Ashley James #28 my body is Ada’s home, Alf’s is down the road

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That pic of Alf in the chair strapped to the wall. So sad. He looks so unhappy. He's way too big for that seat too. It's cruel. I wish I could give him a big cuddle

Reactions: 16
I'm actually really surprised she is encouraging him to kiss her and say he loves her. I thought she would know how damaging that can be to kids when they're told to show affection.

Reactions: 11
I'm sure she's sharing the content with Alf pretty much on top of Ada again because we comment on it, but honestly how on earth can she think that's appropriate? I don't know anyone else with children who would allow that to continue (much less just film it for her stories) - she doesn't have a clue how to look after either of her children

Reactions: 12
I don’t really understand why they moved to Brentwood when they know no one there, and she isn’t prepared to make new friends.

But then I suppose they couldn’t afford London, and Frinton isn’t cool enough/too far a commute for when TNB can’t work in the shed.
I think she could have afforded London - wouldn’t have the huge house but she still has her flat as well as this £1m+ property.

I think Tommy Tickle is a spoilt mummy’s boy. Nana wanted a grandchild and he told Ash how much help and childcare they’d get with being closer to her.

She was also probably naive about moving out of London (most people are). You view a massive house and they sell you the “only 20mins to Liverpool Street” and “the Elizabeth line is coming” lines. You think it’s the same as being on the tube in zone 3 or 4 but in reality it’s just not London. People don’t come and visit the way you think they might. You realise it’s actually quite a big trip with kids to “pop” back to town and people stop going back and forth as often.

She moved for the house and help, but resents the sacrifices that these things come with.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think she could have afforded London - wouldn’t have the huge house but she still has her flat as well as this £1m+ property.

I think Tommy Tickle is a spoilt mummy’s boy. Nana wanted a grandchild and he told Ash how much help and childcare they’d get with being closer to her.

She was also probably naive about moving out of London (most people are). You view a massive house and they sell you the “only 20mins to Liverpool Street” and “the Elizabeth line is coming” lines. You think it’s the same as being on the tube in zone 3 or 4 but in reality it’s just not London. People don’t come and visit the way you think they might. You realise it’s actually quite a big trip with kids to “pop” back to town and people stop going back and forth as often.

She moved for the house and help, but resents the sacrifices that these things come with.
That’s the thing, she expected everyone to go to her in Essex (cos Narc) from London and they’ve finally realised she’s not worth the trek.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think she saw friends in London much either though. It’s quite unusual that a 35yr old woman had so few friends at a similar stage of life in a place like London. Even if you’re someone without a big social network, most people lean on acquaintances and make new friends in the postnatal period (yes, even in lockdown!!)

Here’s an idea
Pop the boob back inside once you’ve finished feeding instead of sitting there with it all hanging out 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It doesn't matter where she lives, she wouldn't make friends as she's far too self obsessed, and wouldn't put the effort in.

Has she got loads of friends in Battersea with kids? I don't think so, her only mum friend is her bestie in Cambridge. So what she really means is it would be nice to live closer to my friends so I can go out while TNB stays home with the kids.

She's made no effort to make friends in Brentwood. No baby groups or activities where you meet others in the same position and possibly become friends who spend weekends together, mum's nights out etc.

Reactions: 7
So Alf’s trying to ‘breastfeed her’.

1) I didn’t realise Alf was lactating. Grade A Ash strikes again.
2) HOW CAN SHE NOT SEE ALF IS SO DEVOID OF HER ATTENTION so this is a sorely desperate attempt at getting it ffs

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I know of at least four (Facebook) friends from primary school who live in the same town as Ash with kids almost the exact same ages as hers. They’ve all made mum friends locally through NCT, baby classes, nursery etc. Maybe if she looked further afield than fellow ‘celeb’ Lucy Meck, she’d realise there’s loads of other mums around (surprise surprise!) and make some friends.

Not much instinct for Ash yet again missing that kids can regress at the time of big changes and maybe he's thought well my sister gets mummy's attention doing that so I'll do it too. She's a tit and a shite mother.

Reactions: 10
I know of at least four (Facebook) friends from primary school who live in the same town as Ash with kids almost the exact same ages as hers. They’ve all made mum friends locally through NCT, baby classes, nursery etc. Maybe if she looked further afield than fellow ‘celeb’ Lucy Meck, she’d realise there’s loads of other mums around (surprise surprise!) and make some friends.
Lucy Meck doesn't even want to be her friend

• Haha
Reactions: 8
But she wouldn’t! I think she sees herself above it all. Don’t forget: she’s not a regular mum, she’s a cool mum.

Reactions: 8
Didn't she go for coffee with swim mums once and then came back and posted stuff like she thought mums would be boring etc. I remember reading it thinking you're never going to be asked again

I can’t get over how different her face looks from the photo of her with Alf as a baby at the swimming pool and now with Ad. I’d be asking for a refund!

• Haha
I don’t really understand why they moved to Brentwood when they know no one there, and she isn’t prepared to make new friends.

But then I suppose they couldn’t afford London, and Frinton isn’t cool enough/too far a commute for when TNB can’t work in the shed.

Just seems weird that an Essex boy who actually seems to be able to make friends as a functioning adult, doesn’t have any local mates - unless they all dislike her.
Ryan 🥰😘🥰😘😍 lives there (part time)
---
Alf looks so miserable again!!! I’m starting the think he actually hates her

Reactions: 7
Says it all that the three of them are sitting playing happy families in the back of the ride with Poor Alf ‘driving’ alone in the front looking miserable 💔

• Sad
Says it all that the three of them are sitting playing happy families in the back of the ride with Poor Alf ‘driving’ alone in the front looking miserable 💔
Exactly, why couldn't one of them sit in the front with him? They're both so callous.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.