Ashley James

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why would you continue to put your baby next to cot bumpers and a teddy bear KNOWING the risk?! Even toddlers and school age children have been suffocated by teddies. Why on earth even risk it?? It’s almost like she wants to upset people and then scream be kind when people advise her of the risk. I really wish cot bumpers weren’t sold, they give me heart palpitations.

Reactions: 9
Has anyone tried messaging her about this stuff, just out of interest? I’ve sent afew, she never responds but I’m not blocked yet surprisingly! It really bothers me, some of the things she does. Especially as some people will copy her! It’s so irresponsible, I wish she could see past the Ads and content….

Reactions: 4
Goodness. she really needs to grow up and realise she’s not an expert on everything. If people engage with her, especially via a DM, it’s because they’re concerned about a safety issue.

Reactions: 7
In her stories when she's defending the cot bumper she says 'I can literally see my baby and he is less than 2 metres from me'. 1. What about when you fall asleep? 2. He could still get into difficulty and be silent, you wouldn't necessarily know. Especially is you're asleep.

Reactions: 5
In her stories when she's defending the cot bumper she says 'I can literally see my baby and he is less than 2 metres from me'. 1. What about when you fall asleep? 2. He could still get into difficulty and be silent, you wouldn't necessarily know. Especially is you're asleep.
Came here to say exactly this.

What bleeping stupid logic. God forbid if anything happened to that little one, it would likely happen silently.

I honestly can’t believe she is so up her own arse. Why is she only happy to receive advice on her own terms? She took advice recently on Alf not being strapped into the car seat correctly. How is this any different?

Early weaning is one thing, but anyone that knowingly uses cot bumpers and the associated risks is SELFISH. Pure and simple.

My baby is 11 months old and I still wake in her night to check I can see her little chest moving! And she’s either in her EMPTY cot, or co-sleeping with me!!

Reactions: 6
What is she talking about, she’s less than 2 metres away, that’s not relevant!
Seems to me she clearly hasn’t ‘researched’ this properly as cot bumpers reduce air flow and can cause overheating meaning the baby could literally just stop breathing. If she’s asleep it doesn’t matter if she’s 2cm or 2m away, she won’t realise until it’s too late. 😔

Reactions: 6
The woman is a walking contradiction 🙄
L O V E S co sleeping and being woken multiple times a night by her baby - shoves him in a cot death trap just to get 3 hours sleep

L O V E S breastfeeding (for herself and has never highlighted any benefits for her baby) but dying to wean him on packet food when he’s clearly NOT ready in the slightest

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Why would you continue to put your baby next to cot bumpers and a teddy bear KNOWING the risk?! Even toddlers and school age children have been suffocated by teddies. Why on earth even risk it?? It’s almost like she wants to upset people and then scream be kind when people advise her of the risk. I really wish cot bumpers weren’t sold, they give me heart palpitations.
I can’t believe it either that she knows the risks but continues to it’s shocking. It the airflow that worries means and the strangulation risk it’s basic if they’re going to be somewhere unsupervised such as a cot keep it clear and use the specific baby blankets/grows. I think because she cosleeping/breastfeeds she’s thinks she tuned in and would hear him distressed but she’s an idiot!

I can’t believe it either that she knows the risks but continues to it’s shocking. It the airflow that worries means and the strangulation risk it’s basic if they’re going to be somewhere unsupervised such as a cot keep it clear and use the specific baby blankets/grows. I think because she cosleeping/breastfeeds she’s thinks she tuned in and would hear him distressed but she’s an idiot!
She wouldn’t hear him, I don’t know how that is her defence. What’s really concerning for me as someone who breastfed and co-slept is when my baby turned to find me to feed, she’d be hunting about, she didn’t know where to go. I always slept in the C position, as in line to her as possible so she could turn and latch easily but still often woke to guide her, or my husband is a light sleeper and he’d guide her. Alf could genuinely go up against the cot bumpers looking to feed, thinking he’s next to her and get himself stuck. He’s far too little to control his body. She didn’t have him at the bottom of the cot either!

Something else that really irritated me is when she went on about kissing your baby. She said she didn’t realise the risks and had spoken to someone recently about it. I wonder if it was Annabel karmel who lost her daughter at 3 months old due to being kissed by someone with a cold sore. IF it is Annabel who had talked to her about it, how incredibly insensitive to then discuss the risks and basically say you don’t care? I never took that risk with my baby, there’s no need to kiss them on the lips. Plenty of other places to kiss them. If she wants to continue doing it, that’s up to her but to broadcast it so publicly and ignore the known risks is another matter. It’s like twisting the knife. It’s very distasteful but then I guess that’s the definition of Ashley isn’t it.

She wouldn’t hear him, I don’t know how that is her defence. What’s really concerning for me as someone who breastfed and co-slept is when my baby turned to find me to feed, she’d be hunting about, she didn’t know where to go. I always slept in the C position, as in line to her as possible so she could turn and latch easily but still often woke to guide her, or my husband is a light sleeper and he’d guide her. Alf could genuinely go up against the cot bumpers looking to feed, thinking he’s next to her and get himself stuck. He’s far too little to control his body. She didn’t have him at the bottom of the cot either!

Something else that really irritated me is when she went on about kissing your baby. She said she didn’t realise the risks and had spoken to someone recently about it. I wonder if it was Annabel karmel who lost her daughter at 3 months old due to being kissed by someone with a cold sore. IF it is Annabel who had talked to her about it, how incredibly insensitive to then discuss the risks and basically say you don’t care? I never took that risk with my baby, there’s no need to kiss them on the lips. Plenty of other places to kiss them. If she wants to continue doing it, that’s up to her but to broadcast it so publicly and ignore the known risks is another matter. It’s like twisting the knife. It’s very distasteful but then I guess that’s the definition of Ashley isn’t it.
I agree with so much of this. I'm super reluctant to pass comment on anyone's parenting, most of the time I really don't care, but it's truly terrifying to watch her be almost smugly defiant to really serious health and safety risks to young babies ie, straight to mixed food pouches with no regard for his little digestive system (for the rest of his life!) or the very serious risk of allergies, the bumpers and not having his feet at the bottom of the cot, kissing on the lips or anywhere....I mean we all want to smother our babies in kisses but knowing you can pass on the cold sore virus that's deadly to babies and doing it anyway, I just don't get it. She reminds me of a young teenager that just will not be told. I get that the advice thrown at you is extremely overwhelming and there is no one size fits all but there are certain things that pose a serious risk that parents and healthcare workers share with new mums in the hopes of preventing another family experiencing unimaginable (preventable) tragedy. I'd never bother messaging her about those choices, they're her mistakes to make but my heart skips a beat watching sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She’s annoyed me saying she’s being told her returning period might be down to the vaccine

I know people have reported period changes after getting vaccine

however it’s a complete myth about periods/breastfeeding! I breastfed and mine returned after 6 weeks, when I mentioned it to doctor/health visitor they were non plussed when I mentioned it saying it happens to lots of women

find it a bit irresponsible of her that she’s reporting her period/vaccine as fact

Reactions: 11
She’s annoyed me saying she’s being told her returning period might be down to the vaccine

however it’s a complete myth about periods/breastfeeding! I breastfed and mine returned after 6 weeks, when I mentioned it to doctor/health visitor they were non plussed when I mentioned it saying it happens to lots of women

find it a bit irresponsible of her that she’s reporting her period/vaccine as fact
Yep. I agree with you. With my first child, I think my periods returned around month 7 (breastfed until 13 months) and I exclusively breastfed. Now with my second child, she’s still breastfeeding at 17 months and my periods have not yet returned.

Reactions: 3
I exclusively breastfed and my periods returned at 14 months. But when you speak to others it’s so varied, from virtually straight away like above at 6 weeks or much much longer. People said my periods would get better/lighter after a baby but I’ve found the complete opposite. I’ve seen a lot about the vaccine affecting periods but I haven’t noticed any change personally. I think she’s just clutching at straws personally and everybody is different.

Reactions: 3

Agree. Mine started again 8 weeks after I had my daughter. She’s such a ruddy drama llama.

I'm pretty sure she's just read the daily mail article today about periods / vaccines (after looking for any desperate articles they may have posted about her) and is jumping on this too for engagement🙄

Reactions: 5
And why does it even matter that they’ve returned (other than the inconvenience) it’s a non story in my opinion

Reactions: 8
And why does it even matter that they’ve returned (other than the inconvenience) it’s a non story in my opinion
She's probably stupid enough to think breastfeeding acts as a contraceptive

Reactions: 2
The post of her baby in the sleeping bag scares me so much its so big for him it should fit snug around the head and arms! Not loose enough that he could slip down!

So I hate ‘pulling rank’ but as a midwife… please, please don’t listen to this overgrown teenage woman about your periods coming back having ANYTHING to do with the vaccine 🤦‍♀️
there are many, many factors as to why your periods may come back while breastfeeding even down to your cycle before having a baby and genetics. Please just know it’s a general rule. My own came back at week 14 PP and I breastfed **exclusively** for 5.5 months. If she’s weaning and feeding him up/less feeds/less night time feeds then her periods will come back naturally. NOTHING to do with the vaccine.
Also please as a woman don’t use the daily Mail for advice on your periods.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.