Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
When you watch some of the people in the influencer game who have actually got famous by producing content, rather than the likes of Ash who have got famous for nothing and then desperately tried to cling on to it using (often really inauthentic) content, the contrast is really, really striking.

Take Lottie Drynan, Birds Papaya, even Em Clarkson who I followed for ages before even realising who her dad was.

they’re all problematic at times with insidious ads, sneaky freebies and set unrealistic expectations, thanks to pre-records etc. But at least some of what they produce is genuine (see Em’s latest post about her changing post-partum body).

Reactions: 5

Figgy Fig

Alf is such a sweet little child, the way he says “Baby Ada” :love: but he looks shattered. I sincerely hope he is okay.

• Heart

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
so sorry to hear you had such a tough time. I didn’t know how to TW/ protect that and in hindsight I should have done. Avoid her Instagram for the foreseeable, protect yourself xx
Oh no don’t worry! We all write things on here that we then realise in hindsight we could have put behind a spoiler or added a warning to x

No_f_in_clue

Chatty Member
Yes she’s an OFSTED registered childminder, she works from somewhere else (not putting where but we know where) with another childminder.

I can’t believe we can know this from what Ashley has shared. We even know her name.

There are a few childminders near me who only do term time. It’s more widely seen when their own children have grown up and are secondary age or older.
I thought you had to work from your own home/a domestic setting for at least 50% of the time as a childminder....

Reactions: 4

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
We’re a vegetarian household and my 2yo will happily eat cheese and yoghurt but has never liked cows milk. She *exclusively* only drinks Alpro Growing Up Soya milk and boob 😂 so I don’t think it’s uncommon for kids without allergies to dislike cows milk, however as he drinks the Oat version and there are so many other options out there she could easily buy a different brand. So beggy 😫
I hadn’t noticed it was the oat one! That’s hard enough to find in the bloody UK, let alone France 🤣

reminds me of the roald dahl quote

“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”

the opposite of this is true for Ashley.
I wish I could feel like that - Ashley is so pretty. I wish I had a straight nose, blue eyes and symmetrical face. I feel ugly most days (all days), despite my #bekind thoughts. Most
influencers we moan about on Tattle are white, blonde, pale eyes and pretty - it sells. No one would look twice at me, so I wouldn’t be able to flog AllPlants or the other crap she is paid to advertise. I wouldn’t put my kids in the platform, but it seems like such an easy way to make money and be at home.

Anyway, pity party over, time to make tea do the littles.

• Heart

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
The one I have most trauma with is the one I probably worry about too much. I can’t let him out of my sight..not even with grandparents. I understand that guilt so much 💔 I could never discard him the way she has with Alf because of the birth. As someone has said - the trauma is so much more deeper than the birth. It’s motherhood as a whole which imo is totally different. She needs help!
It’s the fear of what *could* happen because of what *almost* happened or *did* happen isn’t it? The worst case scenario *has* happened for someone who has survived a trauma, so it’s not a maybe. It’s a reality.

I didn’t leave mine with anyone at all until 9 months old when I went back to work. Then my PTSD showed itself and I absolutely crumbled.

He starts school this year and my goodness that is a trigger I didn’t expect.

• Heart
I’m more concerned that she’s going to drop Baby Girl.
Was Alf deliberately cropped out of the picture or is that just an edited version?
I cropped him out this time.
---
Sorry @InTheDollsHouse , cross-posted!
---
The floor looks all wonky like it’s been photoshopped, but I think that’s actually just the paving in this case 😅😅😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart

aggytha

VIP Member
We’re a vegetarian household and my 2yo will happily eat cheese and yoghurt but has never liked cows milk. She *exclusively* only drinks Alpro Growing Up Soya milk and boob 😂 so I don’t think it’s uncommon for kids without allergies to dislike cows milk, however as he drinks the Oat version and there are so many other options out there she could easily buy a different brand. So beggy 😫

LoTiLu

Chatty Member
@SassyLad8 Can you elaborate at all?

How is “all of” what I said offensive? Even the bit where I acknowledge IG isn’t an appropriate way to diagnose and that we don’t have all the info?

Are the signs in Alf listed offensive to mention?

Genuinely curious as i have ASD family members and see some similarities with both Alf and Ash but would love to know how I might express myself in a way that isn’t inappropriate.

Yes, I can elaborate. I’m HFA myself and have had to go through a very difficult life with numerous misconceptions re: my mental/intellectual state due to such generalisations as the ones you posted. If you have met one autistic person, you have met one autistic person, as we say in the community. The kinds of generalisations you are making are out of date and are not representative of both sexes - autism presents differently in men/boys from women/girls, and should not be casually diagnosed on a gossip site. Perpetuating such unhelpful tropes prolongs the stigma that I and numerous others face on a daily basis and makes us have to mask in order to avoid censure and disapprobation.
We have no idea whether Ms James conforms to any such criteria, or if these characteristics have been isolated due to her desire to show her life to the lumpenproletariat in a particular way. Influencers and reality television ‘stars’ present fictitious characters, orchestrated by the producers and managers, which are designed to evoke sympathy, envy, dislike et cetera. Though Ms James is utterly clueless when it comes to child rearing and is noxiously self-absorbed, it doesn’t automatically follow that she has ASD. Nor is it possible to impose a diagnosis upon a two year old child in the limited images, videos etc that we have of him.
The autism community needs and deserves sensitivity and understanding, rather than being a dumping ground for ‘behaviour that I do not understand/like’. This is all that I have to say on the matter.
I feel like this should be pinned to every thread on tattle!! ❤

• Heart