Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m more interested in who Darrien is. Martha is clearly unwell and has faced consequences for her actions. I wonder how many young guys that bastard groomed and raped.

Reactions: 111
I’m more interested in who Darrien is. Martha is clearly unwell and has faced consequences for her actions. I wonder how many young guys that bastard groomed and raped.
Yes I came to say the same thing, there was no indication of charges being made or anything either.

Reactions: 21
Yeah different tiktoks are claiming to have found the real her, the description shown of her in the show is meant to be completely opposite to how she actually looks in real life

• Wow
Reactions: 6
If I was him, there is a part of me that would be anxious that she’d stalk again… given the fact he’s brought light to the situation.

Poor guy. I really feel for him. I’m sure it’s therapeutic in a way reliving it… but certainly heavy going emotionally.

Reactions: 19
If Martha is the fictionalised version of the real person and as RG has said she would struggle to recognise herself - all things being different. The Darrin character is likely to be the same - someone in the entertainment industry but likely not a writer.

I’d like to see the viral clip referenced in the show. That should be somewhere in the internets.

Reactions: 12
She's a brilliant actress, not seen her in anything before.
She’s in this episode of ‘Inside No 9’, was bugging me where I recognised her from. I recommend it, if you’ve not seen it.

Given that she’s from Huddersfield, on the basis of the two things I’ve seen her in she’s incredible at accents!

---
So, my husband has said everyone was talking about the show at work. His colleague claims he spent hours looking up the real Martha online and said she lives and works in a certain area of London near us.
I thought her real identity was unknown?

Reactions: 1
If Martha is the fictionalised version of the real person and as RG has said she would struggle to recognise herself - all things being different. The Darrin character is likely to be the same - someone in the entertainment industry but likely not a writer.

I’d like to see the viral clip referenced in the show. That should be somewhere in the internets.
The items on tiktok are about someone who was staking their ex who was a barrister and his picture is there from him turning up at court so even with details changed its not the writer of this

Reactions: 2
I think the people who are trying to find 'the real Martha' have completely misunderstood the point of the show tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 71
I am just about to start episode 4, utterly compelling to watch. I almost felt guilty laughing at the funnier moments and the hilarious things Martha says as she appears so malevolent.

Reactions: 8
I am just about to start episode 4, utterly compelling to watch. I almost felt guilty laughing at the funnier moments and the hilarious things Martha says as she appears so malevolent.
Things get a lot darker at episode 4.

Reactions: 4
Just watching episode 4 and came across the thread, I really don't know how to feel 😶

As someone who has been through something similar in the past, no amount of money could ever convince me to act out that situation again...

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Just watching episode 4 and came across the thread, I really don't know how to feel 😶

As someone who has been through something similar in the past, no amount of money could ever convince me to act out that situation again...
Anybody think it might come out that the whole things made up to gain more publicity? Saying it really happened makes people more curious to watch?
Pretty traumatic story full stop to re-enact on screen in the name of entertainment though

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I've watched the first three, apprehensive to watch the fourth. So far I find it intriguing and well written but like others have said I find it odd that he's happy to relive this and act it out himself. Maybe it's cathartic? Idk. But I also find it interesting that he's admitting "fault" (for lack of a better word) with how he handled the situation with both Martha and Teri. Most people wouldn't admit to being so flawed I suppose.

Reactions: 6
I wonder if sharing his story is therapeutic as it is him taking some control over what happened? I would hope that he has undergone some work to help him to come to terms with and manage his trauma, he is able to face what happened and has the coping mechanisms to deal with triggers.

Reactions: 22
I’d never considered for one minute that the writer had embellished or “made up” the story. Am I naive?

Reactions: 10
I saw him suggested on TikTok. He does resemble the actor who played Darien too.
Ah, I’m not on Tik Tok. I’m debating downloading it as this whole thing is blowing my brain!

As soon as “Darien” came on the screen I said to my partner he looks like Sean Foley.
I’ve googled him and he’s just stepped down from a role..coincidence 👀

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.