Baby Names

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In my job I have contact with how can I put it ... less respectable members of society! And it’s put me off so many names I loved Rueben until I met a Reuben that was a little :poop:

Reactions: 1
Stab in the dark; are you a fellow Scot?! Some gorgeous names there. Love Ruaraidh snd Struan (have only ever met one man named Struan but I loved saying it!)
Haha well hello there fellow Scot!🖐 I absolutely loved Struan and we really considered it for #4, but with already having our eldest who’s nickname is Ru, we decided ‘Stru’ was probably a bit close and went for Caelan instead.

Haha well hello there fellow Scot!🖐 I absolutely loved Struan and we really considered it for #4, but with already having our eldest who’s nickname is Ru, we decided ‘Stru’ was probably a bit close and went for Caelan instead.
I would have loved to call one of mine Rúaidhrí but I say my R's a bit soft so it's not one for me lol.
It was the name of an actor in a film I loved years ago (Clockwork Mice).
I made up for it by adding Hamish in there as a nod to my Scottish heritage.

Reactions: 2
My little boy is 2 weeks old now. He's got a nice, traditional, strong name which was popular late 80s/early 90s that isn't as common anymore (back end of top 100).

We struggled to pick any boys names we liked. We had Nathan on our list for a while but didn't like Nate as a nickname.

My all time favourite girls name is Josephine (Josie). I also like Elizabeth, I like that it is a nice name om it's own but I also like Liz and Betty. My husband thinks it would be cute/funny to have a baby Betty.

I really like Jesse for a boy and Elliot for a girl (like on Scrubs) but I'd never be brave enough to go for it. I couldn't put up with the comments about the name being for the other gender.
I was a nanny to a Betty (Elizabeth Scarlett) and a Violet Minerva

My grandfather who eventually became estranged, refused to call me the name my mother and father both loved (and is my name) as it’s a ridiculous rockstar’ Name. So would call me Charlotte just to annoy my parents. Ever since anyone there accidentally calls me it really triggers me 😂and it’s almost a weekly occurrence.

I like short pretty names and ones that arent popular, I have 3 girls but always been stuck on boys names. I dont mean to offend anyone, I do like the names but my daughter will be in school with so many children named Evie, Ava, Olivia, logan, harrison and carter

I love thinking of names I don’t have kids and I’m not even sure I want them but I do think about what I’d call them if I did! (Or maybe I can use the names for my future cats?) haha.

My lists keep changing though as I’ll have a favourite name and then something will ruin it for me or someone I know will use it!

Girls:
Edith (Edie)
Willow
Amelie
Violet
Delilah
Margot
Emmeline
Mabel
Alice
Lilac (not sure that’s a name, maybe Lila instead!)
Sophia
Polly

Boys (not as many here):
Luca
Sebastian
Oscar
Arthur
Wynn
Wilfred
Ezra
Rupert
Caspar
Hugo

My daughters got a friend called iris. Lovley name but when ever I type it on my phone it auto corrects to ISIS 😬
Iris is the only girl name me and the husband agree on and I’m hoping it doesn’t become popular before we get pregnant 😭😭😭

Iris is the only girl name me and the husband agree on and I’m hoping it doesn’t become popular before we get pregnant 😭😭😭
It's a lovley name. We only know one iris. Shes 6 now. Both of my daughters names wasnt popular when we named them but they are both in the top 100. 🤔

I love Ellerie or Lyla for a girl. Leaning more towards Ellerie purely on the fact that Lyla is too close to someone else in the family’s name. I like Jonah for a boy.

I have boy girl twins who are 8 now.

Original name I'd chosen for a girl was paige but absolutely no one liked it 😥 so we decided on rosie. Original name I'd chosen for a boy was Tommy but my father in law passed away while I was pregnant and hes name was Joseph so we decided to name him after grandad. Both have two middle names each all named after family members. Love both their names and they really suit them 😊

I love the name Caiomhe (keeva) and love the spelling but would feel terrible for my daughter growing up having to learn how to spell it - and then not even having it spelled how its pronounced!

For a girl I like the name Tara and for a boy I like the name Hunter there’s a few others that I like to,but they would deffo be my first choice if I was to get pregnant soon

For a girl I like the name Tara and for a boy I like the name Hunter there’s a few others that I like to,but they would deffo be my first choice if I was to get pregnant soon
Hunter used to be my favourite and top boy name but it’s sooooo popular now!! When I found it - 9 years ago - I had never heard of it!!

Reactions: 2