BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm missing my weekly Desert Island Discs fix :cautious:
The same here! I usually listen on Sunday after The Archers, who wants The Reunion with boring Kirsty Wark?
I take it back! I didn't hear the Sunday edition, but heard the repeat yesterday. Reuniting the team behind the 90s news parody - The Day Today. It was quite amusing. Perhaps it depends on the subject of the reunion as to whether it is a good listen or not. Usually I haven't enjoyed them that much in the past.

Reactions: 1
I take it back! I didn't hear the Sunday edition, but heard the repeat yesterday. Reuniting the team behind the 90s news parody - The Day Today. It was quite amusing. Perhaps it depends on the subject of the reunion as to whether it is a good listen or not. Usually I haven't enjoyed them that much in the past.
Chris Morris & the beginning of Alan Partridge's illustrious broadcasting career :love:

• Haha
Sad news about the passing of Charlie Watts. I'm sure Robert Elms (Radio London) will pay a great tribute to him as not only has he been a Listed Londoner on Robert's programme, I also believe they shared a lot with their love of clothes and fashion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Sad news about the passing of Charlie Watts. I'm sure Robert Elms (Radio London) will pay a great tribute to him as not only has he been a Listed Londoner on Robert's programme, I also believe they shared a lot with their love of clothes and fashion.
Yes, he undoubtedly will. Wayne From Buckhurst Hill has already posted his tribute.

And in the meantime, Jo Good is gassing about makeup over in Nadine Baggott’s Insta page.

Yes, he undoubtedly will. Wayne From Buckhurst Hill has already posted his tribute.

And in the meantime, Jo Good is gassing about makeup over in Nadine Baggott’s Insta page.
As usual, thanks for keeping us in the loop. I love Wayne, on and off of Robert's and Jo's radio programmes. Such a great character.

Thank goodness I'm not on IG to see whatever nonsense is happening there :rolleyes:

As usual, thanks for keeping us in the loop. I love Wayne, on and off of Robert's and Jo's radio programmes. Such a great character.

Thank goodness I'm not on IG to see whatever nonsense is happening there :rolleyes:
WFBH posts an unreal amount. You can see the posts but not the comments?

Jo Good, on her BBC Radio London show today at 3.37pm said "... I know how aborigines were invisible... I never saw an aborigine at all, and I lived there for 14 years".

Jo Good constantly refers to the fact she lived in Australia for a large part of her childhood despite being so disengaged from the place that she uses an outdated and offensive term to describe that country's indigenous people.

Knowing Jo Good's general ignorance of almost everything the producers should have anticipated this and educated her on the correct terminology.

I do hope this receives a lot of complaints to the BBC. This, plus Jo Good being insensitive when recently interviewing a child with autism, demonstrates the ignorance of this woman, how she remains on the airwaves is unbelievable.

WFBH = Wayne from Buckhurst Hill. He's a regular contributor to Robert Elms' and Jo Good's programmes on BBC Radio London. I'm not sure if he also contacts any other BBC radio stations.

ETA: Apologies @Mustard, you already said this in a previous post.

Salma Al Wardany on BBC London. Introduced Vera Lynn singing A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square by pronouncing it Burklee Square. She actually said it twice. She had been asking listeners to nominate songs referencing a London place or park. She said it a third time, even after listening to the song. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Salma Al Wardany on BBC London. Introduced Vera Lynn singing A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square by pronouncing it Burklee Square. She actually said it twice. She had been asking listeners to nominate songs referencing a London place or park.
This is the problem with BBC RL now having so many young presenters, they don't know very much - not all of them of course. That said, they still employ Jo Good and many of the youngsters could give her a run for money where her ignorance and lack of knowledge is concerned.

Last edited:
This is the problem with BBC RL now having so many young presenters, they don't know very much - not all of them of course. That said, they still employ Jo Good and many of the youngsters could give her a run for money where her ignorance and lack of knowledge are concerned.
If she was North American I could understand it, as Berkeley in California is pronounced that way. Does that mean she would pronounce Berkshire, Burkshurr or Burkshire? She lives in the Uk and is half British and half Egyptian.

If she was North American I could understand it, as Berkeley in California is pronounced that way. Does that mean she would pronounce Berkshire, Burkshurr or Burkshire? She lives in the UK and is half British and half Egyptian.
And so do the majority of us on these threads, so I would hope she knew better, but maybe not. However, with this County name I'm sure many people, regardless of age, still pronounce it as the examples you gave.

And so do the majority of us on these threads, so I would hope she knew better, but maybe not. However, with this County name I'm sure many people, regardless of age, still pronounce it as the examples you gave.
In that case her producers should know to tell her the correct pronunciation.

Oh no. Claira Hermet in for Robert Elms on BBC Radio London today. She's not even that young (38) and is quite ignorant of many things she should be au fait with in that role.

Oh no. Claira Hermet in for Robert Elms on BBC Radio London today. She's not even that young (38) and is quite ignorant of many things she should be au fait with in that role.
Agree. Jason or Petrie Hosken would do a better job. However, Jason is back on as film reviewer.

Agree. Jason or Petrie Hosken would do a better job. However, Jason is back on as film reviewer.
Petrie would be fantastic! There are some shows that really need someone with either a journalistic background, broad general knowledge or wide life experience, simply because they cover so many random topics and many things pop up that can't be prepared for.

Petrie would be fantastic! There are some shows that really need someone with either a journalistic background, broad general knowledge or wide life experience, simply because they cover so many random topics and many things pop up that can't be prepared for.
Yes, it’s so obvious that Claira Hermet (always being autocorrected to Hermetic!) is being groomed for something.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.