Baby Names

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I made the same mistake as you and told people what I was considering naming one of my children. It was a family member and they were really quite rude about it. It put me off too. I didn't make the mistake of telling people with my other children.
My nan responded with 'well I'm not very impressed but it's not my choice' when I told her my sons name 🤣 he was 6 days old when we named him. She adores him, but she was caring for my grandad at that point so I blame stress for her response 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My nan responded with 'well I'm not very impressed but it's not my choice' when I told her my sons name 🤣 he was 6 days old when we named him. She adores him, but she was caring for my grandad at that point so I blame stress for her response 🤣
i had the same reaction from my late Nan. ‘What did you go and call him that for?!’ Hahaha she loved him none the less bless her 😂😂

Reactions: 1
i had the same reaction from my late Nan. ‘What did you go and call him that for?!’ Hahaha she loved him none the less bless her 😂😂
The name I've picked this time was brought up previously. I absolutely love it and my hubby has finally agreed that he likes it. My nan absolutely hates it 🤣🤣🤣 she doesn't know we've chosen it this time around, we've kept it quiet as I dont want opinions. My MIL was trying to get my kids to tell her the name but they didnt.

My partner and I are going to start trying soon, I’ve got so many names I like but a few I’m unsure if I would use as they’re either too popular or a bit too “out there” for me.

Blossom
Winnie
Ivy
Polly

Henry
Elliot
Albert
Percy
Franklin

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My partner and I are going to start trying soon, I’ve got so many names I like but a few I’m unsure if I would use as they’re either too popular or a bit too “out there” for me.

Blossom
Winnie
Ivy
Polly

Henry
Elliot
Albert
Percy
Franklin
Aw I love Winnie 😻

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Blossom
Winnie
Ivy
Polly

Henry
Elliot
Albert
Percy
Franklin
I wouldn’t call my child Winnie just because of the worry of constant Winnie the Pooh jokes and teasing obviously everyone has different taste in names just friendly advice

I love unusual names but not whacky. My children have first names which are more commonly surnames (not intentional). My middle boys name is becoming more popular now 🙄 and I'm having my third in a few weeks, we have a name and its unusual but not weird. I started working as a TA last year so that makes name choosing even harder as I associate a child with the name 🤣

My girls list however was:

Mabel
Spencer (wouldnt have it for a boy)
Olive
Meadow
Quinn
My out there name was Lavender - I think it's so pretty but too quirky for us to have used.
I love Spencer for a girl but it reminds me of the girl from Pretty Little Liars who I hate.
Quinn is also lovely for a girl!

I wouldn’t call my child Winnie just because of the worry of constant Winnie the Pooh jokes and teasing obviously everyone has different taste in names just friendly advice
Thats what my partner said too, I didn’t think of it like that but I know kids would! Probably one of the names that I really like but wouldn’t use to be safe.

I love unusual names but not whacky. My children have first names which are more commonly surnames (not intentional). My middle boys name is becoming more popular now 🙄 and I'm having my third in a few weeks, we have a name and its unusual but not weird. I started working as a TA last year so that makes name choosing even harder as I associate a child with the name 🤣

My girls list however was:

Mabel
Spencer (wouldnt have it for a boy)
Olive
Meadow
Quinn
My out there name was Lavender - I think it's so pretty but too quirky for us to have used.
I love unusual names too. Although only one of mine has a first name that is unusual. He has a really traditional middle name to make up for it though 😂.

For my second I thought I'd picked a name that wasn't that common but on the day I took him for his first injections there were four other babies of the same age with the same name!

My youngest's name wasn't that common when we chose it but it's everywhere now. He is the only one in his school though. I desperately wanted to call him Artemis but once I realised she was a godess not a god, I just couldn't do it.

I love old Cornish names. I had a girls name picked out from my early teens, after my grandmother... I had all boys 😂

Thats what my partner said too, I didn’t think of it like that but I know kids would! Probably one of the names that I really like but wouldn’t use to be safe.
I love the name Winnie too but I work with old people and a lot of them are originally winifred which I’m not keen on! Also, in the last year or two I’ve noticed a lot of people calling their dogs Winnie which has really put me off😂

I love very 'normal' names; Harry, Henry, William etc.

I have wanted Elsie as a girls name since I was a teen, but I am so annoyed at how popular it has become!

I love Spencer for a girl but it reminds me of the girl from Pretty Little Liars who I hate.
Quinn is also lovely for a girl!
That's definitely where I got Spencer from 🤣 it was a front runner (I'm having a boy though) but one thing that put me off was people seeing it written down and assuming it was a boy for their entire life.

My son and daughter in law are alking the talk at the moment and hopefully in a couple of years they will have a baby and I will be a nanny! We were talking about baby names one night and somehow we both came up with Olive, baby olive is now a feature of our conversations lol. As in you can do this with baby Olive or when you have baby Olive. If and when Baby Olive ever arrives I am sure it will be like Neil the Baby as in Gavin and Stacey, 10 years old and still baby Olive 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 5
My son and daughter in law are alking the talk at the moment and hopefully in a couple of years they will have a baby and I will be a nanny! We were talking about baby names one night and somehow we both came up with Olive, baby olive is now a feature of our conversations lol. As in you can do this with baby Olive or when you have baby Olive. If and when Baby Olive ever arrives I am sure it will be like Neil the Baby as in Gavin and Stacey, 10 years old and still baby Olive 😂😂😂😂
I love the name Olive so much. It was on my girls list.

There's a sixteen year old girl on TikTok who's called her daughter Mabel-Ocean-Mai (hyphenated, not 'Ocean' as a middle name!) and it makes me cringe a little bit. Mabel is gorgeous but Mabel Ocean?! Other potential names were Fox-Coast, Hunnie-Amethyst and Forest-Sailor apparently. :censored: I quite like 'out there' names but to me they just sound like the random usernames you get when you sign up to a website!

I don't have children but if I had a girl I'd name her Winona, and if I had a boy he'd be named James. I've always loved James. :) I really struggle with girls names though!

(I also want to call my cat Wanda, if that counts? lol!)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
There's a sixteen year old girl on TikTok who's called her daughter Mabel-Ocean-Mai (hyphenated, not 'Ocean' as a middle name!) and it makes me cringe a little bit. Mabel is gorgeous but Mabel Ocean?! Other potential names were Fox-Coast, Hunnie-Amethyst and Forest-Sailor apparently. :censored: I quite like 'out there' names but to me they just sound like the random usernames you get when you sign up to a website!

I don't have children but if I had a girl I'd name her Winona, and if I had a boy he'd be named James. I've always loved James. :) I really struggle with girls names though!

(I also want to call my cat Wanda, if that counts? lol!)
Haha ye it kinda of does sound like such a random name combination she’s got 2 threads on here as well she’s quite controversial

A lot of people were rude about my sons name (Beau) when I was pregnant with him and even when he was born, my mum made it clear she didn't like it..i almost didn't use it because of people's reactions but so glad I did now as I love it and he suits it. Im due to have a girl in a few weeks and really struggling with a name, having previously had 3 boys.
I love the name Beau!!

My little boy is 2 weeks old now. He's got a nice, traditional, strong name which was popular late 80s/early 90s that isn't as common anymore (back end of top 100).

We struggled to pick any boys names we liked. We had Nathan on our list for a while but didn't like Nate as a nickname.

My all time favourite girls name is Josephine (Josie). I also like Elizabeth, I like that it is a nice name om it's own but I also like Liz and Betty. My husband thinks it would be cute/funny to have a baby Betty.

I really like Jesse for a boy and Elliot for a girl (like on Scrubs) but I'd never be brave enough to go for it. I couldn't put up with the comments about the name being for the other gender.

Last edited: