Australian Influencers #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Huge eye roll. I bet it’s not the last ad for the year either. She told us December would be quiet 🥴

I hope they’ve somehow fucked up. I wonder if they went and got PCR tests for everyone yet.
I'm getting the feeling they haven't fully complied with all the requirements..

"Travelling from interstate hotspots
Anyone who's been in a hotspot, including somewhere in the border zone, in the past 14 days can enter Queensland by air, road, rail or sea without needing to quarantine — if they meet the following criteria:

You must be fully vaccinated and have evidence of your vaccination status, or proof of an exemption.
Have a negative COVID-19 PCR test in the 72 hours before travelling to Queensland and show evidence of it on your arrival into Queensland.
Get a COVID-19 PCR test on day 5 after your arrival into Queensland — if it’s not practical to get tested on day 5, you can get tested on day 4 or as soon as you can after day 5
."

I think the children also have to be tested. I also think you have to pay for the PCR tests if it's for travel purposes - ie you don't have any symptoms. Is that about $150 x 5 people today and another $150 x 5 people in 5 days - $1,500!

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Anyone who's been in a hotspot, including somewhere in the border zone, in the past 14 days can enter Queensland by air, road, rail or sea without needing to quarantine — if they meet the following criteria:

You must be fully vaccinated and have evidence of your vaccination status, or proof of an exemption.
Have a negative COVID-19 PCR test in the 72 hours before travelling to Queensland and show evidence of it on your arrival into Queensland.
Get a COVID-19 PCR test on day 5 after your arrival into Queensland — if it’s not practical to get tested on day 5, you can get tested on day 4 or as soon as you can after day 5
."

I think the children also have to be tested. I also think you have to pay for the PCR tests if it's for travel purposes - ie you don't have any symptoms. Is that about $150 x 5 people today and another $150 x 5 people in 5 days - $1,500!
Fingers crossed 😂 I guess at worst they’ll just be delayed.

What a crappy gift. “Here’s some crap I didn’t want”. She makes it sound like it’s something they do often, and not their “we desperately need engagement so please comment on this post” requests. Kyree’s care packages look amazing, this is laughable. Didn’t even front up any of her own money for some chocolates or something?

Attachments

Reactions: 9

."

Wow, $150?! You can’t just get one of those regular tests at covid clinic?

Reactions: 2
Wow, $150?! You can’t just get one of those regular tests at covid clinic?
I think a pre-travel covid certificate is different to the regular certificate where you have tested because of symptoms. So you can't just show a negative covid test text on your phone. Maybe that's where the Kearns have slipped up... I have to admit it is confusing but when you're taking 3 kids interstate, invest some time in working it our Sarah!

Last edited:

What a crappy gift. “Here’s some crap I didn’t want”. She makes it sound like it’s something they do often, and not their “we desperately need engagement so please comment on this post” requests. Kyree’s care packages look amazing, this is laughable. Didn’t even front up any of her own money for some chocolates or something?
The not so Mumsy gifting was amazing too. Obviously Sarah’s followers would be stocked with this but if you’re gonna copy other people’s ideas at least do it better.

Truly awful what happened to Carly Findlay at the petrol station but sometimes kids are going to say unfortunate things and diversification of your social media ain’t going to change that. She really does expect the works of people and get no real acknowledgment of advertising salvos.
My Children don’t look at my social media. I go on it while they sleep and I’m too tired to move or while I ignore them slightly at the playground. We have books on different faces and talk about differences and skin etc but if my three year old sees something she finds interesting or scary she will say something. While you try and educate them in the moment it’s sometimes best to find a quieter time when you have their attention. I get that she is trying to facilitate change though. Also I have never had an interaction with a stranger at the petrol station that has lasted that long 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
They don’t need to pay for tests, it’s just done at the normal free clinics. QLD were trying to charge people arriving into the state but there was huge backlash so they have advised that the tests are still free.
However to be allowed entry into QLD anyone over 16 also needs to be double vaxxed, with the second dose being administered more than 1 week prior to arrival.

They don’t need to pay for tests, it’s just done at the normal free clinics. QLD were trying to charge people arriving into the state but there was huge backlash so they have advised that the tests are still free.
However to be allowed entry into QLD anyone over 16 also needs to be double vaxxed, with the second dose being more than 1 week prior to arrival.
I’m not sure about Brad, but Sarah has been double vaxxed for a while. I assume Brad has been too. I reckon they haven’t done the tests and are worried they won’t come back in time now. Maybe it’s wishful thinking 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m not sure about Brad, but Sarah has been double vaxxed for a while. I assume Brad has been too. I reckon they haven’t done the tests and are worried they won’t come back in time now. Maybe it’s wishful thinking 😅
I would assume Brad is double vaxxed, pretty sure the places they went to and ate at on the weekend would have required that.

Im not the only one who secretly hopes something will go wrong? 😂

Also she’s now deleted the post asking if anyone from nsw has crossed the boarder

And duck me dead 💀

Has anyone seen her latest post where she shows all the gifts for the kids that need to be wrapped, when she made a big song and dance about them not getting much since they are going to QLD

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Holyyyy tit. So much stuff. Wtf. Also, my toddler has one of those skateboards she got Ted and it’s really ruined it for me 🤣. It’s another $200ish, on top of the switch…and everything else?! Can’t even see it in the photo, so I don’t think this is everything. So. Much. Stuff. It’s like she dumped out the contents of their entire playroom.

Didn’t Finn just get a skateboard and it’s what he’s been using for lessons? I guess he’s had it five minutes, time for a new one.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Holyyyy tit. So much stuff. Wtf. Also, my toddler has one of those skateboards she got Ted and it’s really ruined it for me 🤣. It’s another $200ish, on top of the switch…and everything else?! Can’t even see it in the photo, so I don’t think this is everything. So. Much. Stuff. It’s like she dumped out the contents of their entire playroom.

Didn’t Finn just get a skateboard and it’s what he’s been using for lessons? I guess he’s had it five minutes, time for a new one.
So. Much. Stuff.

I actually used to like this couple when I first started to follow them a few years ago…

How will these kids ever appreciate anything in life… also how will the hide this mountain of gifts from “Santa” my 5 year old would recognise the wrapping paper If he saw it so I’m sure her older kids will too.

Reactions: 7
My Children don’t look at my social media. I go on it while they sleep and I’m too tired to move or while I ignore them slightly at the playground. We have books on different faces and talk about differences and skin etc but if my three year old sees something she finds interesting or scary she will say something. While you try and educate them in the moment it’s sometimes best to find a quieter time when you have their attention. I get that she is trying to facilitate change though. Also I have never had an interaction with a stranger at the petrol station that has lasted that long 😂
[/QUOTE]

Carly's mission in life seems to be a mix of education, calling out "inappropriate" behaviour and blinding me with her awful fashion. Her response to the Salvo's post shows the standards she expects of others don't apply to her.
She has some of my sympathy because that interaction would have been awful, but I'm sure victims of the Salvo's would have been triggered by her post and poor response.

Reactions: 10

This makes me feel slightly better about what I thought was “spoiling” my kids. Jesus! Overkill or what!!? All those gifts that won’t even be used because they’ll just be on screens 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This makes me feel slightly better about what I thought was “spoiling” my kids. Jesus! Overkill or what!!? All those gifts that won’t even be used because they’ll just be on screens 🤣
I was actually thinking the same… I thought I was spoiling my two but my pile looks far more modest compared to hers 😂

Reactions: 1
As a parent and teacher it’s never ok to publicly “call out” a parent like Carly did..in front of the children too. She could have responded in many different ways, such as calmly explaining that she has skin that is a bit different to other people- no need to be scared or by just completely ignoring the situation and allowing the parent to parent…
I try very hard to teach my children to be anti racist, anti classist, accepting, kind etc etc but at the end of the day, my 4 year old is never going to be super worldly- the other day she pointed at a man in a wheel chair and asked him what happened to him. He very kindly did not take offence and explained he very sadly lost his leg in a car accident and reminded her to wear her seat belt. Carly has an insane victim and warrior complex and is now taking on children? And parents…when she isn’t one her self either. I think she needs to practice some mindfulness or something 🤣
Yes exactly this, it's the "forever a victim" complex she seems to have given herself that I just can't stand about her. My three year old doesn't sit around scrolling my Instagram feed, I won't let her. I purposely avoid social media unless she's out of the house or asleep, because why on earth would a 3y-o need to be looking at Instagram?!
I can teach her good values and morals, and to be kind to everyone she meets as much as I want, but at the end of the day, she's a toddler, so if she sees something she's inquisitive about, she may loudly, and without a filter question it.
So many people in her comments (which have been limited) blaming the parents. It's not their fault, just let them parent their damn kids without jumping on them and shaming them in front of them because they said something you didn't like.

Reactions: 10

I know! Sometimes I’m so tempted to follow Kyree just to get a care package 🤭

• Wow
  • Haha
Truly awful what happened to Carly Findlay at the petrol station but sometimes kids are going to say unfortunate things and diversification of your social media ain’t going to change that. She really does expect the works of people and get no real acknowledgment of advertising salvos.
So I just read her post, and whilst I totally empathise with how upsetting the incident must have been for her, I also don’t think her ‘call to action’ is really ‘it’. I think it doesn’t matter how much exposure they get to diversity of appearance and body etc, small children are still small children and are gonna say inappropriate things.
For eg, I don’t think any Aussie kid is unused to seeing fat people, we even had fat family members but nonetheless my little brother would get in trouble sometimes for going up to strangers of size and saying “why are you fat?” or the like.
I have a (mild) facial difference and my kid, who has obviously grown up around it, isn’t inured from making awkward comments to other people.
It’s just how kids are. I’m not sure that shaming parents is the answer here Carly

Reactions: 14
Yes exactly this, it's the "forever a victim" complex she seems to have given herself that I just can't stand about her. My three year old doesn't sit around scrolling my Instagram feed, I won't let her. I purposely avoid social media unless she's out of the house or asleep, because why on earth would a 3y-o need to be looking at Instagram?!
I can teach her good values and morals, and to be kind to everyone she meets as much as I want, but at the end of the day, she's a toddler, so if she sees something she's inquisitive about, she may loudly, and without a filter question it.
So many people in her comments (which have been limited) blaming the parents. It's not their fault, just let them parent their damn kids without jumping on them and shaming them in front of them because they said something you didn't like.
Lets also not forget that she’s made the assumption that these children are neurotypical. My colleague is the parent of a child with autism, he has no filter. She is constantly fearful of the retaliation her son may suffer for saying the wrong thing to the wrong person. Hopefully he and Carly never cross paths!

Most people are doing their best. I understand that Carly has had a lot to contend with, but you would think those experiences would have cultivated some compassion and perspective.

Her retelling of this encounter would suggest this is not the case.

The real offence here is taking a paid promotion from an organisation KNOWN for abusing society’s most vulnerable people. The patronising non-apology was the coup de grace.

Carly needs to acquire some self-awareness, and come to terms with the fact that she’s likely not the most astute, well-dressed woman in Melbourne.

Reactions: 25

Holy hell, that's absolutely ridiculous 😳 so much stuff.

Lets also not forget that she’s made the assumption that these children are neurotypical. My colleague is the parent of a child with autism, he has no filter. She is constantly fearful of the retaliation her son may suffer for saying the wrong thing to the wrong person. Hopefully he and Carly never cross paths!

Most people are doing their best. I understand that Carly has had a lot to contend with, but you would think those experiences would have cultivated some compassion and perspective.

Her retelling of this encounter would suggest this is not the case.

The real offence here is taking a paid promotion from an organisation KNOWN for abusing society’s most vulnerable people. The patronising non-apology was the coup de grace.

Carly needs to acquire some self-awareness, and come to terms with the fact that she’s likely not the most astute, well-dressed woman in Melbourne.
Oh my gosh you make such a good point there! You’re right, she is totally assuming these kids are neurotypical and that assumption is in and of itself somewhat ableist- bit off brand then Carly, hey!?

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.