still have funky Friday, Notes & Quesries, Listed Londoner. Next week he will be on holiday for three weeks, then the new Fri, Sat, Sun when he's back.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.