Ashley James #9 All About Ashley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is what’s weird, I followed her for her travel content when she was staying in hostels in Zanzibar etc. She would have laughed back then at anyone who didn’t leave a hotel complex and surely having a baby is the reason to get out and explore?! I remember her going on a cruise and saying she hated it because she couldn’t leave the boat and soak up the local culture etc 🤷🏻‍♀️

I love the sun but I have an 8 month old and have had to stay pasty this year 🤣 we’ve booked Greece but for October so that it’s not too hot for him and planning on island hopping and exploring each day. I can’t wait to take him!

Reactions: 13
“One day Alf, you’ll love it in there”… and what if he doesn’t? I fully believe they’ll stick him in kids clubs in the future even if he doesn’t want to be there. He’s clearly just ‘in their way’ ☹

Reactions: 14
I remember taking my 22 month old on holiday I wouldn't have put him in kids club at that age, she's taking the absolute piss! I don't think my husband and I even got to sit and finish a drink together as he was constantly on the move. He wouldn't nap or fall asleep in his pram so we had to take him in to the room for a sleep. My husband would nip to the bar and bring back drinks but I'd usually fall asleep by then. We've never allowed devices at meal times even though it makes life easier at times in the long run it becomes hard to implement proper behaviour at the table. My boys are 9 and 6 now and on our recent holiday they still didn't go in kids club but they were brilliant company and we loved being with them.

Reactions: 11
I cannot believe this woman is smuggly gloating about her intuitive, responsive parenting style when I'm not sure she can even count on two hands the number of full one-on-one days (and by that I mean no nannies, nanas, no balls or "mum friends" along to help) she has spent with her child in the last 6 months. The audacity!

Best mum in the world 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
You can just imagine what an impatient vile witch she is with that poor child when she's not doing it for the 'gram. The way she speaks about him and the continual undertone of resentment is very telling. He deserves so much better. I used to like No Balls but I've no respect for him now - he enables her selfish behaviour and can't be much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Long time lurker here, i found myself pushed into tattle from her constant sanctimonious BS!

I don’t particularly care about the watermelon, or the cheese, I don’t blame her for wanting a break and the odd day in the kids club. Like everyone else, i just can’t believe what she says about Alf. Like, i get it, parenting is SO bleeping HARD. I have 2, my 3 year old boy is such a challenge and with my 8 month old on my hip all day i feel boarder line demented by the end of the day. However, i have a group of friends who are my ‘safe zone’ i can say anything to them and i know they wont judge me.I would NEVER say some of the things she has said to an audience of 200k + followers. BIZARRE!!!!!!! It’s beyond relatability now, its just a bit awkward. Do any other influences go in on their kids like she does. Do you think she is trying to be ‘funny’? She is so bleeping dry, maybe she thinks it’s hilarious and that we are the problem. Tip Ashley, if you do read here, Its not funny!!!!

What i also find hard to take is the ridiculous naive attitudes that she’s got various stages nailed. Like in pregnancy, nailed it - until the birth and then the OMG why did no one tell me. New born, nailed it - until the poor kid needs routine and then it all goes tits up. Now its life with a toddler, ‘omg i love having a toddler, its so much more fun’. I tell you what, I’d take the tantrums of a 18 month old over a 3 year old 🤯. This shits going to fall apart when things actually get hard.

I remember at some point last year she said she’s had the best year financially that she’s ever had. She is clearly trying to capitalise on her recent success but its so gone to her head. She needs a lesson in how to be a little more humble, maybe then she’d be a bit more likeable !

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’ve seen a lot of people saying they practiced attachment parenting, but I didn’t, it just wouldn’t work for our family. As someone who practices the opposite of what Ashley is pushing down her followers throats all I say if that’s “attachment parenting” I don’t want any part of it!
It’s the same with all her attempts to “raise awareness” or whatever do more harm than good! I had a traumatic birth, 2 years down the line and after almost weekly physio I’m still waiting on my referral for surgery. It caused me to have ptsd during lockdown and it sucked. I didn’t love the early stages of being a mum, but I reall do love the toddler stage. I work full time and the juggle is hard. She’s spoken about everything I’ve just mentioned at points over the last couple years and I honestly think it does way more harm than good. She uses them for engagement not because she actually cares & everyone can see right through it!
It just annoys me so much that she is cashing in on the issues that other women are struggling with!

Reactions: 9
She’s always read here and nothing changes. She thinks she’s not the problem 😂 She has no friends. You can tell they tolerate her when they’re together but none of them like or comment on her photos or posts. Em Clarkson, Charlotte etc, haven’t liked 1 holiday post! They probably cba calling her out on various bullshit she says cos she’ll go and spill it all over insta.

Reactions: 10
She’s always read here and nothing changes. She thinks she’s not the problem 😂 She has no friends. You can tell they tolerate her when they’re together but none of them like or comment on her photos or posts. Em Clarkson, Charlotte etc, haven’t liked 1 holiday post! They probably cba calling her out on various bullshit she says cos she’ll go and spill it all over insta.
Very interesting! I agree though, she hads no friends that’s why she’s on Insta all day trying to get validated. She has no mum friends to interact and get all the annoying stuff off her chest. Yeh, we all moan about our kids but not on social media so it’s out there forever more.

so my husband and I have just got back from holiday with our 9 and 7 year old and it’s the first time they’ve ever been in the kids club!! I’ve never trusted them before but now that they can take themselves to the toilet and communicate to me or the staff and I’m more comfortable. We all had a great holiday!

I’ve seen a lot of people saying they practiced attachment parenting, but I didn’t, it just wouldn’t work for our family. As someone who practices the opposite of what Ashley is pushing down her followers throats all I say if that’s “attachment parenting” I don’t want any part of it!
Honestly Ashley does not understand attachment parenting 😂 her portrayal of it would put a lot of people off tbh

Honestly Ashley does not understand attachment parenting 😂 her portrayal of it would put a lot of people off tbh
100%. feel like it must really piss off the parents who do follow it properly. She must be giving it such a bad rep.
Nothing makes me not want to buy something like seeing Ashley promoting it on insta 😂

Reactions: 5
I found Ashley via a totsbots email, cloth nappies. I was like.. wtf. It soon became apparent from her ig that she did not use cloth nappies at all. She has jumped on the bandwagon of gentle parenting as it’s much more mainstream and because money and free tit.

Lol I found the post that led me to her “real parents” pahahaha ok

• Haha
Long time lurker here, i found myself pushed into tattle from her constant sanctimonious BS!

I don’t particularly care about the watermelon, or the cheese, I don’t blame her for wanting a break and the odd day in the kids club. Like everyone else, i just can’t believe what she says about Alf. Like, i get it, parenting is SO bleeping HARD. I have 2, my 3 year old boy is such a challenge and with my 8 month old on my hip all day i feel boarder line demented by the end of the day. However, i have a group of friends who are my ‘safe zone’ i can say anything to them and i know they wont judge me.I would NEVER say some of the things she has said to an audience of 200k + followers. BIZARRE!!!!!!! It’s beyond relatability now, its just a bit awkward. Do any other influences go in on their kids like she does. Do you think she is trying to be ‘funny’? She is so bleeping dry, maybe she thinks it’s hilarious and that we are the problem. Tip Ashley, if you do read here, Its not funny!!!!

What i also find hard to take is the ridiculous naive attitudes that she’s got various stages nailed. Like in pregnancy, nailed it - until the birth and then the OMG why did no one tell me. New born, nailed it - until the poor kid needs routine and then it all goes tits up. Now its life with a toddler, ‘omg i love having a toddler, its so much more fun’. I tell you what, I’d take the tantrums of a 18 month old over a 3 year old 🤯. This shits going to fall apart when things actually get hard.

I remember at some point last year she said she’s had the best year financially that she’s ever had. She is clearly trying to capitalise on her recent success but its so gone to her head. She needs a lesson in how to be a little more humble, maybe then she’d be a bit more likeable !
For other influencers going in on their kid, see Kate Lawler (former BB winner from 2002) 🙈

Reactions: 5
Like her portrayal of breastfeeding… thinks it makes her look like an earth mother nourishing her child from her body…. Makes it look hard, ultra demanding, tiring, clingy, then easy to stop when you want Botox

Angers me so much. Especially as attachment parenting came to me from a traumatic birth and almost losing our baby at 5 days old. She doesn’t know trauma 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
I was a super anxious child and I remember the fear on holidays that my parents would make me go to kids club and I’d have to stay there. I remember venturing to the gate one time and deciding nope that was enough and my parents never ever pushed the matter, ever, and I was so grateful for that because the thought of it terrified me. Why would you put a small child there who can’t decide for themselves? She really thinks him crying is the only way he can show discomfort so if he’s not sobbing he’s fine!? That’s not how it works. She has no idea how to parent or how to be in any way kind and nurturing, she’s too selfish and self obsessed. I’d love to be able to speak to her and say all these things, I wonder what bs she’d give back when faced with actual questions. She definitive doesn’t seem to have many close people in her life and I can understand why.

Reactions: 15
…And a very special place for people like you, Trashley. A pathetic excuse of a human who doesn’t have many positive things to say about your child (since before he was born even) and see him as nothing but an inconvenience to your narcissistic life to the point you can’t even buy him clothes that fit him or stare at him for once instead of your phone.

Attachments

Reactions: 16
…And a very special place for people like you, Trashley. A pathetic excuse of a human who doesn’t have many positive things to say about your child (since before he was born even) and see him as nothing but an inconvenience to your narcissistic life to the point you can’t even buy him clothes that fit him or stare at him for once instead of your phone.
Says the girl who has posed and surgically altered every picture of her.

she goes on she’s raising a perfect man who will respect women and be the ultra feminist, and at the same time raising a man who’s not allowed to cry. I’m married to one of them (but not allowed to cry cause it’s’girly’) and it’s awful watching him struggle with any emotion cause he doesn’t know his to work through it and was only taught not to show it

Reactions: 15
I have just come back from a 2 week holiday with my toddler… yes the holiday was different to what they used to be but it was probably the holiday filled with the most love by being there in making memories and seeing the enjoyment on their face.

I could not imagine using a complete stranger to babysit my child regardless of if they will ring when he wakes up, imagine how petrified he would be.

she hates being a mother and the more she pushes the narrative of the ‘attachment style’ parenting makes it more obvious she hates it. It doesn’t matter what style of parenting anyone chooses as long it’s safe, consistent and just common sense of their needs I.e not pushing your 18month to be left with strangers, that is what matters

Reactions: 12
The whole not letting Alf cry is really bizarre

I’m guessing he hasn’t had any toddler tantrums yet? You know the ones where they scream/cry bloody murder because you put the blue shoes on them instead of the red 🫠

i just can’t see how she would cope with that

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.