Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

savefloss

VIP Member
Yes, agree that it’s horrible. But no matter how good our parenting, kids are kids and will say the wrong thing sometimes. Maybe the mother will speak to them later and next time they’ll do better. She doesn’t know their life or how they’ve been raised. We try to do all the “right” things, but my kids will still comment on something if it’s out of the norm for them. Books and social media aren’t the same as seeing something in real life.
As a parent and teacher it’s never ok to publicly “call out” a parent like Carly did..in front of the children too. She could have responded in many different ways, such as calmly explaining that she has skin that is a bit different to other people- no need to be scared or by just completely ignoring the situation and allowing the parent to parent…
I try very hard to teach my children to be anti racist, anti classist, accepting, kind etc etc but at the end of the day, my 4 year old is never going to be super worldly- the other day she pointed at a man in a wheel chair and asked him what happened to him. He very kindly did not take offence and explained he very sadly lost his leg in a car accident and reminded her to wear her seat belt. Carly has an insane victim and warrior complex and is now taking on children? And parents…when she isn’t one her self either. I think she needs to practice some mindfulness or something 🤣

Reactions: 38

So many of you have asked

Cue outrage! Clementine and her rabid fan girls are a joke. I nearly spat out my breakfast when I saw she’d written a book about love 😂 I get the feeling she‘s an awful person IRL, although I’d like to be proven wrong.
I don’t know Clem personally but I did hear her speak a few years back and she came across as really warm, why shouldn’t she write about love? she’s a passionate woman and the book isn’t a how-to guide, it’s a memoir. Yes from time-to-time she crosses the line but I still think the good she does and the research/facts she presents far outweigh her faux pas’s

• Heart
Reactions: 37

aussieanonforlyf

Chatty Member
You know what? I’ve just had enough of the child exploitation full stop. You are literally using your children’s embarrassing stories to make money. That is such a hideous concept. It is so so cruel. Most of them happy to cry about trolls and mental health etc - YOU ARE PURPOSELY EMBRASSING YOUR CHILDREN IN FRONT OF TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN A FORMAT THAT IS FOREVER. Like when they start school, get a girlfriend, get a job. There are those who show some cute pictures of their kids, sometimes get them showing products etc. Sure. That seems low risk. But the others - they are truly terrible terrible selfish people who only care about themselves.

sorry for rant. I am just so over it.

Reactions: 33

KmartByron

Chatty Member
not WK for Clem, but I think she also said how she upset that wishing Covid on Djokervich was her first reaction. i think it’s a visceral response to a situation - I can concur that I have also had those thoughts about certain people at certain times - my mental health is shot to shit rn

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Her platform started out as a place for resources/solidarity for single mothers, hence the ‘smilf’. That’s why I originally followed her. I think the callouts started later. And ended up taking away from the original purpose

Yes because there couldn’t *possibly* be more than one person on the entire internet who might take issue with fatphobia… riiiight
Could you at least TRY and not make us all consistently think you’re her?

• Haha
Reactions: 25

SilentRunners

Yes exactly this, it's the "forever a victim" complex she seems to have given herself that I just can't stand about her. My three year old doesn't sit around scrolling my Instagram feed, I won't let her. I purposely avoid social media unless she's out of the house or asleep, because why on earth would a 3y-o need to be looking at Instagram?!
I can teach her good values and morals, and to be kind to everyone she meets as much as I want, but at the end of the day, she's a toddler, so if she sees something she's inquisitive about, she may loudly, and without a filter question it.
So many people in her comments (which have been limited) blaming the parents. It's not their fault, just let them parent their damn kids without jumping on them and shaming them in front of them because they said something you didn't like.
Lets also not forget that she’s made the assumption that these children are neurotypical. My colleague is the parent of a child with autism, he has no filter. She is constantly fearful of the retaliation her son may suffer for saying the wrong thing to the wrong person. Hopefully he and Carly never cross paths!

Most people are doing their best. I understand that Carly has had a lot to contend with, but you would think those experiences would have cultivated some compassion and perspective.

Her retelling of this encounter would suggest this is not the case.

The real offence here is taking a paid promotion from an organisation KNOWN for abusing society’s most vulnerable people. The patronising non-apology was the coup de grace.

Carly needs to acquire some self-awareness, and come to terms with the fact that she’s likely not the most astute, well-dressed woman in Melbourne.

horseteeth

Chatty Member
Anyone else think it’s ironic that Mia Plecic left Australia because of our horrible, horrible Covid laws and is now stuck in lockdown overseas? 🙊

• Haha

throwawayorwillistay

Chatty Member
Does anyone actually it when like Celeste Barber’s challenges when she reposts doing the same as celebs or influencers do in their photos?
Personally, no. She may have been considered funny at first, but now I find that her behaviour borders on bullying particularly when she targets celebs that have made it clear that they don’t appreciate it. That recent post she did about Emrata was in poor taste, and she continues to target her, even though Emily has blocked her. Making fun of a s*xual assault victim for wanting to reclaim her body as her own, is not ok. And she didn’t address any of the backlash she got - it was as though she didn’t see any harm in what she did which is just arrogant.

Her “recreations” are done under the guise of “body positivity” but why are these women open slather just because they are thin & beautiful (by society’s standards)? Just because they are models or actresses doesn’t mean that they haven’t worked their absolute backsides off to get where they are, or haven’t overcome adversity. Why shouldn’t they be taken seriously? Not only that, I feel like she is also demonstrating that women with larger bodies, can’t be seen as sensual, they can only be viewed as funny or awkward.

Anyway. Rant over 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 24

therealsmilf

VIP Member
not WK for Clem, but I think she also said how she upset that wishing Covid on Djokervich was her first reaction. i think it’s a visceral response to a situation - I can concur that I have also had those thoughts about certain people at certain times - my mental health is shot to shit rn
I agree - she has posted it to her page now, but she explains very eloquently why she had that initial response. Personally I think giving him an exemption was so unreasonable given everything Melbourne has been through. I am glad he's since been rejected.

I like Clem, she is passionate and intelligent, sometimes she can push it a bit far but she has far more to offer than most of the Australian influencers. Plus the things she gets angry about are relevant and relatable imo. Unlike others complaining their holiday might be cancelled, or they dont have a dog-minder, as an example

Reactions: 23
So do we think House of White has tested positive to COVID and is off socials because she’s sick/looks like an absolute wanker for being so smug, stupid and insensitive about her negative result the other day? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

So many of you have asked

Honestly don't see an issue. We are all going to get it eventually, easiest to just have to isolate together and feel rubbish together.
Get it over and done with I say.
Really? We’re only “all going to get it” when people decide being careless and selfish is the norm. Feeling rubbish at home with your loved ones to get it over and done with might be fine for you, but what about the people who could easily die if they were to catch covid?

Reactions: 21

GeorgieBox

VIP Member
E15024B0-6909-4BBC-B73F-4F9FB823685F.png

Why don’t you toddle off back overseas then? I thought this moron moved. Does she realise most countries will be introducing some form of restrictions because exponential growth seems to have a pretty big impact on the economy and health systems? Goddamn she is a deadset idiot.

Reactions: 21