Australian Influencers #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She hasn’t edited her butt cellulite or anything though which for me is the big message. It annoys me she nipped her waist in but for me it’s a pass and not much different to ‘beauty influencers’ using filters. I dread the day my daughter uses social Media but when that time comes hers is a profile I’d be comfortable with her seeing and for me that’s a big thing.

She hasn’t edited her butt cellulite or anything though which for me is the big message. It annoys me she nipped her waist in but for me it’s a pass and not much different to ‘beauty influencers’ using filters. I dread the day my daughter uses social Media but when that time comes hers is a profile I’d be comfortable with her seeing and for me that’s a big thing.
You don’t understand though, just by editing her waist she is sending a message that having a bigger waist and bigger butt isn’t “loving your body” like she preaches it’s showing that she only values herself when she edits her waist tiny and I’m sorry but very naive to think that she doesn’t edit her butt if she’s willing to edit her waist. She is cashing in on the body positive movement all the while taking the piss. She also constantly uses face filters. I wouldn’t want my daughter looking up to her that’s for sure

Reactions: 29
You don’t understand though, just by editing her waist she is sending a message that having a bigger waist and bigger butt isn’t “loving your body” like she preaches it’s showing that she only values herself when she edits her waist tiny and I’m sorry but very naive to think that she doesn’t edit her butt if she’s willing to edit her waist. She is cashing in on the body positive movement all the while taking the piss. She also constantly uses face filters. I wouldn’t want my daughter looking up to her that’s for sure
I guess that’s the great thing about being able to have different opinions, ideally without being called naive for having them 🤷‍♀️. Cos I’m actually not, I just have a different perspective driven by different things.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Re: Karina Airby, it wouldn’t matter so much the photoshopping stuff if she didn’t get on her high horse and preach about it. It’s the self righteous hypocrisy that has turned me off.

Reactions: 14
Ok so I had no idea who Karina was so went looking and her post 9hrs ago where she said “you don’t know what it’s like to wake up to endless comments and message about how fat, disgusting and ugly you are. Now add 11 years to that, 4017 days.” my first thought was - if you’re getting crap like that every single day and it’s affecting your mental health (because of course it would), you remove yourself from that situation. You do not hang around for 11 years in a space that sure might be lining your pockets with $$ but at what cost?

I don’t understand why anyone would willingly put up with that and expose themselves to it for 11 years unless they are a complete narcissist.

And I’m definitely not condoning the messages she’s getting AT ALL but she could solve the problem by just closing her phone and stepping away.

Reactions: 16
Ok so I had no idea who Karina was so went looking and her post 9hrs ago where she said “you don’t know what it’s like to wake up to endless comments and message about how fat, disgusting and ugly you are. Now add 11 years to that, 4017 days.” my first thought was - if you’re getting crap like that every single day and it’s affecting your mental health (because of course it would), you remove yourself from that situation. You do not hang around for 11 years in a space that sure might be lining your pockets with $$ but at what cost?

I don’t understand why anyone would willingly put up with that and expose themselves to it for 11 years unless they are a complete narcissist.

And I’m definitely not condoning the messages she’s getting AT ALL but she could solve the problem by just closing her phone and stepping away.
Absolutely, and to be honest I’m criticizing the fact she has preached being natural and body positivity this whole time while being a hypocrite.
She built her brand on being natural, and she’s been photoshopping. Own it.

Reactions: 10

Any validation built on external sources will never make you happy. People will always have a problem with you or pump up your tyres in a way that is superficial. All of it is about other people’s opinions. At the core, it is not healthy.

Reactions: 6
Eg I’m tired of providing free content and think all you fckers should be paying for it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Scared of karina I reckon!
I don’t she did say on the outspoken podcast she has been doing this and has 2 kids now and it’s time consuming - she also said she is posting in the eveningsso she can be present with her kidsit would suck to have your kid free time just only being on socials. For some people it worksI certainly couldn’t do 3-4 hours a day.
I reckon it’s all just timing - she had said on the podcast she had never received a c&d so I think karina wanted to be the first 😂
I know Amber puts her name and face to the account and doesn’t really give an opinion because of it (unless she does on the close friends paid content thing? Anyone confirm?)

I don’t know that her paid content would be anything special?Anyone know what she posts or does it get covered for free by the other gossip accounts?

Tinyhearts latest stories I have missed the explainer. What's wrong with bub? She might deliver soon? Can someone fill me in xx

Tinyhearts latest stories I have missed the explainer. What's wrong with bub? She might deliver soon? Can someone fill me in xx
She was having fortnightly treatments for some disorder the older 2 were born with. Thought she knew better than her OB and went on a major overseas holiday to remote Bahamas at 32 weeks pregnant despite suffering previous miscarriage and late term pregnancy complications with both the older kids. Surprise surprise she is now back and after missing 2 rounds of treatment the baby is suffering growth issues and potentially some other things but they won’t know til delivery. Interestingly it seems the paid partnership with her OB Dr Joseph Sgroi has ended as she usually tags him in absolutely anything related to the baby but she’s stopped tagging him. I think he’s asked her to stop since she went against his advice and now things aren’t looking so great…wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve butted heads because she’s such a know it all

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.