Baby Names

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really dislike overly common names. At school there were x 3 Aaronā€™s in my class! i donā€™t like really odd names either thoughšŸ˜‚
at the moment for a girl I like Winnie.

Reactions: 1
My daughters name has been mentioned quite a few times but funny enough we can never buy anything personalised for her. My sons name hasnā€™t been mentioned but is top 50.

Boys names I like - Euan, Ezra, Charlie, Theo.

Girls names I like - Eva, Willow.

So Iā€™ve been ā€œintoā€ names for a long time, probably since I had a baby name book for using when I played the Sims!!! šŸ¤Ŗ.
I love a mix of Celtic and traditional names as they represent our families and backgrounds.

Girls names: Phoebe, Penelope, Seren, Esther, Violet, Elizabeth, Eleanor, Maeve, Blythe, Rhiannon

Roisin is my favourite girls name - Husband says absolutely not, not even as a middle name šŸ˜­

I also really love the Breton name MaĆÆwenn but I think it is probably a bit too out there and unfair to give a kid in northern England lol

Boys names: Patrick, Alexander, Alistair, Angus, Ioan, Thomas, George, Dylan, Ciaran, Ronan

I can't buy anything personalised over here for my boys; Evan, Taylor and Simon. My daughter's name ended up being the most popular girls name in Ireland for a few years, so buying personalised stuff for her is easy. Her name's Chloe.

My favourite boys name was always Tristan. I loved it from the moment I saw Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall. So thatā€™s what we called our boy. It really suits him and I think itā€™s unusual without being weird.

Girls names we struggled with more simply because we had more choice as there were lots I liked. He would have been Erin by the time he was actually born. But I loved Iris, Nancy, Amelia and Bonnie.

I can't buy anything personalised over here for my boys; Evan, Taylor and Simon. My daughter's name ended up being the most popular girls name in Ireland for a few years, so buying personalised stuff for her is easy. Her name's Chloe.
you canā€™t find anything with ā€˜Simonā€™ on it??

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Simon isn't a very well known name in Ireland, so if I want something personalised for him, I get it online.

• Wow
I've always loved researching different names, had a list of boys, girls and neutral names for years and now I finally have a little 6 month old boy called Bodhi Wilder and I'm so in love with his name!

Other boys names I like are:
Caspian
Peregrine
Jasper
Indigo
Ezra
Atticus
Fox

Girls names I like are:
Aurelia
Ophelia
Indie/Indira/India
Ingrid
Lorelei
Effie
Evangeline
Athena

• Heart
Iā€™m not currently pregnant or planning a pregnancy. But my boy name I have picked out was my fathers middle name and something of a family name and my girl name is oddly some may think my dog who I sadly lost last year. She meant the world to me and my mother named her and itā€™s actually a lovely name.

General principles
Like: traditional, easy to spell, can't be easily shortened.
Dislike: made up sounding, strange spellings just for the sake of being different, double-barrelled

Boys
Like:
Liam
Adam
Joel
Jude
(My sons name is in this list)

Dislike:
Finley (have taught 7 of them and they've all been horrible šŸ™ˆ)

Girls
Like:
Erin
Emma
Eilidh
(Dunno why they all start with E!)

Dislike:
Isla (waaaaay too common where I live)
Anything 'floral' e.g. daisy, poppy, lily, holly
anything really 'cutesy' e.g. evie, maisie

As you can see I'm quite picky!!! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Weā€™ve got:

Ruaraidh James
Lachlan Andrew
Ayla Grace
Caelan Isaac

All middle names were family names.

Also loved:
Isla (too popular)
Harris (too popular)
Struan
Mirren
Imogen
Innes

Iā€™m not currently pregnant or planning a pregnancy. But my boy name I have picked out was my fathers middle name and something of a family name and my girl name is oddly some may think my dog who I sadly lost last year. She meant the world to me and my mother named her and itā€™s actually a lovely name.
I don't think it's weird at all, dogs are angels and if you want to use the name, go for it, i think it's a lovely idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 3