Baby Names

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My names picked out are Thea (I love Greek mythology, and i recently Lost my beloved dog named Thea)
And Kingsley which was my fathers middle name, he died really young and it’s a bit of a family name.
I like names to have some kind of meaning.

Reactions: 2
I’m Scottish so I am partial to a Scottish name. I also really like Irish names because they have a similar feel.

In terms of style I like names that aren’t crazy and unheard of but also not overly popular which is a difficult balance 🤪

Top Girls:
Alba - If I had a baby girl today, this would be her name - Alba is the Scottish Gaelic name for Scotland.
Alisa - Scottish again. There is a tiny Scottish Island called Alisa Craig. I’d be worried people would assume her name is Elsa though, as in Frozen 🙄. I think in some accents they would pronounce them the same where as with a Scottish accent there is a clear difference between the A and the E sound.
Onna
Aoife
Juliette
Violet
Nora
Heidi
Esmee

Top Boys:
Ruadhan (Roo-awn) - I’ve known girls with this name but I prefer it for a boy.
Ruairidh (Roo-uh-ree)
Ioan (yoan)
Auden
Fionn
Nicholas
Jesse
Joseph
Finton - Nickname Fin
Phineas - Again nick name Fin (Phin) but not sure I’d have the balls to use it 😂

Also kinda love the name Fletcher for some reason but not sure where that would fit with my other names. Nickname Fletch, haha it’s so cute!

Has anyone come onto the name Connell? I definitely have 🙈

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I find girls names much easier than boys.

Emma
Olivia
Amelia
Charlotte
Freya
Esther
Francesca
Bella
Alexandra
Hannah
Hallie

Jude
Jack
Oliver
Thomas
Jesse

I love thinking of baby names! I always love a bunch of names and then end up hating them a few months later so I think I would struggle to name a baby 😂

these are some names I like:
Josephine
Emilia
Emily
Violet
Clara
Clementine
Rosie
Elsie
Francesca
Alice

Jack
George
William
Henry
Theo
Jude
Alexander

they are all quite normal 😂

Reactions: 1
I'm not gonna have kids in a long, long time, but I've already chosen their names! Maël for a boy a Eleanor for a girl.

me and hubs are team yellow (first baby) but really struggling with names!
trying to find the balance between not having every kid in the class with the same name but at the same time not so unique like elon musks poor kid

I love the name’s
•meadow
•harper
•brielle
•savannah
•emersyn

I don’t think I will ever use the name meadow I think it’s a beautiful name but maybe a bit out there

I absolutely adore the name Aurora. I think it’s one of the most beautiful names I’ve ever heard!

• Heart
I’ve got an 11 month old called Francesca which isn’t out there but can never find anything personalised. Other names considered were :
Minnie
Grace
Olivia
Savannah
or she would of be Sebastian for a boy only boy name we both liked

I liked the names Joshua, Sebastian and Solomon for a boy while I was pregnant with my son. I gave him the name Joshua as a middle name and I’m glad as he went to school with about 5 Joshua/Josh’s. I don’t want to write his name here as I like to stay anonymous on here, I’ve only come across his name one other time as a minor role in a book. The book did well at one point and I was scared there would be loads of other boys with that name😂

Boys names I like now are
Roan
Cassius
Atticus
Chester
Elliot
Elias
Jebediah
Jensen

Girls names are
Arriella
Vada
Sofia
Sierra
Tilly
Rosalee

• Heart
I thought of some baby names last year and told my friend (Lola for a girl and Noah for a boy), she gave birth in Jan, looked at her baby and said 'She's a Lola' :LOL: and to be fair, it really does suit her!

Girls:
Merryn
Ruby
Mabel

Boys:
Noah
Reuben (although I met someone with that name recently who was awful!)
Ryan

I have 4 lads.

Dylan-Sean (HATE double barrel names and my son hates it too, he has only ever gone by Dylan but this was his dads choice)

Charlie (suits him, my choice)

Nicky (not unusual but far from common on a little boy)

Kingsley (I liked American names and adored this one when I scouted a list - quite unusual, however a mum on the maternity ward did not have a boys name she liked and walked away also calling her baby Kingsley!)

Other boys names I had in mind were Cameron, Brooklyn, Blake, Marley and Jamie. (Yes I am quite Chavvy)

Girls names:
Peggy
Marley
Shiloh
Winter

I have 4 lads.

Dylan-Sean (HATE double barrel names and my son hates it too, he has only ever gone by Dylan but this was his dads choice)

Charlie (suits him, my choice)

Nicky (not unusual but far from common on a little boy)

Kingsley (I liked American names and adored this one when I scouted a list - quite unusual, however a mum on the maternity ward did not have a boys name she liked and walked away also calling her baby Kingsley!)

Other boys names I had in mind were Cameron, Brooklyn, Blake, Marley and Jamie. (Yes I am quite Chavvy)

Girls names:
Peggy
Marley
Shiloh
Winter
Kingsley is a really old English name it’s been a family name for years. And the only name I have picked out for a boy :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My daughter is called Orla-May . Never heard any other girls called it. Danielle from towie has now named her daughter Orla-Mae . X