Bad In-Laws Stories.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mother in law will have a go at us if we don’t contact her first. I hardly hear from her, it’s always me that rings/texts. Anyways one time I’d had a really busy week and didn't contact her, I of course didn’t hear from her until the following week she rang me up having a go at me saying “I could be dead for all you know” and that no one had contacted her and she had been counting the days since she last heard from us. I told her it works BOTH ways which one of her sons also said to her.

Another thing that pisses me off she’s always saying she never gets invited to anything, I’ll agree with one of her sons and his family they don’t but me and my partner, her other son we ALWAYS invite her. Once we said we was going bowling and for food in an hour and if she wants to come. She said she was in her pjs, said to her we’ll wait and she said no it’s fine you go. Another time was when she was with us and saying she never gets invited to things, we was going to the beach later on that day so said to come, what did she say? No it’s ok you go.

Can’t bluddy win!!!

She also announced both times the arrival of my children to everyone!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My friend has an awful mother in law. She tells my friend that her husband could have anyone he wanted, goes on about how his ex was a beauty queen my friend is Irish and her MIL always makes derogatory comments about that and she was cross that my friend had her husband at the birth of their baby as it must have been horrendous for him to have to see 😳 He never stands up for her though I dont know how she puts up with it.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Mine lives in the next village but is never available to help with occasional emergency childcare as she’s too busy waiting hand and foot on her youngest son who is 15yr old and I’d be surprised if he’s allowed to wipe his own arse yet 🙄

last year I was seriously ill in intensive care and she still refused to help. I’d never expect her to have the kids regularly but it would have relieved the stress on my husband massively. Oh and she’s constantly posting pictures of our kids on her social media going on about how much she loves them but she sees them so rarely they don’t know who she is!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
My sister in law (well, brother-in-laws soon to be wife) is an absolute nightmare. The most frustrating example... she always HAS to do the cooking, recently turned up to a family event I was hosting with a huge amount of food I’d expressly asked her not to bring. Because I have a nut allergy and she refuses to cook in anything but peanut oil 🙃 the most recent thing she cooked for us? Pesto pasta. I had bread and butter for dinner. The worst bit is she always gets offended, I’ve told her at least 30 times over the last 7 years that I can’t have nuts. My mother in law always says I’m just being “miserable”.

Phew, that was a rant to get off my chest 🙈
I'm not trying to be rude but maybe you should have this food with the nut oils and let them see you have a full on reaction and be rushed off to the hospital. They might be more understanding after!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
I'm not trying to be rude but maybe you should have this food with the nut oils and let them see you have a full on reaction and be rushed off to the hospital. They might be more understanding after!
Haha no they’re definitely not worth almost killing myself for...

• Haha
Reactions: 23
My MIL prank calls my mobile when she wants to talk to me or her son. She says that it’s cheaper if I call her back as I’ve got a contract and she has to buy top-ups!! 🤬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
So more on my MIL... she told us she was going to a friends for Christmas Dinner last year which suited us fine as I'm not keeping very well at the moment and we just wanted to have a quiet one.
Hubs said he'd visit her Christmas morning only to be told "No" because she was going to Church then straight onto the friends house and wouldn't be back until evening.
So Hubs went and visited her on Christmas Eve with her presents.
Christmas Day, she calls us early evening and tells us what a lovely time she had and what she ate etc., and seemed happy as a pig in tit.
Last Sunday I get told that she "has to go to people she doesn't know to have her Christmas Dinner"... I said but you told us you wanted to go, that you knew this friend... and you said what a lovely time you had so what's the issue? - Her reply "their isn't one." 🤬

Then I'm told that Hubs doesn't spend enough time with her when he visits to listen to her issues/problems.
So I say well tell me what they are now, I'm happy to listen and she says "I don't have any." 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Oh God, where to begin.
When we announced that we'd secured a mortgage on our first home and were moving in and getting married in 3 months my sis in law declared that we'd have to buy them a new living room suite and pay to have all their rooms redecorated ready for the guests who'd be popping in to their home with presents. Yeah right. We were furnishing our new home with used furniture ffs! :mad: Needless to say that idea was quashed.
Every Christmas my partner would get great presents, never anything less than £30 ... I would get something from the local equivilant of a pound shop and the item would be stickered £1. In fact one memorable set of two wine glases had 12 stickers ... I kid you not. 12 bright yellow £1 stickers in case I missed the point. Then one year I got a pair of pyjamas ! Wow! OK, they were size 18 and I was a size10/12 but still . Then I looked closer.The top had a stain on the collar, so I opened out the trousers. Two more yellow (yuck) stains on the front of them. I wouldn't even venture looking at the crotch. That was it, I went round to her house, handed her the pyjamas and sweetly said "Thanks for the gift but you'll need to return it to the shop and get a refund as someone has already worn these" Then I told her not to worry about gifts in future because we were stopping gifting family and donating to Trocaire on their behalf instead and would love them to follow suit as regards us. All with a sweet smile. So that was the end of that cycle of passive aggressive christmas gifts to me, although they still "popped in" with cigarettes and drink for my partner because as I was often jokingly told "He's been our brother longer than he's been your partner".

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
My MIL prank calls my mobile when she wants to talk to me or her son. She says that it’s cheaper if I call her back as I’ve got a contract and she has to buy top-ups!! 🤬
My mum does this to us but it doesn’t really bother me, id rather call her than her spend £5 credit waffling on the phone to me🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Mine lives in the next village but is never available to help with occasional emergency childcare as she’s too busy waiting hand and foot on her youngest son who is 15yr old and I’d be surprised if he’s allowed to wipe his own arse yet 🙄

last year I was seriously ill in intensive care and she still refused to help. I’d never expect her to have the kids regularly but it would have relieved the stress on my husband massively. Oh and she’s constantly posting pictures of our kids on her social media going on about how much she loves them but she sees them so rarely they don’t know who she is!
I have a MIL like that. 🙄
I hope you’re ok now. 😊

Reactions: 1
Mine are odd! They have moved further away.
they cook their meals am and reheat them lateron in the day in the microwave! I have never enjoyed a meal at their house!
mil puts half a bottle of softener in a wash, puttin a timer on every 30 mins to top it up.
they store everything in carrier bags.
They have enough food to feed a family for a month but still have to go shoppin twice a week.
Last weekend we went n visited them, sil said stay at mums n come for Sunday dinner....(live down the road) but mil said you can’t stay as I have no bedding ( we leave our air bed there, as hubby is paralysed n csnt get up stairs) only the one on the spare bed (😩) n our bedding was at home!
Itwas only when sil rang n said I’ll bring some bedding over, mil said she would let us use it but will have to get another Duvet n cover for the bed, as doesn’t want to cross use the bedding! I don’tknow who she thinks will be staying there, but we stay a lot!

Bloody hell, me of these stories wow what awful in laws you have.

My daughter was the 1st girl born into my husbands family for 40 years. My MIL used to buy my daughter everything, and gave very little to her 2 other grandsons (my children). When i questioned MIL that she should treat all kids the same she replied "my granddaughter is very special to me". She wouldn't answer when i told her all her grandchildren should be special to her.
Then she criticised me as i went back to work 3 months after having my daughter, i didn't know that i was expecting for 6 months and didn't have enough time to save money to top up my maternity pay for 9 months. All she told me was "well in my day we didn't go back to work", grrr made me so angry.
My FIL is a complete hole he fell out with us over money my husband inherited. My hubby doesn't want anything to do with him and we haven't seen him for nearly 5 years despite him living 20 min drive from us. Hubby has the party cannons ready for when he passes, sad but its true.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
So more on my MIL... she told us she was going to a friends for Christmas Dinner last year which suited us fine as I'm not keeping very well at the moment and we just wanted to have a quiet one.
Hubs said he'd visit her Christmas morning only to be told "No" because she was going to Church then straight onto the friends house and wouldn't be back until evening.
So Hubs went and visited her on Christmas Eve with her presents.
Christmas Day, she calls us early evening and tells us what a lovely time she had and what she ate etc., and seemed happy as a pig in tit.
Last Sunday I get told that she "has to go to people she doesn't know to have her Christmas Dinner"... I said but you told us you wanted to go, that you knew this friend... and you said what a lovely time you had so what's the issue? - Her reply "their isn't one." 🤬

Then I'm told that Hubs doesn't spend enough time with her when he visits to listen to her issues/problems.
So I say well tell me what they are now, I'm happy to listen and she says "I don't have any." 🤷🏻‍♀️
She sounds needy!

My ex's mum used to kiss my bf, his twin brother and older sister all on the lips and would ring him to say good night if we were out 🤣

My husband is a orphan so lucky escape there for me but to be fair all his siblings are lovely so I imagine his parents would of been to, although his brothers partner told me I needed to work on my tummy exercises, 5 days after giving birth and having had sacral dysplasia during labour!
Wow did she mean there and then - are you sure she didn’t mean to help your bladder and was trying to give helpful advice my friend said the same to me but I knew she never meant I needed to work out soon after birth 🤣🤦‍♀️

Wow did she mean there and then - are you sure she didn’t mean to help your bladder and was trying to give helpful advice my friend said the same to me but I knew she never meant I needed to work out soon after birth 🤣🤦‍♀️
Nope she meant there and then pretty much, she wouldn't know how to be helpful lol, also told me I should hire a babysitter for the day and leave my new born baby with them rather than have them at my wedding as it was "tacky" my son was a surprise pregnancy and born 13 weeks before a long planned wedding lol

• Wow
Reactions: 5
My fiancé’s family are scum! He is one of 6 and they are all such wrong en’s . His sister has had 10 children and 6 have been taken into care!!! Now pregnant with number 11 and the dad is in his 60’s!! She is mid 30’s only has babies for money!!
Other brothers are all druggies in and out of prison. All stems from the parents abusive mentally and physically to them all as kids.

any way my fiancé and I have built a business from scratch, and we are doing so so well for our selves.
His mum and dad have been so jealous of this. As they never done it and his dad tried and failed many years ago.

they tried calling hmrc to say we were dodging corporation tax. That was a lie obviously and didn’t go any where.

then they called my work (local authoritie) to say I helped them commit benefit fraud!!!!! Because they got caught claiming and earning they tried to say I somehow wangled it!!! I don’t even work in that department!!!!!!!!

safe to say me and partner now have completely distanced ourselves from them !!!!! And our success in silence is the best revenge and other family members always say they always talk about us and slag us off for no reason other than jealousy!!

• Wow
Reactions: 19
2006 called it wants your mother in law back.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
My mother in law will have a go at us if we don’t contact her first. I hardly hear from her, it’s always me that rings/texts. Anyways one time I’d had a really busy week and didn't contact her, I of course didn’t hear from her until the following week she rang me up having a go at me saying “I could be dead for all you know” and that no one had contacted her and she had been counting the days since she last heard from us. I told her it works BOTH ways which one of her sons also said to her.

Another thing that pisses me off she’s always saying she never gets invited to anything, I’ll agree with one of her sons and his family they don’t but me and my partner, her other son we ALWAYS invite her. Once we said we was going bowling and for food in an hour and if she wants to come. She said she was in her pjs, said to her we’ll wait and she said no it’s fine you go. Another time was when she was with us and saying she never gets invited to things, we was going to the beach later on that day so said to come, what did she say? No it’s ok you go.

Can’t bluddy win!!!

She also announced both times the arrival of my children to everyone!
She prob wants to feel
More included and involved what’s wrong with announcing times she was probably excited for you

• Haha
My in-laws are alright (especially now I've read this thread!) but think they are providing us so much help with the kids, when in reality whenever we ask them to take them (which isn't often) they always have stuff booked in or are on month long holidays. Which is fine, they have lives to live! But they bang on like we wouldn't survive without them when they actually help us out about 10% of the time we need them to. We're going to move closer to my family as it's unsustainable having so little help nearby and they were devastated.