Bad In-Laws Stories.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My future mother in law has been canny until now when she’s just not listening to anything me and my other half are saying about our wedding in October 😂
Ooo I had this because she recommended we get married somewhere else than we chose. Pathetic aren’t they. Don’t worry, you’re marrying her son, YOU WIN. Be smug at night when you go to sleep, I do 😅

Reactions: 2
Ooo I had this because she recommended we get married somewhere else than we chose. Pathetic aren’t they. Don’t worry, you’re marrying her son, YOU WIN. Be smug at night when you go to sleep, I do 😅
She’s been on board with most things but me and the other half have made the decision that anyone flying in for the wedding for abroad won’t be coming and they’ve been told . This includes her daughter and grandkids . She keeps saying awww can’t wait to see them and we won’t know until last minute if they can make it in . We’ve told them a few times now no1 from abroad is coming 😂

Reactions: 1
I’m curious to know in your experiences, what does your OH think of their parents bad behaviour? And how can someone be so nice with horrid parents?? 😂 I never understand lol

A daughter is a friend for life, a husband is a friend until his wife.
And for that reason alone, a mother in law will always resent a daughter in law.
Totally and if my brother hadn’t turned out to be gay then I swear my Mum would have been one of ‘those’ mothers!!

It’s the same with fathers and their daughters.

Reactions: 3
I’m curious to know in your experiences, what does your OH think of their parents bad behaviour? And how can someone be so nice with horrid parents?? 😂 I never understand lol
My OH is lovely but duck, does he have issues because of his mum & dad. As we all do. My partner turned a blind eye to his mums behaviour for years, because he thought it was pointless & she would never change. Whilst im sure she will have moments in future of being a twit, she actually is much more considerate now after me & her had it out.

A daughter is a friend for life, a husband is a friend until his wife.
And for that reason alone, a mother in law will always resent a daughter in law.
Its so true. As a mum of boys, it hurts my heart 😭 because it does happen. I will try my hardest not to be that Mil 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My OH is lovely but duck, does he have issues because of his mum & dad. As we all do. My partner turned a blind eye to his mums behaviour for years, because he thought it was pointless & she would never change. Whilst im sure she will have moments in future of being a twit, she actually is much more considerate now after me & her had it out.

Its so true. As a mum of boys, it hurts my heart 😭 because it does happen. I will try my hardest not to be that Mil 😂
What if you just can’t help but be a Monster In Law?!😂😂😂

• Haha

The fact that you’re aware of it you probably won’t be. My mum genuinely loves my brothers girlfriend but she won’t get involved in their relationship because she knows she wouldn’t win.

• Heart
What if you just can’t help but be a Monster In Law?!😂😂😂
My mum was a lovely MIL to my brothers wife. She did so much for her. But the wife was an absolute bleep. The wife would be jealous when my mum would do anything for my kids, instead of hers (despite being the babysitter for her kids for their first 5yrs and spoiling them rotten). Bridges well & truely burnt, they no longer talk.

Oh man. I hope my boys pick good partners 😂😭

• Heart
My ex boyfriends mum used to back him up when he battered me and she said I knew how to “push his buttons” and that really annoyed me because his dad used to batter her, I told her that she and his dad were the reason that he had turned out that way and that she chose to stay in that violent life due to the fact they had a nice big house and the father had good money, when my ex was 7 years old she asked him if she should leave his daddy! She also said “the next time he is kicking your door in then don’t phone the police, phone me”, she has no car and lived 40 mins away on a bus and the police station was around the corner from me, she also used to take him uptown and buy him something new the day after he been lifted for being violent with me!!!
This sounds a bit like what I went through... my ex was violent and I asked his parents for help but they said because he lived with me he was my problem.
He then head butted me cracking my head open- my son who was 3 at the time witnessed it but his parents asked me to say I hit my head on a cupboard.
For some reason some families want to protect there children even though they did wrong.
In protecting there son they now only see there grandson twice a month if they are lucky.
I will be heartbroken if my son grows up to be violent and I did the best thing by leaving and not covering up violence.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
This sounds a bit like what I went through... my ex was violent and I asked his parents for help but they said because he lived with me he was my problem.
He then head butted me cracking my head open- my son who was 3 at the time witnessed it but his parents asked me to say I hit my head on a cupboard.
For some reason some families want to protect there children even though they did wrong.
In protecting there son they now only see there grandson twice a month if they are lucky.
I will be heartbroken if my son grows up to be violent and I did the best thing by leaving and not covering up violence.
What annoyed me about my exes mother was that she had been in my position with my exes Dad and so she should’ve known it was the old Nature thing, his role model of a man was one that hit women and his role model of a woman was one who put up with being hit, it’s a sad cycle and even though the mothers are being abused then they are still putting their relationship above their child’s needs by staying in it.

My daughter was 2.5 years old when I started seeing him and there was 40 police call outs in our relationship that lasted 3 years and 5 months, my daughter had been there 13 times/40 😱😱 and so social work got involved and my daughter was put on the At Risk register because I didn’t leave him after so many times, she was on it for 6 months and in that time then they checked up on me frequently to check that I hadn’t taken him back and if it wasn’t for nearly losing custody of my girl, then I can’t say I definitely would have left when I did.

I can see why SW remove kids if the mum won’t leave the violent partner, it certainly gave me a kick up the arse, but I’m quite lucky in that the worse a man treats me then I start going off of them naturally and that doesn’t happen to everyone. I pknow women that know their man is violent and still have a baby to them anyway so it’s hard to sympathise when a woman does wreckless things like that.

Thankfully my girl wasn’t his kid so I totally sympathise that you have to stay in touch with your exes parents for your kid.

What annoyed me about my exes mother was that she had been in my position with my exes Dad and so she should’ve known it was the old Nature thing, his role model of a man was one that hit women and his role model of a woman was one who put up with being hit, it’s a sad cycle and even though the mothers are being abused then they are still putting their relationship above their child’s needs by staying in it.

My daughter was 2.5 years old when I started seeing him and there was 40 police call outs in our relationship that lasted 3 years and 5 months, my daughter had been there 13 times/40 😱😱 and so social work got involved and my daughter was put on the At Risk register because I didn’t leave him after so many times, she was on it for 6 months and in that time then they checked up on me frequently to check that I hadn’t taken him back and if it wasn’t for nearly losing custody of my girl, then I can’t say I definitely would have left when I did.

I can see why SW remove kids if the mum won’t leave the violent partner, it certainly gave me a kick up the arse, but I’m quite lucky in that the worse a man treats me then I start going off of them naturally and that doesn’t happen to everyone. I pknow women that know their man is violent and still have a baby to them anyway so it’s hard to sympathise when a woman does wreckless things like that.

Thankfully my girl wasn’t his kid so I totally sympathise that you have to stay in touch with your exes parents for your kid.
It's scary isn't it my ex used to tell me that his dad beat him up! To this day I dont know if it's true.
That's the cycle I didnt want for my son. I had social workers visit me etc .. I honestly felt like I was being punished for leaving him. It took me over a year to press charges.
I know my son is safe now. I dont have any contact with any members of his family luckily his parents were as bad as him.

• Heart
It's scary isn't it my ex used to tell me that his dad beat him up! To this day I dont know if it's true.
That's the cycle I didnt want for my son. I had social workers visit me etc .. I honestly felt like I was being punished for leaving him. It took me over a year to press charges.
I know my son is safe now. I dont have any contact with any members of his family luckily his parents were as bad as him.
My ex has had a new girlfriend since 2009 and we split in 2008 and they have had a baby since and because she wouldn’t leave him for him being violent, then their little boy lives with her mother! I can’t believe she chose her violent, non working cocklodger of a boyfriend, rather than her wee boy 😢😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Where to start with my MIL. Before I met my partner, she was physically and emotionally abusive to him. When he met me, she was vile to me. She would make constant digs, or act like I weren’t even there. When we went on holiday, she phoned my partner to say she was in hospital with internal bleeding after a fall and he had to rush home immediately. When we got home, she was stood in the kitchen with nothing wrong with her. He was late to our first date as she locked him in the house and wouldn’t allow him to leave. He ended up climbing out of a window. When we got engaged, she ran off threatening to kill herself and his family spent hours trying to find her. We’ve tried to cut all ties with her but she’s relentless and won’t leave us alone and has made herself the victim. Plus, his family are mad at us for not talking to her. They turn a blind eye to her behaviour as allowing her to be obsessed with him means that they get some peace from her. At family events, she spends the whole time talking to us and we feel obliged to be civil. Not sure how much more I can take.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
When I was pregnant (a very high risk pregnancy at that) with my child my ex MIL and the rest of the family, who to my face declared me the best thing to ever happen to her son, I used to go shopping with this woman, evenings out, have drinks with her on a weekend, you get the drift decided when her precious son turned up with his side piece she would welcome her in with open arms and embrace her. Nice 🥰🙂

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
My ex had a new girlfriend in a matter of months. But abusers do move fast.
His parents bad mouthed me etc and still do the few times they see my son. But I think it's because I stood up to him and them. I didn't become a puppet on a string and I would no longer be under their control.

My ex has had a new girlfriend since 2009 and we split in 2008 and they have had a baby since and because she wouldn’t leave him for him being violent, then their little boy lives with her mother! I can’t believe she chose her violent, non working cocklodger of a boyfriend, rather than her wee boy 😢😢

• Heart
When I was pregnant (a very high risk pregnancy at that) with my child my ex MIL and the rest of the family, who to my face declared me the best thing to ever happen to her son, I used to go shopping with this woman, evenings out, have drinks with her on a weekend, you get the drift decided when her precious son turned up with his side piece she would welcome her in with open arms and embrace her. Nice 🥰🙂
I had this, just without the child! The girl he cheated on me with dumped him about a year later and he’s still single living at his mums now in the spare bedroom and I’m engaged and bought a house with the lovely man I met in the few months after!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My future mother in law has been canny until now when she’s just not listening to anything me and my other half are saying about our wedding in October 😂
Me and my MIL got in great til she started butting in when we were planning the wedding. It only got worse when I had our son

My ex had a new girlfriend in a matter of months. But abusers do move fast.
His parents bad mouthed me etc and still do the few times they see my son. But I think it's because I stood up to him and them. I didn't become a puppet on a string and I would no longer be under their control.
They do don’t they?! When my ex and his bird first got together then she and him would send me nasty FB messages and I had split up with him about 9 months before she met him, then 2 years ago she messaged me again apologising for all that she said and this is when she told me that their son didn’t live with her because SW wouldn’t allow it due to her continuation of the relationship, now sometimes abusers have something good about them that keeps the abused woman there, like a good income etc etc, but my ex couldn’t hold down a job and has spent many years on the dole so he has literally NOTHING going for him! Her self esteem must be in tatters 😢😢

• Sad
The fact that you’re aware of it you probably won’t be. My mum genuinely loves my brothers girlfriend but she won’t get involved in their relationship because she knows she wouldn’t win.
My mum is a brilliant MIL according to my SILs I think it's cos my brother was previously married to a woman who was just horrible and drove him almost to suicide, she knows how lucky she is to have my lovely SILs now

My mum's ex parents in law (my biological paternal grandparents) helped my biological dad cheat on her with an ex girlfriend and encouraged him to move to America so he wouldnt have to pay child support or see me

• Wow
Reactions: 7