Australian Influencers #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone see Conagh Kathleen starting a brand that sell cups, so similar to Sophie Millars water bottle brand.

Also LOL at the name os Sophie Jayne Millar's name change to future self shop?! isn't that alfie deyes brand?

Reactions: 1
Anyone see Conagh Kathleen starting a brand that sell cups
And hair clips, the same as Jaz Hand. Plus in her vlog she teased jumpers coming soon, like Sophie.
Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but when you're a 500k+ influencer with a range rover, house, luxury handbags etc and you're just flipping products off ali express; can you really call yourself a 'small business' ? Lauren Simpson did the same thing with her activewear label "as a small business"

Reactions: 5
Oh yay Beth (Babymac) is renovating and moving out of their house for a year, cue even MORE stuff to complain about.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
And hair clips, the same as Jaz Hand. Plus in her vlog she teased jumpers coming soon, like Sophie.
Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but when you're a 500k+ influencer with a range rover, house, luxury handbags etc and you're just flipping products off ali express; can you really call yourself a 'small business' ? Lauren Simpson did the same thing with her activewear label "as a small business"
could not agree more. Clearly comes from a very wealthy family also.
I agree its no small business and being lucky enough to shill out aliexpress crap to the 14 year olds that follow you is really hardly an AMAZING JOUIRNEY of doing it all on your own kinda

Reactions: 3
A bit of media today about some Ad Standards resolutions from our complaints 🙈😂. Definitely keep reporting dodgy ads! This was an interesting article.

I’m also curious about this and how one actually complains to Meta? Because that would really be hitting these dodgy influencers where it hurts.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
A bit of media today about some Ad Standards resolutions from our complaints 🙈😂. Definitely keep reporting dodgy ads! This was an interesting article.

I’m also curious about this and how one actually complains to Meta? Because that would really be hitting these dodgy influencers where it hurts.
How do we bulk report everyone showing off their latest crappy Stax haul and not declaring?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh yay Beth (Babymac) is renovating and moving out of their house for a year, cue even MORE stuff to complain about.
My heart breaks for Beffy that she couldn’t spend at least part of that year in Europe. Life is unfair. 😢

#prayforBeff

• Haha
Reactions: 10

This is an interesting question. They should be using paid partnership or paid products on Facebook, but it looks as though a few influencers are not. Adding (partner) at the end is not a enough to say it's ad or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
This may not be the right place to ask but does anyone know what happened to Jessica Stein/Tuula Vintage? I assume she left social media to be a full time Mum but hope they’re doing well

Reactions: 6
Would Lulus carer be a mandatory reporter in NSW in regards to the fact they have ceased Lus medication without approval or advice from doctors?

Is there anything that can be done? Wouldn’t this be some kind of neglect.
I think we have to be somewhat cautious. I agree with everything that has been said here about this in general, but we actually don’t know for sure that this was done without doctors’ advice. They said they took her off the pharma drug to see what happened but not specifically that the doctors said not to do so. I’m a lawyer and I suspect with Luella’s particular epilepsy and how non-responsive to treatment it has been that there’s going to be an element of discretion in terms of trialing medication regimes. I’m not convinced this is a reportable issue.

Reactions: 14
Anyone see Conagh Kathleen starting a brand that sell cups, so similar to Sophie Millars water bottle brand.

Also LOL at the name os Sophie Jayne Millar's name change to future self shop?! isn't that alfie deyes brand?
She was previously saying that it would be some sort of support group.. and now it’s just merch.

Tara Pavlovic hasn’t mentioned her husband once since Landing in NZ. Not even a shoutout ’paddy is really missing his Dad and so am I!’ So I think there’s something up there

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Tara Pavlovic hasn’t mentioned her husband once since Landing in NZ. Not even a shoutout ’paddy is really missing his Dad and so am I!’ So I think there’s something up there
I wouldn’t normally wish someone was getting divorced but in this instance it would be great news, even if terribly disruptive for her and her kids. If not now it’s surely going to happen eventually.

Reactions: 18
Hopefully she gives him the arse (if she hasn’t already)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think we have to be somewhat cautious. I agree with everything that has been said here about this in general, but we actually don’t know for sure that this was done without doctors’ advice. They said they took her off the pharma drug to see what happened but not specifically that the doctors said not to do so. I’m a lawyer and I suspect with Luella’s particular epilepsy and how non-responsive to treatment it has been that there’s going to be an element of discretion in terms of trialing medication regimes. I’m not convinced this is a reportable issue.
But this isn’t how mandatory reporting works in NSW.

All the mandatory reporter requires is “current concerns about the safety, welfare and wellbeing of a child… that the parents or caregivers have not arranged necessary medical care for the child or young person (unwilling or unable to do so)”.

Mandatory reporters certainly don’t have to pause and be ‘somewhat cautious’ if they have concerns for a child.

I don’t know the influencer being discussed, and I believe it would be highly unlikely an Instagram follower would have enough information to make a report, but an actual mandatory reporter who knows the family in a personal or professional capacity may absolutely make a report without even the full facts if they feel a child is being denied appropriate medical care.

I’d hate a mandatory reporter to read your post and then hesitate or be cautious about reporting if they thought a child they knew in real life was at risk of significant harm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Can we get a thread for Hannah Polites? A lot to unpack with her claims that her husband diagnosed her with ADHD..

• Wow
Reactions: 13
But this isn’t how mandatory reporting works in NSW.

All the mandatory reporter requires is “current concerns about the safety, welfare and wellbeing of a child… that the parents or caregivers have not arranged necessary medical care for the child or young person (unwilling or unable to do so)”.

Mandatory reporters certainly don’t have to pause and be ‘somewhat cautious’ if they have concerns for a child.

I don’t know the influencer being discussed, and I believe it would be highly unlikely an Instagram follower would have enough information to make a report, but an actual mandatory reporter who knows the family in a personal or professional capacity may absolutely make a report without even the full facts if they feel a child is being denied appropriate medical care.

I’d hate a mandatory reporter to read your post and then hesitate or be cautious about reporting if they thought a child they knew in real life was at risk of significant harm.
Yes, I understand that’s how mandatory reporting works. My comment was not, in any way, an explanation of how mandatory reporting works, or intended to address anyone specifically in their capacity as a mandatory reporter. I think surely anyone who is a mandatory reporter would understand that. My point was that I don’t think a single line in an Instagram story by her mother to the effect that they trialled taking the child off a “pharma drug” is necessarily enough for us to assume they did it against medical advice and that they should be reported for it. The “we” that I was referencing was us on this forum. The reason I said I’m not convinced this is a reportable issue is because we have no idea what Luella’s doctors have said about the medication, not because I’m saying that it wouldn’t be a reportable issue if there was concern.

If they are in fact acting against medical advice in relation to her drugs, then I certainly do hope that there are people in Luella’s life, such as her carer or their family, who are questioning them about it and who would act appropriately if there was concern for her welfare.

We know that they have been recommended to pursue the surgery and that they’ve put it off and I don’t agree with that decision personally but that’s another topic.

Yes, I understand that’s how mandatory reporting works. My comment was not, in any way, an explanation of how mandatory reporting works, or intended to address anyone specifically in their capacity as a mandatory reporter. I think surely anyone who is a mandatory reporter would understand that. My point was that I don’t think a single line in an Instagram story by her mother to the effect that they trialled taking the child off a “pharma drug” is necessarily enough for us to assume they did it against medical advice and that they should be reported for it. The “we” that I was referencing was us on this forum. The reason I said I’m not convinced this is a reportable issue is because we have no idea what Luella’s doctors have said about the medication, not because I’m saying that it wouldn’t be a reportable issue if there was concern.

If they are in fact acting against medical advice in relation to her drugs, then I certainly do hope that there are people in Luella’s life, such as her carer or their family, who are questioning them about it and who would act appropriately if there was concern for her welfare.

We know that they have been recommended to pursue the surgery and that they’ve put it off and I don’t agree with that decision personally but that’s another topic.
I’ll just add that I can see how the first line in my original comment could be misinterpreted. My point there was that I feel some caution is warranted on our part before we assume neglect based on one line in an Instagram story. Not that a mandatory reporter should exercise caution if concerned.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Kylie camps.. she’s a funny one. Preached about boundaries and lust etc but she’s obviously not seeing straight with this new guy. Seems neither one of them do much work she’s constantly tagging him in stories all day together. What do they actually do for work? I hardly hear anything about her kind parenting sleeping thing anymore.
I dunno why the guy annoys me I just get weird vibes. Hate the tats but I wanna inject Botox sobad in those ugly lines all over his face. Dunno how old he is but he’s aged badly.
He looks so rough. Bogans like that never age well imagine the meltdown when in ends badly. Which I have absolutely no doubt it will

He looks so rough. Bogans like that never age well imagine the meltdown when in ends badly. Which I have absolutely no doubt it will
I'm so sick of seeing the influencers pretending they don't read here and pretending that they never utter a bad word about others and then run with the whole woman not supporting woman narrative. I love seeing woman succeed but I also hate seeing others disgusting behaviour. I wonder if these dickheads actually think we are sad jealous miserable trolls to make themselves feel better. I am none of the above you couldn't pay me to swap any part my life for any of theirs :sick:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Any one know what ever happened to poppy? I can’t remember her handle but she lived in Brisbane with her husband and 2 little girls and they did Reno’s to there house and then went overseas to stay with family and then she disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.