Australian Influencers #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not a fan of So Dramatic or Megan at all and I hate to agree with her but I do. Wouldn't have killed them to wait until after the finale to "hard launch"
Abbie in particular seeing as she was meant to be such a close friend.
The fact that Brooke has published this statement makes me think things went to tit during their convo. Guessing Abbie took no accountability as was just me, me, me, me. Could be wrong but seeing as she didn't post anything about the finale or congratulating Brooke and Darvid, that's my read on it.

Reactions: 12
Brooke knows the hate this will send Abbie’s way. Does the punishment fit the crime?
I dunno. This statement is so off. I'm not downplaying Brooke's grief regarding her Sisters passing but to mention that and then go on to suggest Abbie and Konrad dating is the 'hardest point'. I'm not quite with that. I'd say there's been a lot going on behind closed doors.

Reactions: 6
I dunno. This statement is so off. I'm not downplaying Brooke's grief regarding her Sisters passing but to mention that and then go on to suggest Abbie and Konrad dating is the 'hardest point'. I'm not quite with that. I'd say there's been a lot going on behind closed doors.
Agree! Releasing the statement is just going to have everyone questioning what exactly is going on behind closed doors as well. My guess is Abbie went public to stop speculation and let Brooke have her time (once something is confirmed it’s so much less interesting). Abbie has said this is against PR advice. Brooke reached out and commented that I’m doing so Abbie has taken the moment away from the first indigenous Bachelorette and basically said she’s a tit friend and ally. Abbie on defence. What a mess. Instead of any positive we now just have another two young women sparring in the media.

Also just to add that I obviously don’t understand the race element but can see how much it would play a part in brooke’s reaction. I just know Abbie has previously had suicidal thoughts due to online bullying and to publicly come out calling her a narcissist is hard to read. The white privileged comment does stand though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Doesnt Brooke have the "happily ever after" with D?
Sounds like she should be spending more time concentrating on that and less like a kid who had their birthday candles blown out by someone else. Grow the duck up!

Reactions: 7
Doesnt Brooke have the "happily ever after" with D?
Sounds like she should be spending more time concentrating on that and less like a kid who had their birthday candles blown out by someone else. Grow the duck up!
Agree it’s incredibly immature when her she has bigger tragedies in her life. I don’t particularly like Abbie either but it’s a weird statement. Turning it into white privilege is annoying to me as well, it’s just too women being bitchy.

Reactions: 5
Agree it’s incredibly immature when her she has bigger tragedies in her life. I don’t particularly like Abbie either but it’s a weird statement. Turning it into white privilege is annoying to me as well, it’s just too women being bitchy.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m struggling to see how a woman finding someone she is interested in as white privilege

Reactions: 3
I don't know about white privilege in this case but for me it's about basic respect.

Give the first queer indigenous Bachelorette her moment in the sun.

Maybe, in referring it to white privilege, Brooke is suggesting Abbie should have known what this publicity meant (for society at large, for acceptance and for inclusivity) and allowed Brooke to have it to herself - just for a few days

Reactions: 13
It's super weird - in the past she's always done black & white photos of him too so I don't know why she's done this??

I have seen Oscar in ads for the school too though; such a bizarre decision to let them use his image
It took me about 6 seconds to figure out it was Haileybury, so will take a pedalo who wants to hold Billie to ransom about 4.

Brooke knows the hate this will send Abbie’s way. Does the punishment fit the crime?
Abbie only looks after one person.
I can’t stand her.

It’s obvious the Brooke and Abbie thing is just a PR stunt to keep them both relevant post show. Boring and predictable…

Reactions: 3
Just read the story.. what a weird statement. Feel like she’s trying to make people feel sorry for her.. but I see it as she’s crying about not getting all the attention she was meant to being it the finale. She should focus on her new lover and not worry about who’s dating her ex! It was a privilege she got to be on the show 🙄

Reactions: 1
I just hate the fact that the statement has Megan from So Dram on her high horse yet again and justifying her personal vendetta against Abbie.

I also think Brooke's being a bit petty. Shouldn't she just be happy and in love and not give a tit about who is talking about who? It sends the vibe that it's all about the attention that she's not getting.
Sure it wouldn't have killed Abbie to wait to announce it but Konrad was already announcing it in his exit interviews. Abbie and Konrad dating didn't tank the ratings of the show, it's been a boring season from the start, and that's not Abbie's fault.
Plus, if it were really about "a white couple tainting her moment", Holly who came third on the show also announced that she's happy and in love with one of the other girls from the show on the morning of the finale, why isn't she being scrutinised?

Reactions: 16
Candice Barber. Obviously a highly depressed woman so shouldn’t let it get to me. Seeing her break down in real time is terrible but that she then goes on to mum shame those who have it together. I have my kids 24/7 and I’m just organised and have my tit together. Not everyday is the house immaculate but it’s pretty good. It is possible to have a clean house and play with your kids. I cannot stand the lazy mum who doesn’t wash her hair or get dressed and says it’s impossible. That’s depression, not SAHM life.

Reactions: 9
Candice Barber. Obviously a highly depressed woman so shouldn’t let it get to me. Seeing her break down in real time is terrible but that she then goes on to mum shame those who have it together. I have my kids 24/7 and I’m just organised and have my tit together. Not everyday is the house immaculate but it’s pretty good. It is possible to have a clean house and play with your kids. I cannot stand the lazy mum who doesn’t wash her hair or get dressed and says it’s impossible. That’s depression, not SAHM life.
Nobody needs to see that her kid has smeared crap all through their cot either🤦‍♀️

• Sick
Yea wow. I only have one child but my sister has two and she is much more organised and tidy than me. She’s always been like that! Her house is always super clean, she washes and dry and puts away the clothes where as I might have to wash mine a second time I’ve left it in the tub 😂. But that’s life we are all different. I never understood how some mums said they never showered as for me it was a priority! But I never shamed anyone.

Reactions: 7
Megan gets footage of Abbie kissing someone and puts it all over social media saying who it is. Megan, vilifies Abbie for confirming that the footage Megan put all over the internet was in fact her.

Reactions: 13
so Brooke messaged Abbie a supportive message which Abbie took as a green light, and Brooke also sent Konrad a supportive message AFTER the post was made. I'm not sure why Abbie is at fault here or why Brooke is so angry?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.