Australian Influencers #33

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course she’s implying it’s him. Because flat out saying it was him leaves her open for a defamation suit. Same as any media who names him.
Yes but a) isn’t it the case that not naming a person doesn’t absolve someone of defamation if the party in question could be reasonably identifiable but then b) it isn’t defamation if it really happened 🥹

Reactions: 3
Yes but a) isn’t it the case that not naming a person doesn’t absolve someone of defamation if the party in question could be reasonably identifiable but then b) it isn’t defamation if it really happened 🥹
Not naming the person usually does absolve someone of defamation. We’ve all come to that conclusion because he’s a douchebag NRL player with a history of treating women poorly but she could argue she never named him. And no it’s not defamation if it really happened and I 100% believe her but it hasn’t stopped men like him suing before and it could cost her a fortune in legal fees to fight. I guess we’ll wait and see if anything else comes of it, good on her for taking photo evidence.

Reactions: 6
Don’t shoot me tattlers but I love Rachel finch and her style of parenting! I love that she makes her kids hold themselves accountable, that she feeds them good healthy food and makes me be active! Not a fan of the hubby he does look sleazy but I think on a whole they do a good job.
From what she shows online and I don’t follow her so I don’t see it all she seems quite harsh. She’s parenting them like this online and seems to like being a hard taskmaster. I find her odd, her husband odd and the situation quite sad!!

Reactions: 17
I remember so many women trying to give that Courtney chick the heads up about that head rugby loser. Even the other ex Courtney. I remember the IG post where they were being smashed with negative comments.
She didn't listen, she thought he was different for her. Can't say I'm sympathetic. All these women believe men with terrible histories will change for them, they get love bombed and spit our kids after a short time with these wankers. If a guy had kids to all different mums there is something very wrong.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I feel bad for him 😂 I don't think he's as repulsive as you guys are making out and from her stories he just seems like he's not good in front of the camera lol
No way he is putrid but I find him entertainin, he can't stand her and their interactions are so awkward🍿

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Rachel Finch is obsessed with healthy food and providing 'healthy' meals for her kiddies....

But gives absolutely zero fucks about her kiddies privacy and posts them 24/7

Go figure

Reactions: 24
I remember so many women trying to give that Courtney chick the heads up about that head rugby loser. Even the other ex Courtney. I remember the IG post where they were being smashed with negative comments.
She didn't listen, she thought he was different for her. Can't say I'm sympathetic. All these women believe men with terrible histories will change for them, they get love bombed and spit our kids after a short time with these wankers. If a guy had kids to all different mums there is something very wrong.
I say this kindly and yet not lightly. As someone who has had a friend involved in domestic violence, the thing that isn’t spoken about enough is the psychological impact and mental anguish of trying to detach. If you read Katie Byron’s “the work” it speaks about DV and abuse victims often being generational, that victims lack a shark cage to protect them by way of their formative life experiences. The thing that has been most striking to me through my friends relationship is that we all knew. She told us about the violence. She was done. About, 12 different times, she was done. We supported her to leave. And yet she went back over and over, she wanted to fix him, he would be different, it was just this or just that. What if the next woman, he loved properly and treated right? What if she missed out on the visions she held onto of their future. And through this process of voicing the issue but then returning to it, every one of us friends got sick and tired of enabling her and supporting her. It was emotionally taxing for us all. Instagram wellness accounts tell us to have boundaries and protect our peace. We waned in being able to continue to carry the burden when she kept going back and back and would not listen..

THIS is one of the challenges that perhaps doesn’t get voiced enough. THIS type of isolation is, amongst others, how women end up dead. Because when it got to the 13th time and she truly was finally ready to go and stay gone, she had no one left in her corner because of her own toxic behaviour (which is psychological in its nature and rooted in many things, not just the specific person or the relationship.) it’s not dissimilar to a drug addict trying to get clean. It takes time and effort and support and it’s draining on loved ones to the enth degree. DV and toxic relationships can be so insidious. Power and love to anyone going through it.

anyway that concludes my TED talk.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I say this kindly and yet not lightly. As someone who has had a friend involved in domestic violence, the thing that isn’t spoken about enough is the psychological impact and mental anguish of trying to detach. If you read Katie Byron’s “the work” it speaks about DV and abuse victims often being generational, that victims lack a shark cage to protect them by way of their formative life experiences. The thing that has been most striking to me through my friends relationship is that we all knew. She told us about the violence. She was done. About, 12 different times, she was done. We supported her to leave. And yet she went back over and over, she wanted to fix him, he would be different, it was just this or just that. What if the next woman, he loved properly and treated right? What if she missed out on the visions she held onto of their future. And through this process of voicing the issue but then returning to it, every one of us friends got sick and tired of enabling her and supporting her. It was emotionally taxing for us all. Instagram wellness accounts tell us to have boundaries and protect our peace. We waned in being able to continue to carry the burden when she kept going back and back and would not listen..

THIS is one of the challenges that perhaps doesn’t get voiced enough. THIS type of isolation is, amongst others, how women end up dead. Because when it got to the 13th time and she truly was finally ready to go and stay gone, she had no one left in her corner because of her own toxic behaviour (which is psychological in its nature and rooted in many things, not just the specific person or the relationship.) it’s not dissimilar to a drug addict trying to get clean. It takes time and effort and support and it’s draining on loved ones to the enth degree. DV and toxic relationships can be so insidious. Power and love to anyone going through it.

Thank you. My sister experienced domestic violence and it's such a complex thing. It is like a dagger to the heart when people say it's the woman's fault for continuing to go back.. If it was that straight forward then we probably wouldn't have this many women being killed by their partners/lovers/ex partners/stalkers.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

I had a girlfriend like this who has been in a situationship for over 10 years.. there is no physical abuse but there is psychological abuse. After years and years of trying to help her I had to excuse myself from the situation as it became too mentally taxing for me. You can not help anyone that doesn’t want to help themselves. Even if this Courtney was warned about him I can guarantee she would have been thinking that he would be different with her and god knows what he told her. I think it was very silly to fall pregnant to him though but again we don’t really know the situation or how it happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This may just be for engagement but if not, Danielle really needs to speak with PANDA or someone. She seems to really be struggling.
I mean it’s what that owlet sock is for so use it I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️ Motherhood is anxiety inducing but if someone is feeling like this a chat to a professional might help.
---

Thank you for this ❤ I had a paragraph written but I don’t need to elaborate.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I'm talking about when she first started seeing him. Within the first weeks. She wasn't a long standing partner trying to exit. The girl was blind to so many people telling her.

I'm talking about when she first started seeing him. Within the first weeks. She wasn't a long standing partner trying to exit. The girl was blind to so many people telling her.
Yes, and that’s really what I refer to when I spoke of Katie Byron’s work. You can also read about it in many different wellness and self help type books or Insta accounts. It’s too complex for me to explain but women (and men, people) don’t just go “oooh a red flag, I want that” for no reason. There’s layers upon layers of nuance and personal experience that inform our outlooks and views of self. Warning someone does little if their wiring and self esteem doesn’t support the understanding of it, or deter them. This same “stuff” is how women who have been abused before, end up with another abuser. It’s a cycle.
Yes, they need to do the work for themselves in order to change and attract something different. I’m not saying people aren’t responsible for their well-being and themselves, totally they are. But a) working through and accessing the support in order to change takes time and resources and moreover, B) just saying “I told you so” doesn’t fix anything for anyone.

It’s really quite complicated and complex, and I hope this has been useful for people to consider different viewpoints and life experiences, and have empathy for others.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
This may just be for engagement but if not, Danielle really needs to speak with PANDA or someone. She seems to really be struggling.
I had extreme post partum anxiety I thought I couldn't keep my baby safe and wanted to give him to someone else. I've just had my second who was in nicu and I'm doing absolutely fine.
She absolutely needs to talk to someone because her mental health is going to rob her of special memories

• Heart
Reactions: 16