Ashley James

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just had to go back and double check… as first tastes she tried to cook CHICKEN for him 😳 For a baby, that’s not tried anything. I mean the mind boggles. She went to see a weaning expert.
And a whole pouch for a baby that’s just started weaning. I mean. What on earth!!! He’ll be up during the night with stomach pains the little guy.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
She doesn't even have a high chair for him so he's on her lap! And gave up straight away with Brocoli as he didn't like it straight away so gave a whole pouch! Did she learn anything from the expert?

Reactions: 7
Sounds like she’s trying to give him 3 meals a day already! Cooking for him at lunch and then a pouch at dinner time, it’s too much! It’s literally just small tastes at this stage, you’re not supposed to be trying to fill them up. I think she’s hoping he will sleep through if he eats more but it doesn’t work like that. No point trying to advise her though. 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Gave him a pouch cos he was smiling at them at dinner time

umm what ha
I must be a terrible mother. My daughter smiled at a bottle of beer when she was 4 months old. Why oh why didn’t I give it to her 😂

As for the pouch, my daughter would only have a couple of spoonfuls for weeks and we started with just lunch. Introduced breakfast after a few weeks and then another few weeks dinner. Bet the poor boy will be having 3 meals stuffed down his neck by Friday 😔 and then she’ll be annoyed he’s not sleeping well because he’s got bellyache.

Reactions: 8
Sounds like she’s trying to give him 3 meals a day already! Cooking for him at lunch and then a pouch at dinner time, it’s too much! It’s literally just small tastes at this stage, you’re not supposed to be trying to fill them up. I think she’s hoping he will sleep through if he eats more but it doesn’t work like that. No point trying to advise her though. 🙄
Then he'll start dropping milk too early honestly she's a moron 🙄

Reactions: 4
She doesn't even have a high chair for him so he's on her lap! And gave up straight away with Brocoli as he didn't like it straight away so gave a whole pouch! Did she learn anything from the expert?
She did have some kind of high chair but apparently it’s not safe to use straps….. I mean. I get why she’s saying that, but then don’t start weaning your baby before he’s ready, then the risk of chocking will reduce?

I must be a terrible mother. My daughter smiled at a bottle of beer when she was 4 months old. Why oh why didn’t I give it to her 😂

As for the pouch, my daughter would only have a couple of spoonfuls for weeks and we started with just lunch. Introduced breakfast after a few weeks and then another few weeks dinner. Bet the poor boy will be having 3 meals stuffed down his neck by Friday 😔 and then she’ll be annoyed he’s not sleeping well because he’s got bellyache.
Yeah, that’s how you’re meant to do it. Slowly introduce food. Not shove food pouches down his throat because he smiled at you (nothing against food pouches, FYI).
He just looks way off being ready to start weaning. I get it, it’s exciting for her as a first time mum, but for crying out loud, just let the baby be a baby.

Reactions: 5

The first two weeks mine was having couple of spoonfuls of a different veg each day like max an ice cubensize portion- nothing added just pureed veg. Had to make sure there was no allergies!

Reactions: 2
The fact she thinks feeding him solids will help him sleep through the night goes to show she knows NOTHING 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The first two weeks mine was having couple of spoonfuls of a different veg each day like max an ice cubensize portion- nothing added just pureed veg. Had to make sure there was no allergies!
That’s why they call it first tastes 🙄 milk is the main source until 1, you’d never know she’d done a workshop with a weaning expert, she’s such an idiot. She seems like she just expects him to be eating immediately, what is the rush 😓

The fact she thinks feeding him solids will help him sleep through the night goes to show she knows NOTHING 😂
My daughter is nearly 2 and just about going through the night but it’s not consistent. There’s so many other factors to consider. Food actually made my daughters sleep worse when we started weaning.

The woman is an idiot. Why did she bother with the Annabel Karmel masterclass?! She obviously didn’t go much on the advice if she’s just going to do her own thing because “I just had an instinct”. Course you did Ashley. A whole pouch for his first taste, what an idiot she is. Maybe Annabel should look at the types of people she’s inviting along to promote her books etc and maybe invite someone who may be a bit more appreciative and willing to take it on board.

Reactions: 12
She's just put up a q&a let's watch h her shut down anyone who dares to question her 'instinct'

Im surprised she doesn’t have a high chair (more surprised she’s decided to start weaning without one?!)
Obviously didn’t get one gifted

I just had to go back and double check… as first tastes she tried to cook CHICKEN for him 😳 For a baby, that’s not tried anything. I mean the mind boggles. She went to see a weaning expert.
And a whole pouch for a baby that’s just started weaning. I mean. What on earth!!! He’ll be up during the night with stomach pains the little guy.
the captions say carrot but she definitely says chicken?!
Then tried broccoli then a pouch… I’m not sure why she’s trying to feed him sounds like at least 2 meals a day
If he didn’t eat the chicken/carrot that’s normal 🤦‍♀️ Not a que to attempt something else on the same day

Reactions: 3
The woman is an idiot. Why did she bother with the Annabel Karmel masterclass?! She obviously didn’t go much on the advice if she’s just going to do her own thing because “I just had an instinct”. Course you did Ashley. A whole pouch for his first taste, what an idiot she is. Maybe Annabel should look at the types of people she’s inviting along to promote her books etc and maybe invite someone who may be a bit more appreciative and willing to take it on board.
on her stories she was droning on about "the advise say give veggies every couple of days blah blah blah" - Hope she wasnt having a sly dig to Annabels class and book because its not the way she wants to do it !
She comes across as quite ungrateful and will not be told or take any advise because she nows best all the time. AK books have been around for years and thousands if parents have used them to help start weaning..i think she may have a little more idea than miss rush it all !

Little tastes is all they need to start with..as some one else pointed out most start with ice cube sized portion..he'll be having a sunday roast at the weekend the rate she's going !!

I too hope Annabel gives her next masterclass to someone who will be more appreciative and get some good tips and advice from it.

She’s just full on admitted Alf can’t sit up yet? But he’s lifting his head ‘trying to sit’ all the time? Is she actually that obnoxious and thick? Even if he was ready, which he’s clearly not, she’s not even done it right? She’s asking for allergies and food intolerances later on by not trying simple foods by themselves to identify what does and doesn’t agree with his tummy? Why is she doing that to her own child like how can you hate advice from others more than you want to do right by your baby??

Reactions: 7
Just seen her answering some questions - she's said that Alf can't sit up himself on one of them, so surely starting weaning before he can sit up is a tad dangerous? I always thought they had to have more control before weaning began?
Are her mothering 'instincts' really this bad or is she just trolling everyone for a reaction?!!

Jeez she should if waited til he could sit then she could if given him some food Alf could play with learnt textures he doesn't need three meals a day right now my word she's my daily nightmare

He’s 22 weeks tomorrow - does that not count as 5.5 months? Im wondering now for my own baby, as I say they were born same week so are both 22 weeks. I was thinking of starting him at 24 weeks ?
Sorry to hop on, you should wean when they are 6 months, and showing these signs they are ready;
  • stay in a sitting position for 60 seconds unsupported and hold their head steady
  • co-ordinate their eyes, hands and mouth so they can look at the food, pick it up and put it in their mouth by themselves
  • swallow food (rather than spit it back out)
So my little one was born on the 23/01 so he will be 6 months on the 23/07. It’s counted in months rather than weeks, as most months don’t have 4 weeks in them. Hope that makes sense!

If I was her partner I would be quite offended by her ‘I don’t need a man’ posts. She’s basically saying her partner adds no value to her life and any post she does of him is always followed by ‘but I don’t need a man’. This is meant to be the love of her life and she shows no appreciation for him in any way. It’s quite sad for him really.
and according to the NHS guidelines baby has to be able to sit up independently and hold their own head up, not to mention if he fills up on solids then he’s going to miss out on his milk which will inevitably leave him hungrier 🙄
Mother’s instincts my arse, he’s not ready.

Reactions: 9
My 2nd grabbed a chip from my hand one day and we went from there! Certainly not 3 meals a day!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.