Baby Reindeer Netflix #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fiona reminds me of this woman in Stephen King's Rose Red. In looks and personality.

images.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I was trying to look up if she's ever had a real job, reading some articles on PressReader and this came up, thought it was worth sharing:

"In real life, Harvey was given a police warning for her conduct involving Gadd but has never been to prison or convicted for stalking.
In 2017, he complained to police he was being stalked by Harvey, which led to a First Instance Harassment Warning being issued against her.
She is believed to have sent him more than 40,000 emails, 350 hours of voicemail, 744 tweets, 46 Facebook messages and 106 pages of letter."

Reactions: 10
I actually really respect that Richard Gadd hasn't acknowledged any of Fionas Facebook ramblings, newspaper articles and her Piers Morgan interview. I think I'd like to have that response if it was me. I wonder where she is though, do you think she's maybe getting some legal advice 👀? Surely her Facebook posts could be used against her ?

Reactions: 8
I actually really respect that Richard Gadd hasn't acknowledged any of Fionas Facebook ramblings, newspaper articles and her Piers Morgan interview. I think I'd like to have that response if it was me. I wonder where she is though, do you think she's maybe getting some legal advice 👀? Surely her Facebook posts could be used against her ?
I think Gadd has been told by Netflix and lawyers to keep quiet and not to stoke the fire.

I don’t think FH has the same thought process that you and I would have with regard to social media. If I was her I’d have deleted my Twitter account when the play came out years ago. I don’t think any legal proceedings against her would come to anything due to diminished responsibility maybe?

Reactions: 9
He has said what he needed to say via his show and the Netflix series. She’s doing his job by proving to the world that she’d be perfectly capable of things depicted on screen.
I hope he never comments on any of her ramblings. She’s not his responsibility and I think after getting thousands of those messages, you know there’s nothing you can say anyway.

Reactions: 17
He has said what he needed to say via his show and the Netflix series. She’s doing his job by proving to the world that she’d be perfectly capable of things depicted on screen.
I hope he never comments on any of her ramblings. She’s not his responsibility and I think after getting thousands of those messages, you know there’s nothing you can say anyway.
I agree. It would give her the attention she doesn't deserve and provide conformation directly from him of her identity even though she's told the world its her. Silence is a very powerful response.

Reactions: 7
I think Gadd has been told by Netflix and lawyers to keep quiet and not to stoke the fire.

I don’t think FH has the same thought process that you and I would have with regard to social media. If I was her I’d have deleted my Twitter account when the play came out years ago. I don’t think any legal proceedings against her would come to anything due to diminished responsibility maybe?
I don't think she can delete it. She has both multiple phones and multiple email address and the account is years old... I reckon she's locked out of it. A rational thinking person would have deleted it if they had access, but I think if she did have access she'd have used it for attention (much like her FB account which is likely banned).

Reactions: 9
I'm not sure of diminished responsibility because even though I don't think she recognises her behaviour as problematic I think she has some level of awareness of what she is saying. I don't think she's a sane minded individual but I also don't think that protects her from responsibility of her vicious words and behaviour.

• Heart
I'm not sure of diminished responsibility because even though I don't think she recognises her behaviour as problematic I think she has some level of awareness of what she is saying. I don't think she's a sane minded individual but I also don't think that protects her from responsibility of her vicious words and behaviour.
I meant, that she is not Gadd‘s responsibility. She’s absolutely responsible for her own actions at the moment.

Reactions: 5
Did anyone hear the Radio 4 segment on Baby Reindeer: Fact or Fiction this evening? I saw it was on in the car but my partner didn't want to listen! Apparently Piers Morgan was on to talk about the interview with Fiona. Wondered if anything new was said.

Reactions: 3
I think it’s really difficult to say. I don’t think she recognises her behaviour as problematic but even with that, it’s not really ok to take advantage of that as PM did and even as it seems like RG has done to embellish things for Netflix (per his own admissions of elements not being factual, not her denials).

She has to be responsible for her own vicious words and behaviour but not for other people deciding that it’s then ok to lie about her just because “she’s a horrible person” nor for things like Piers thinking he’s got a massive gotcha just because he doesn’t understand the Scottish educational system - they need to take responsibility for that themselves.
---
Dont think I have seen this article shared yet.
It quotes Piers Morgans interview on Radio 4 I think
Like this whole argument. If she went to prison, she has to own that but if she didn’t, the responsibility is on Gadd and Netflix to explain the “this is a true story”.

Reactions: 6

I have only watched about half so far (it's really long), but it's very interesting! For those into a body language/analysis breakdown of the PM interview it's worth a watch - from what I've seen so far :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think it’s really difficult to say. I don’t think she recognises her behaviour as problematic but even with that, it’s not really ok to take advantage of that as PM did and even as it seems like RG has done to embellish things for Netflix (per his own admissions of elements not being factual, not her denials).

She has to be responsible for her own vicious words and behaviour but not for other people deciding that it’s then ok to lie about her just because “she’s a horrible person” nor for things like Piers thinking he’s got a massive gotcha just because he doesn’t understand the Scottish educational system - they need to take responsibility for that themselves.
---

Like this whole argument. If she went to prison, she has to own that but if she didn’t, the responsibility is on Gadd and Netflix to explain the “this is a true story”.
I totally agree with you. At the time I posted that I thought it was exploitative of the media to be using this story and her as entertainment. I was merely responding to someone who responded to me when I asked if she was radio silent because she could be getting legal advice and I also asked if her recent posts could go against her. Someone then responded she could use diminished responsibility regarding her posts and that's when I posted that I'm not sure if diminished responsibility would stand because I believe her to have a level of awareness although I don't believe she knows how problematic her behaviour is and due to having that awareness she takes responsibility meaning I don't think she could use diminished responsibility as a legal defence. Outside of that everyone else is responsible for their own. It's tragic to dramatise an already really traumatic experience and I do wonder if the SA by Martha in BR was a representation of how he was feeling or it really happened and if it didn't really happen its strange and wrong to include it within the show.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think she would try DR. You need a psych evaluation and expert report as the burden of proof is on the defendant to prove DR, she doesn’t think she is mentally ill and even if someone told her she was I get the feeling she wouldn’t be happy with that being used even to defend her in court.
Interesting she is now saying she won’t comment on any legal proceedings. On the face of it, sensible, as doing so would be contempt of court (if there is actually anything ongoing). But also rather convenient as if she is advised it’s a non starter, we will just never hear about it again.
---
Dont think I have seen this article shared yet.
It quotes Piers Morgans interview on Radio 4 I think
Why am I laughing so much that Piers really wanted us to know they paid for her haircut

Last edited:
  • Haha
One more thing. I think I've just realised what "wee green spot on his face" means. I think it means he had a bogey on his face. That's been bugging me for days!
I woulda just thought it was pimple.eeady ro burst. I didnt think wS anything hidden behind it she ment henhad a spot 🤷‍♀️ nothing more
---
She def has awareness, when asked about the other men, indont go out with young men with no jobs, instantly she realised that was rude and the other lads didn't do nout to her.. you could she literally instantly and she half ass corrected herself oh no that was crude or something she said , she's much more aware then lot people are believing. And the more interviews she does the more will start to spot that she's sick yes but not as sick as some would like to believe.
---
I woulda just thought it was pimple ready to burst. I didnt think was anything hidden behind it she ment he had a spot 🤷‍♀️ nothing more
---

She def has awareness, when asked about the other men, i dont go out with young men with no jobs, instantly she realised that was rude and the other lads didn't do nout to her.. you could she literally instantly and she half ass corrected herself oh no that was crude or something she said , she's much more aware then lot people are believing. And the more interviews see does the more will start to spot that she's sick yes but not as sick as some would like to believe.

Typos 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.