Ashley James #48 She wants her friends pyjama distance and to forget her kids existence

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lies. All lies. It’s her flippant tweet of ‘I was SA last night but I need my shoe fixing’ 🤯🤮 She is most definately a sociopath @graceanatomy. You’ve nailed it.
That has absolutely DISGUSTED me, what a revolting woman.

As someone who is a survivor, her flippancy around this subject never ceases to disgust me. Her f@cking shoes?! Expensive designer shoes were her biggest take away from that? Thank god there are decent people out there who do actually care and advocate for children and women, while those of us who have experienced real trauma quietly get on with building ourselves up and actually being a voice for women. You don’t need to sell your childrens’ privacy on social media to do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Even with physically present parents, the mental load of parenting can never be equal because even if you divide everything, the burden of things changes day to day.
Making child care choices, liasing with teachers & health professionals, buying their clothes and sorting them all out, understanding age appropriate toys and resources, an appropriate diet, understanding milestones etc etc, I’d say it’s really rare that both do these things equally, it’s not efficient. My OH naturally wouldn’t worry as much as me, he’d make faster decisions, so I make my own burden heavier too. For us it’s trying to find a balance that feels fair & doesn’t create resentment.

The thing with Ashley is, I don’t think she has the same mental load as most parents already, she outsources home management, she’s financially stable, gets free clothes, shoes & toys, has someone come and sort out the clothes and clutter etc and I don’t think she’s even capable of the level of concern that most of us have about our kids health, development, future. She also misses that it’s not always Mum as default parent, she sees Mums as everything, good dads, tit dads and single mothers with sole responsibility. SAH dad’s, single dads, dads who are carers, co-parents that don’t live together don’t exist. She doesn’t consider the sacrifice or mental load of a dad that that’s working to support their family as relevant. A dad that’s not ‘hands on’ because he’s working all hours to keep the family going and can’t be physically present isn’t a bad Dad!

There are those stuck in the dark ages, surprised at Dads spending time with their kids but maybe that’s because in their historical experience, Dads didn’t have the opportunity to do it, not because they didn’t want to. It’s not always black and white.

TLDR: she tries to be relatable but she doesn’t get it, she’s too busy with her privilege, on her high horse with her narrow view.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
She is the worst empowerment life coach ever. Yes your life worked out perfect, what do you say to someone whose life didn’t??
I don’t think it did though, she seems really miserable to me. She was unhappy without a man (despite protesting otherwise) so moved in the first one she could find. Then she was still unhappy so had a baby. Then she was still unhappy- must be because her baby is a boy right? So had another baby. Still unhappy so moved to London desperately chasing her pre babies and pre baby daddy life.

Just my take on it anyway.

I find generally the people who have to plaster how perfect their lives are all over social media are not the ones out there living happy and fulfilled lives.

Reactions: 30
I don’t think it did though, she seems really miserable to me. She was unhappy without a man (despite protesting otherwise) so moved in the first one she could find. Then she was still unhappy so had a baby. Then she was still unhappy- must be because her baby is a boy right? So had another baby. Still unhappy so moved to London desperately chasing her pre babies and pre baby daddy life.

Just my take on it anyway.

I find generally the people who have to plaster how perfect their lives are all over social media are not the ones out there living happy and fulfilled lives.
I totally agree with this. She’s pretending to be happy.

But it’s the way she says to everyone ‘if you’re unhappy now just know that it will all be ok in 10 yrs time bcoz it all worked out for me’
Some1 can be desperately trying for a baby and 10 yrs later still not have that much wanted baby. It doesn’t always work out for everyone the way they want it to no matter what Ashley says.

Reactions: 20
The budding independent feminist who thinks men hold no value in society has made herself look completely reliant on a man, and incapable of doing anything by herself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I totally agree with this. She’s pretending to be happy.

But it’s the way she says to everyone ‘if you’re unhappy now just know that it will all be ok in 10 yrs time bcoz it all worked out for me’
Some1 can be desperately trying for a baby and 10 yrs later still not have that much wanted baby. It doesn’t always work out for everyone the way they want it to no matter what Ashley says.
Oh yes I see what you mean. She is completely tone deaf and deluded - as per!

Reactions: 5
Still waiting on anything that shows how her life is any different in London vs Essex.

Reactions: 10
Just noticed this comment from earth mother Ash on Bethsandlands IG post for her son's 1st birthday ...what about those delicious cupcakes you ruined made with Alf 😜

IMG_0429.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Even with physically present parents, the mental load of parenting can never be equal because even if you divide everything, the burden of things changes day to day.
Making child care choices, liasing with teachers & health professionals, buying their clothes and sorting them all out, understanding age appropriate toys and resources, an appropriate diet, understanding milestones etc etc, I’d say it’s really rare that both do these things equally, it’s not efficient. My OH naturally wouldn’t worry as much as me, he’d make faster decisions, so I make my own burden heavier too. For us it’s trying to find a balance that feels fair & doesn’t create resentment.
This!!!! My husband is amazing but you just can’t split the mental load. It doesn’t work. My brain is a neverending to-do-list. And he’ll never truly understand the burden of that because he doesn’t worry like I do.

I’d love to know how that works in Ashley’s house. I do wonder if that’s why so many things slip through the cracks with their kids. Because no-one is really focused on them. Everything seems to be last minute and chaotic. Their kids will forever be an afterthought.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
This!!!! My husband is amazing but you just can’t split the mental load. It doesn’t work. My brain is a neverending to-do-list. And he’ll never truly understand the burden of that because he doesn’t worry like I do.

I’d love to know how that works in Ashley’s house. I do wonder if that’s why so many things slip through the cracks with their kids. Because no-one is really focused on them. Everything seems to be last minute and chaotic. Their kids will forever be an afterthought.
My OH says ‘why does it take so long to do a shop, just get the same stuff?’, and that’s what he’d do. I’ll be working out our schedule for meal planning, checking offers, price per kg, what we need to top up on, nutrition, space in the freezer…so even the same task wouldn’t be and equal process. That’s on me, not his fault.

Ashley and TNB it seems don’t even select what Hello Fresh meals are coming, it’s more about who’s physically responsible for the kids and tasks. That’s the easier part for us. She’s not listed anything that’s more mental than practical.
Like you say, they sort themselves out then make the kids fit around it as it comes up. That neither of them considered childcare before before choosing a house or thought about a dentist confirms it for me.

Reactions: 15
My OH says ‘why does it take so long to do a shop, just get the same stuff?’, and that’s what he’d do. I’ll be working out our schedule for meal planning, checking offers, price per kg, what we need to top up on, nutrition, space in the freezer…so even the same task wouldn’t be and equal process. That’s on me, not his fault.

Ashley and TNB it seems don’t even select what Hello Fresh meals are coming, it’s more about who’s physically responsible for the kids and tasks. That’s the easier part for us. She’s not listed anything that’s more mental than practical.
Like you say, they sort themselves out then make the kids fit around it as it comes up. That neither of them considered childcare before before choosing a house or thought about a dentist confirms it for me.
The whole move and layout of the new place/ all the stairs etc screams that the kids are NOT the priority here doesn’t it 🥴

Reactions: 13