Ashley James

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The post of her baby in the sleeping bag scares me so much its so big for him it should fit snug around the head and arms! Not loose enough that he could slip down!
Er excuse me mum police, she’s using her mother’s instinct and that says to ignore the guidelines about the sleeping bag weight and how it fits baby 🙄

There are literally no words. My daughter is almost 2 and still in sleeping bags. Sometimes she undoes the snaps as she’s falling asleep and I will redo them as I don’t want her to get tangled in her sleep. Next, Alf will be in with a pillow and duvet because of her mother’s instinct 😩🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Er excuse me mum police, she’s using her mother’s instinct and that says to ignore the guidelines about the sleeping bag weight and how it fits baby 🙄

There are literally no words. My daughter is almost 2 and still in sleeping bags. Sometimes she undoes the snaps as she’s falling asleep and I will redo them as I don’t want her to get tangled in her sleep. Next, Alf will be in with a pillow and duvet because of her mother’s instinct 😩🤦🏼‍♀️
It’s so baggy under his arms and the head hole is so big!! I actually think I’m going to have to unfollow her. This along with the cot bumpers and now all the tit talk about the vaccine and periods is pissing me off.

I am still *EXCLUSIVELY* breastfeeding my 11mo and my periods haven’t returned. But I know mums with babies the same age who have already had 10+ periods. She is spreading so much dangerous information at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's like she listened to the safer sleep guidance and done her own very bad following of it she's made sleep bags dangerous. I feel like this people should take responsibility for what they post the amount of mums I speak to who mention they've seen this and that on social media and its OK. Makes it dammed hard for us professionals to explain that there are also dangers to this as well

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have sent her stories and links to her posts to the Lullaby Trust. She is dangerously ignorant and actually really bloody insulting.

Aside from the fact that her actions are dangerous and contravene safe sleep advice, suggesting that her son is safe because she knows him/ has instinct is a huge accusatory slap in the face for those who have lost little ones from SIDS. Did they not know their child
enough? Did a lack bond cause the SIDS?

Honestly, if she’s going to make a living on the platform she needs to take responsibility for her content and the potentially fatal impact it could have. If she wants to ignore safe sleep advice with her child and refuses to see sense, then that’s her look out but don’t post it out for thousands of followers to potentially copy. She is connected enough to have access to experts, courses etc but others don’t. Her followers could she what she does and think ‘she’s informed, she must have researched this, it’s got to be okay to do this’.

If she wants to reap the rewards of her position, she also needs to accept that it comes with responsibilities too whether she likes it or not.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I unfollowed her… if she doesn’t want to listen to advice that’s on her but she shouldn’t broadcast her poor choices. Also saying she doesn’t want unsolicited advice… don’t put your kid on Instagram.

I’m sure a lot of people only contacted her about the cot bumpers and sleep bag etc to be nice and her response was just rude! She seems to forget she needs followers to make her account successful.

Comment on the covid vaccine was the final straw… she’s constantly misinforming people and has a crappy attitude. I think she’s only doing it to get a reaction and honestly I don’t need that childish behaviour in my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I really hope the doula she hired (to follow her while she gets a pedicure) sets her straight about the sleeping bag and letting him sleep on the mound of duvet and pillows. Not even a made flat bed. Such a terrible example to share with thousands of followers. I don't care if she has superior mum instinct it's irresponsible and dangerous!

Reactions: 6
Christ on a bike I forgot about the doula … HOW is she not saying anything about these sleeping conditions? I don’t know anything about being paid privately or her qualifications but no money in the world could allow me to not pull her up on that cot. Or the bed. Or the sleeping bag. Or the bull tit attitude.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I feel like a grumpy cynical oldie but this #sunpoverty ! campaign shes promoting...its being run by a beauty product website. Alongside donating x no of tiny bottles of sun lotion to kids on Free meals you can buy one to donate when buying something else on the site.
this weeny 45ml product is £6.95...whereas a 200ml bottle of say ambre solair/ garnier kids is £7 and a giant 400ml of boots own is £7.50..so they're clearly covering the cost of 'donating' them through the rip off price!

Reactions: 3
I feel like a grumpy cynical oldie but this #sunpoverty ! campaign shes promoting...its being run by a beauty product website. Alongside donating x no of tiny bottles of sun lotion to kids on Free meals you can buy one to donate when buying something else on the site.
this weeny 45ml product is £6.95...whereas a 200ml bottle of say ambre solair/ garnier kids is £7 and a giant 400ml of boots own is £7.50..so they're clearly covering the cost of 'donating' them through the rip off price!
I thought this too. This is “ celebrities” totally virtue signalling and the company making profit. Ive unfollowed. She makes me angry now with the attitude . Ive enough. My son is an adult now and Ive never met anyone so arrogant in their parenting. I didnt even have the internet as a young new mum. We read books and listened to women around us. Then you made up your own mind. Thats instinct.

Reactions: 8
Her story ‘mum hack’ putting pads on breasts when tanning so when feeding baby doesn’t get tanned
I presumed she was getting a spray

no just looks like regular tanning? Why can’t she just avoid the area like everyone else would 🤦‍♀️
Suppose that would mean she couldn’t put a pic up of her nearly naked 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Her story ‘mum hack’ putting pads on breasts when tanning so when feeding baby doesn’t get tanned
I presumed she was getting a spray

no just looks like regular tanning? Why can’t she just avoid the area like everyone else would 🤦‍♀️
Suppose that would mean she couldn’t put a pic up of her nearly naked 🤷‍♀️
Exactly she’s such a knob 😴 it’s cringey she’s a grown women who is acting like a teenage girl who has just realised she’s got breasts 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I thought this too. This is “ celebrities” totally virtue signalling and the company making profit. Ive unfollowed. She makes me angry now with the attitude . Ive enough. My son is an adult now and Ive never met anyone so arrogant in their parenting. I didnt even have the internet as a young new mum. We read books and listened to women around us. Then you made up your own mind. Thats instinct.
Glad its not just me ! Fed up with 'celebrities' virtue signalling all the time!
My kids are teens so I didn't really use the Internet that much when they were born..so like you it was baby books, friends/family or clinic for advise.
Shes so aggressive with it all too! I had loads of people especially older people come up look in the pram and make a comment about in their time or give some advise often outdated ..how hard is it just listen for a few minutes smile and move on with your day without taking offence! Im sure most of them weren't judging me as a new mum just wanting to make conversation!

Glad its not just me ! Fed up with 'celebrities' virtue signalling all the time!
My kids are teens so I didn't really use the Internet that much when they were born..so like you it was baby books, friends/family or clinic for advise.
Shes so aggressive with it all too! I had loads of people especially older people come up look in the pram and make a comment about in their time or give some advise often outdated ..how hard is it just listen for a few minutes smile and move on with your day without taking offence! Im sure most of them weren't judging me as a new mum just wanting to make conversation!
Totally! They want the platform when its ADs/ freebies but dont want the feedback then and react so aggressively saying they re being “ trolled” or whatever. No need for the aggression. Ive unfollowed anyway couldnt be dealing with that. 🙈

Alf is sooooooo cute in the stories of him sitting up but also wtf. She's been weaning him without him being able to sit up???

• Sad
Alf is sooooooo cute in the stories of him sitting up but also wtf. She's been weaning him without him being able to sit up???
But she's got like instinct and stuff like. That's like better than a medical degree like. And how dare you think she is wrong/criticise/give advice - delete as appropriate! 🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
That hat she puts him in annoys me. I know what she’s trying to make it look like, but it’s not knitted to fit that way and just looks completely too small.

Thread suggestion:
Parental warnings I pay no heed, did you know I exclusively breastfeed?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.