Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Yes, the original blog post where she wrote about Fiona was 2021 https://heatherburns.tech/2021/08/01/on-data-immigration-life/
I've been in that situation working at a place like that. Years ago I went to a local psychiatric hospital to work as a temp. Luckily I didn't have to meet any of the clients in person but they used to phone me to make appointments with the psychiatrist and demand drugs. Everyday there would be someone crying on the phone or screaming that their meds were running out.

I wonder what she was being treated for 🤔

Reactions: 3

50sGirl

VIP Member
I thought she had just changed her surname but it looks like she changed her middle name too. 🤔

• Wow

BingoFlamingo

VIP Member
This is interesting: A person can only be compensated for injury to the reputation they had at the time of publication. If that person already had a bad reputation which is relevant to the defamation, that will reduce the harm, and reduce the damages, sometimes to zero
BIB: Lawrence fox being a good example of this in UK courts a couple of years ago

• Heart

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
Its very well documented that he was bisexual, took drugs and had a very diverse sex life prior to meeting Kate.

evoway13

VIP Member
Gadd never named her. She willingly put herself forward as the inspiration for Martha by plastering it all over social media. She told Peirs Morgan that she unwittingly wrote half the show and came up with the name for it. She NEVER needed to go on a television interview and out herself lol. No-one would have even suspected her if she wasn’t putting stuff out in writing all over the internet implicating herself in the whole thing. The only person who could legitimately be sued for defamation would be Fiona herself 😂

I suspect this is why she has hidden her FB, maybe on the advice of her ‘legal team’ 🙄
This!!! PLUS, she revealed her previous surname of 'Muir' - I don't think anyone knew that fact.

I'm also wondering if an 'interdict' in Scottish law can be classed (or mistaken for) a 'conviction'. Fiona waffled on about an interdict not being filed correctly but, it could've been filed correctly for all we know. If you don't abide by an interdict, you can get locked up as punishment.

CaptainHolt

It is very difficult and usually only successful when you're a celebrity or large business owner etc. It's not enough that someones lies about you - you have to show you've lost something that gives rise to damages. In my opinion Fiona has not. She does not have work or a livelihood to lose. She is not a public figure who might lose work such as Johnny Depp. As has also been pointed out over and over again, neither Gadd nor Netflix have said Fiona is Martha, even now. Truth is a defence to defamation, anything about stalking I expect will be covered under that. People keep saying it's not enough that Netflix said 'it's a true story' with some other statement at the end - without being a media lawyer, I would really expect that the Netflix legal team either knows enough about media law to know they've sufficiently covered themselves, OR they have already built a realistic quantum settlement into the budget for the show, on the basis that this has all riled up a lot of attention for the platform.

The only other thing I would say is look carefully at who is saying they will take on Fiona's case or that she has a case. Look at what kind of work Chris Daw KC does, look at the fact Piers Morgan keeps asking American lawyers out of our jurisdiction to comment, look VERY carefully at how the statements from lawyers in this jurisdiction are framed - in my opinion, they all want the public to think she has a case, but if you read between the lines, it's a different story. Not helped by people going 'what about duty of care' (duty of care has limits, it doesn't apply to everyone you'd think it might and it has a strict test to determine where it does apply or not) and 'what about her reputation' (again means something different legally than you'd think).
Thank you, that's really informative and has helped my understanding.

doodlebug

VIP Member
well, if you’re trying to lobby for change, I can understand people constantly getting in touch with their MP’s’
What else is he meant to say though? He’s hardly going to throw her under the bus and concede she was harassing KS.

Reactions: 2

Square Peg

I don’t know if anyone had seen the BabyReindeer Reddit page… there’s a lot more coming out about Fiona.

The woman has caused untold problems for numerous people and seems to just get away with it. She deserves no sympathy, and any “lawyer” taking on her case wants looking at!
Can you SS any of it? 🙏😉

• Heart

Jas28

Chatty Member
there are thousands of people on the dole who are capable of working. My cousin has lived off it for over ten years because she is a cretin who knows how to play the system.
Also some people work full time and still qualify for benefits if their salary is below a certain amount

marymac19

VIP Member
Has gadd said anything about taking a legal case himself the guy who raped and assaulted him

That's quite damning

evoway13

VIP Member
Spent convictions won’t show up on a basic CRB check
They need the enhanced for the trial.......it looks to me like that is an old one that Fiona herself has produced. My daughter had to apply for one back in 2018 for college (as she was working with vulnerable adults) - hers is green - like this :
1718364866251.png

Having read through her court filing, what strikes me is that she is not denying or appealing any of the facts around sending him hundreds of emails and leaving voicemails and texts - i.e. stuff that he (hopefully) has all the receipts and documentation to prove. I think that this may undermine her defamation charges if that all comes out in the court room...
Unless I missed it I don't think there is mention to her allegedly attacking Terri?