Ashley James #43 Loathsome and offensive on a daily basis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Happy Mother’s Day to me”
A ridiculous diatribe projecting her own feelings about motherhood under the guise of “society” again.
I’m so glad I don’t live in this world she has created.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
McDonald’s - the place you walk into and there’s rowdy excited kids EVERYWHERE. They aren’t glued to phones!!! duck

Reactions: 17
Whenever I see TNB, he makes me think of that annoying Head and Shoulders ad
‘I didn’t know you had dandruff’
‘I don’t’
…repeat ad nauseum

• Haha
Alf looks so expressionless giving his mum a present, it’s quite sad to see. Also her caption…since when is being a mum ‘poo-pooed’ in society? Once again she’s projecting her insecurities about being a mother on everyone else.

Reactions: 26
Alf looks so expressionless giving his mum a present, it’s quite sad to see. Also her caption…since when is being a mum ‘poo-pooed’ in society? Once again she’s projecting her insecurities about being a mother on everyone else.
I have multiple ND children and Alf asking ‘do you want to open it? Do you want to open it? Do you want to open it?’ like he’s stuck on loop reminds me of my own. He’s expressionless, monotone and very stoic. Bless his heart. Makes me angry she won’t get him help going forwards 💔

• Heart
bleeping hell a phone each in McDonalds! WTF do they need that to eat a happy meal ffs?! It’s literally the most kid friendly dining option out there, sing a song, chat, mess about putting fries up your nose, but there’s zero reason to resort to a screen for the 15-20 minutes you’d even be in there! They are both so utterly joyless, crap articles as parents. And now we see that Ada is also unable to eat in their company without the use of a screen. She’s ONE.

Plus TNB is eating a wrap again. His pathetic floppy wrap energy makes me feel unwell.
---
What is the POINT of this?
A newborn baby’s memory capacity had been compared to the amount of information that can fill six Libraries of Congress. On its own that fact demonstrates that the capacity for human flourishing is infinite and, if parents nurture their child’s intelligence and capabilities in the right direction, they can unlock a significant proportion of IQ*. Training a child to gaze vacantly into a black mirror for the sake of convenience/a quiet life desperately diminishes their potential. They can be engaged in so many ways at Alf and Ada’s age. For heaven’s sake, I spent two hours retelling the story of the Iliad to a six month old who could barely hold up their head, and they were transfixed by the rise and fall, tone and timbre of my voice.
It’s completely Ok to be childfree. I am. I’m having an operation in several months that will erase my fertility (I’m having several periods a week, and I just can’t go on like this). Ashley knew that she wasn’t maternal. She showed her resentment for the drudgery of motherhood toward Alf. But then she deliberately went on to have a second, and she’s repeating her negative displacement and reinforcement habits with Ada. They’re her children. She can’t give them back. She doesn’t get a do-over. That’s it. She needs to step up.

*IQ is incredibly problematic, due to its centering of white, Western males as the acme of intelligence, whilst people of colour are routinely deemed to score poorly on said tests; in the US, proponents of IQ tests claim African-American individuals have an IQ that is on average 10% lower than the white population. Until that’s addressed, though, I’m not sure what we can use as a non-colonial, standardised measure of intelligence.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I bet they didn’t get a happy meal. She doesn’t like spending money on them unless she has to. Bet she got one chicken nuggets and chips for them to share. And if a child can’t eat nuggets and chips without a screen, she has a real problem. And she can’t use the excuse that she and Tommy wanted a bit of peace and quiet to chat. They are in McDonald’s!! You couldn’t make it up. They are so useless.

Reactions: 28
So Alf has his own phone then at 3? Now #Ad has one?? In McDonald's??? Wtaf?

I imagine they were sat on a separate table with their own meals and threw a few scraps over for the kids 🤔😡

Reactions: 16
Awww Alfie doesn’t feature in her Mother’s Day post :( I mean I’m not surprised but still, that’s so sad.

• Sad
  • Wow
This is spot on. Society doesn’t look down on mothers, SHE does.

Whenever I see TNB, he makes me think of that annoying Head and Shoulders ad
‘I didn’t know you had dandruff’
‘I don’t’
…repeat ad nauseum
Yes!!! Totally this, a bloody annoying advert much like P.E. kit Tommy no balls

Reactions: 8
Her internalised misogyny runs strong and she writes such long, waffly captions that she can’t help revealing herself almost every time.

Reactions: 16
I see Ashley is greeting on about mothers being expected to blah blah words words. Nobody MADE or TOLD me to become a mum, there was no societal pressure whatsoever. The only pressure came from me. To the outside I was sorted, had chosen not to have children when it was actually the opposite.

This whole being expected not to act like a mum…the world has moved on quite a bit in terms of offering flexibility in the workplace (some, not all). Perhaps Ashley should consider the things she expects to play out and the things that help her to be a working mum. You know, childcare practitioners will likely become mums themselves - if we work by Ashley’s standards maybe they should refuse to work around their own childcare or school run needs. How’s that going to work for your 7.30 drop off and 6pm pick up Ash? She’d have a problem if she went to hospital one weekend night and the only clinical and auxiliary staff were men, because all the women who are mums were at home being, well, mums. The point is, those of us who have to work want and need equality of course, but there is also a job to be done, services to offer that aren’t always mum friendly. The good news is we are paid to be there and nobody is making us. The other good news is we have choices and if the industry you’re chosen to work in no longer works once you become a mum, because you WANT to spend time with your child/children, there is always opportunity to transfer skills and move to another. I would quite like to finish work at 2.30pm every day but, alas, I wouldn’t be able to meet the needs of my client base, so 6pm it is!

Actually disgusted at her McDonald’s post, she’s clearly mocking it and expecting her audience to almost join in on the ‘joke’ that is being taken there on Mother’s Day. How dare she. There are some families who are more than happy with that, who don’t have the means to eat elsewhere, who have children whose sensory needs means McD’s is a safe place in terms of food, who actually enjoy eating there, who don’t have the luxury of grifting everything. But I can bet most of those families actually enjoy their time with their children and don’t shove screens in front of them. I see Ada has swapped her boob for a screen now too.

Looks like they’re on the road, no doubt en route to see TNB’s bestie prancing on ice.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
bleeping hell McDonald’s takes all of 15 minutes to eat and comes with an actual TOY! Why on earth do both kids need to be watching something. It’s like two 15 year olds have been left babysitting and haven’t got a clue how to talk or interact with them. She pulled the ND card for Alf but what will perfect Ada’s excuse be?!
Awful Alfie probably distracts her
---
I have multiple ND children and Alf asking ‘do you want to open it? Do you want to open it? Do you want to open it?’ like he’s stuck on loop reminds me of my own. He’s expressionless, monotone and very stoic. Bless his heart. Makes me angry she won’t get him help going forwards 💔
My 5 year old was opening my present (from a wonderful PTA sale at school where they take £2 and choose a gift in the school day last week ❤) - of course I let him open it. Small joys for excited children who can’t wait.

Wait until they’re teenagers Ash. My 16 year old hasn’t acknowledged the day AT ALL and honestly it’s really upset me and had me questioning if I’ve gone wrong with raising him.
---
This sums it up for her. As long as she is happy (read: spoilt) then it’s all okay. duck anyone else and especially the boy child.

IMG_0468.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
I bet they didn’t get a happy meal. She doesn’t like spending money on them unless she has to. Bet she got one chicken nuggets and chips for them to share.
Yep, that’s an extra value meal split between the two of them.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.