Ashley James #39 Fighting the patriarchy one breast out at a time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she wittering about whether its ok to take kids out into cold fresh air when she takes them out in a pushchair unstrapped in? She's bleeping ridiculous and the sleeping in the doona is dangerous, what if one mother who follows her and has an unsettled baby does this and something happens to that baby? She'll say that Ashley James does it so she thought it would be ok

Reactions: 16
When my eldest was a baby I used to let him sleep in his car seat. But guidelines changed since then because we realised how dangerous it was.
he also had a drop side cot 😬 a moved to a booster seat in the car at 3. He survived but I still feel guilty at the many ways he was put at risk because I didn’t know better.
I can’t imagine knowing the risks and still doing those things! You’d think after trusting her *instincts* leaving Alf on the bed and him falling off would have made her reasses those instincts but no. Shows how little she cares about her kids

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Either Jasmine hasn’t bothered bringing a pram out for Coco because she can walk, or Tommys pushing it, which would be weird 😂 But the fact that Coco can walk places yet Alf still can’t is so sad. He is literally shoehorned into that pram and looks ridiculous

Reactions: 11
When my eldest was a baby I used to let him sleep in his car seat. But guidelines changed since then because we realised how dangerous it was.
he also had a drop side cot 😬 a moved to a booster seat in the car at 3. He survived but I still feel guilty at the many ways he was put at risk because I didn’t know better.
I can’t imagine knowing the risks and still doing those things! You’d think after trusting her *instincts* leaving Alf on the bed and him falling off would have made her reasses those instincts but no. Shows how little she cares about her kids
That’s the thing, you didn’t know the risks! These people that apparently have done their research and are aware of the safety guidelines around, sleep, car seats etc, yet still choose to do the opposite. I just do not know how they can justify it. If anything happened and it was their fault for blatantly ignoring all advise, I don’t know how they could live with themselves?

Reactions: 13
Same! My eldest was born in 2007 and went forward facing in the car (3 point harness) as soon as he outgrew the infant carrier, then to a high back booster. He sometimes wore a coat in the car. He also had a drop side cot, with a bumper.

That was ‘normal’ in 2007 and I was 22 with no easy/constant access to internet or awareness of why these things weren’t safe - because everyone did them.

Over the years I’ve realised what is actually safe, thanks to wider updated research, my own learning, and others sharing things like safe sleep and ERF seats. When my youngest was born I was 33, more confident in my parenting, and had more knowledge.

I feel sick thinking of my skinny like a bean pole first child in a high back booster, at the age my now 5 year old is still rear facing (in a seat that I struggled to afford, but I made it happen because I want my children to be safe above all else). Because I now better understand what safe looks like.

She has NO excuse. She has ample resources - the money, the time, the ability to research and/or consult experts. Yet her children come bottom of the pile, as usual.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Either Jasmine hasn’t bothered bringing a pram out for Coco because she can walk, or Tommys pushing it, which would be weird 😂 But the fact that Coco can walk places yet Alf still can’t is so sad. He is literally shoehorned into that pram and looks ridiculous
Tbf Ashley’s got about 18 that Coco can borrow.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Same! My eldest was born in 2007 and went forward facing in the car (3 point harness) as soon as he outgrew the infant carrier, then to a high back booster. He sometimes wore a coat in the car. He also had a drop side cot, with a bumper.

That was ‘normal’ in 2007 and I was 22 with no easy/constant access to internet or awareness of why these things weren’t safe - because everyone did them.

Over the years I’ve realised what is actually safe, thanks to wider updated research, my own learning, and others sharing things like safe sleep and ERF seats. When my youngest was born I was 33, more confident in my parenting, and had more knowledge.

I feel sick thinking of my skinny like a bean pole first child in a high back booster, at the age my now 5 year old is still rear facing (in a seat that I struggled to afford, but I made it happen because I want my children to be safe above all else). Because I now better understand what safe looks like.

She has NO excuse. She has ample resources - the money, the time, the ability to research and/or consult experts. Yet her children come bottom of the pile, as usual.
Completely agree. My child is younger than your eldest, but still as a newborn and baby we used a car seat that went into the pram base for longer periods than they would now. I feel sick now when I look at picture of their little body almost bent forward while they slept, neck slouched forward pressing into their chest. I still feel guilty even though I knew no better and actual research didn’t demonstrate it as unsafe. I remember scrambling to get blind chords fixed to the wall after reading a tragic story about the risks. The point being, back then there were no influencers in the way there are now. We relied on evidence based research offered to us by the appropriate people. It some instances it hadn’t been done, but we did our best to keep up to date. The worst part now is that a lot more research has been done and safety/risk advice very readily available. The rub here is that there are also influencers like Ash, who undermine all the hard work that science, evidence based researchers have done in one stupid post and whose ridiculous advice or perceived advice is far more accessible. Sadly there are many people out there who don’t think critically, who wouldn’t think to check that being put to sleep in a Doona is safe and simply follow suit. There are many who would do it just to they could share the story with whichever influencer they idolise in order to get that fix of engagement. The quicker these influencers are heavily regulated the better. And as it’s my favourite subject, the sooner legislation is written to stop children being exploited by their parents, the better.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So when people's babies fall asleep on a car journey, do you not bring the car seat in and let them sleep longer? Even if they are positioned well and have the monitor directly on them with no blankets etc?
Do you wake them up after the car journey to get them out?
I didn't realise this was so bad. I don't have a doona but if my little one falls asleep in the car I usually bring her into the house in the car seat. She's 1 now

Reactions: 5
Poor Alf’s hair being looked after was short-lived 😔

But it’s okay, she let him choose a bobble. Good job he didn’t ask for a boy colour.

03B071EB-448D-4C20-AF56-87EEE7D8485B.jpeg

---

So when people's babies fall asleep on a car journey, do you not bring the car seat in and let them sleep longer? Even if they are positioned well and have the monitor directly on them with no blankets etc?
I didn't realise this was so bad. I don't have a doona but if my little one falls asleep in the car I usually bring her into the house in the car seat. She's 1 now
Yes, I think most parents would do that, for a limited time and supervised.

Would you put the doona in a bedroom and put your 10 month old in it, unsupervised, for nighttime though? Ada couldn’t be seen on the monitor.

It’s one of a loooooong list of things Ashley has done which are (potentially) dangerous, and she’s shared them to her ‘influencer’ page with no mention of safe sleep.

Reactions: 12
Imagine being this exhausting 😵💫 Just shut up!

View attachment 2704483
Christ! Still running with this. Using Alf to try and debate gender stereotypes. You can bet she chose the pink bobble & probably drummed into him to call the pink one Alf and the blue one Ada.

And a bit rich having a pop at William for having help when neither her or TNB can function without help/or childcare. ‘No shade’- why mention it then?

Reactions: 16
Christ! Still running with this. Using Alf to try and debate gender stereotypes. You can bet she chose the pink bobble & probably drummed into him to call the pink one Alf and the blue one Ada.

And a bit rich having a pop at William for having help when neither her or TNB can function without help/or childcare. ‘No shade’- why mention it then?
I find it funny he's wearing a blue jumper

Reactions: 9
IMG_6487.jpeg

Does anyone else feel SO uncomfortable with the bullying strangers experienced from Ashley James? 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Ad has almost exclusively worn frills, dresses, bows and florals since she was a newborn. Ash is in no position to lecture people on gender stereotypes 🙄

Reactions: 27
Yes, of course. Mine would have woke the minute I lifted the car seat, so I’d have sat in the car and let them sleep a while. You do not specifically put them into the car seat so that they fall asleep and then leave them in the bedroom for their nighttime sleep though.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.