Ashley James #22 Welcome to the world Baby Thumb, earning money is job number one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s not for me to judge what a person finds traumatic, what they should be able to process etc but I do get the impression that Ash’s trauma isn’t just from the actual birth but what Alf’s birth brought with it. The shock of the huge life shift, loss of independence, feeling regret, facing her inadequacies etc She made such a big thing of breastfeeding because in her mind it meant she was successfully providing for Alf. She went downhill around 6 months because he was needing more than just fed and changed, moving around more; she realised how out of her depth she was. She attached the trauma to the birth because then it’s someone else’s fault, not her own naivety. You can never know until you’re there how life changing a baby is, it’s understandable and common, i’d have no problem if she admitted that, but “I’ve done my research, it’s instinct’ Ash could never So it’s “birth trauma”.
May be way off the mark but rings true to me.
I think you could be right but personally I'm still more inclined to believe that she made up having birth trauma for content. Narcissists lie to get attention and that's Ashley all over. I'm not saying her birth with Alf was perfect but you can have an unpleasant birth without it being traumatic (speaking from experience). It's not that I don't believe someone couldn't have been traumatised by the birth experience she had with Alf, but I just don't buy that she was genuinely traumatised herself. She's just not a very good liar.

Reactions: 20
The one I have most trauma with is the one I probably worry about too much. I can’t let him out of my sight..not even with grandparents. I understand that guilt so much 💔 I could never discard him the way she has with Alf because of the birth. As someone has said - the trauma is so much more deeper than the birth. It’s motherhood as a whole which imo is totally different. She needs help!
It’s the fear of what *could* happen because of what *almost* happened or *did* happen isn’t it? The worst case scenario *has* happened for someone who has survived a trauma, so it’s not a maybe. It’s a reality.

I didn’t leave mine with anyone at all until 9 months old when I went back to work. Then my PTSD showed itself and I absolutely crumbled.

He starts school this year and my goodness that is a trigger I didn’t expect.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ashley did not have a traumatic birth. She was home mere hours after and all of her content in the first few months was how great everything was. She has seen how *actually* traumatic births create content and engagement from followers (like Louise Thompson) and she is just jumping on the bandwagon to help fun her non-maternity leave, maternity leave.

Reactions: 21
I find it a strange sentiment. I love my babies (obviously 😅), but I’d sooner relive today than the day I met my youngest (she is ten months). Newborns don’t do much. Today she’s a happy giggly little bundle of joy and I got to spend the day playing with my older children too. Watching my eldest read to his baby sister, doing all the silly voices. Cuddling my middle child to sleep. That’s magic. Why would I want to relive being stuck in a hospital bed, away from my family? It was wonderful meeting my baby, but yeah…just not the day I’d choose to re-do if I had to pick one 🤷🏻‍♀️

Beyond heartbreaking to say when you’ve got multiple children.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It must really suck for those NHS midwives that have to see Ash publicly keep spouting what an awful experience they provided her with when she had Alf. She gets to say whatever she likes about them refusing her pain relief and stitching her up wrong and they have absolutely no right to reply or they break patient confidentiality and lose their jobs. Would love to hear their version of events!

I think you could be right but personally I'm still more inclined to believe that she made up having birth trauma for content. Narcissists lie to get attention and that's Ashley all over. I'm not saying her birth with Alf was perfect but you can have an unpleasant birth without it being traumatic (speaking from experience). It's not that I don't believe someone couldn't have been traumatised by the birth experience she had with Alf, but I just don't buy that she was genuinely traumatised herself. She's just not a very good liar.
Let’s be honest, she just had a normal (albeit car crash) birth with Alf. Most of us didn’t exactly have a trip to Disneyland with our first labours. But she’s a narcissist so she’s had to paint herself out the be a victim because god forbid it wasn’t picture (Instagram) perfect. This one however she’s managed to meticulously plan out to be insta ready. From the hotel stay, to laying back with perfect hair whilst the consultant performed the c section. I don’t believe for one second she has one maternal bone in her body. Her children are accessories and her form of income. Just look at that disgusting remark about only wanting to relive the day she had Ada. She doesn’t care. I just feel deeply sorry for the children who will most likely be emotionally discarded when they can’t live up to Ashleys narcissistic expectations.

• Heart
As I’ve said before, it’s not the dog’s fault.
Ms James referred to Snoop as her ‘first born’. She sent him back and forth when she got ‘unexpectedly’ pregnant, from her parents’ to her grandparents’ house and back to her own - and then back again. The dog was used to sleeping in her bed and being the centre of attention - and then he was unceremoniously dumped. *Then* she brought him back and spent her time filming his interactions with a baby/toddler - and didn’t bother to teach Alf how to behave around dogs, not to grab at them, put his face on them, take their toys etc - and let Snoop sleep in Alf’s pram and take the higher position on the sofa. The poor animal is terminally confused - and his bloody ‘mother’ thinks shoving it phone at both of them, rather than closely supervising their behaviour, is just so terribly funny. The poor dog doesn’t know which way he’s facing, and Alf is bewildered because he hasn’t been taught how to handle a dog gently.
This is all on that bleeping useless woman, Ms James. The dog and the child are the victims in this.
I agree- behavioural problems in dogs are NOT the dogs fault it will ALWAYS be the owners - am sick of the animals getting the blame 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I was just thinking that if her attachment and relationship with Alfie is already that tit, one good thing is that he won't be as affected by the fact that he was immediately sent off to other caregivers as soon as Baby Ad arrived.

A very sad silver lining tbh.

Reactions: 8
Borrowing part of a post from the Hinch thread here - no plagiarism from me so all credit to @indentifiesasahooman for the original about Hinch and her boys.

How similar does this part of it sound to Ashley and her feelings about Alf, and the bit about someone dashing in is so like Tommy’s mum - I was reminded of this when I read that awful Snoop stuff on the old thread, Tommy was away for work and his mum turned up apparently unexpectedly after all the terrifying posts from Ash.

EF1C6AE7-582E-44A5-BE6D-489EAB257CC7.jpeg

Reactions: 11
Sick of her posting undeclared ads with that vintage pink ring under the pretence of “protect her heart” she’s so disingenuous. Even if she did pay for that one it’s still part of a collection she had with the brand and if any (fool) buys anything else from her collection she’d make money from it and she bloody knows it.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Sick of her posting undeclared ads with that vintage pink ring under the pretence of “protect her heart” she’s so disingenuous. Even if she did pay for that one it’s still part of a collection she had with the brand and if any (fool) buys anything else from her collection she’d make money from it and she bloody knows it.
Who’s protecting poor Alfs heart?!?!

• Sad
Reactions: 18
But Alfie was just the practice child, the first pancake, the one she never wanted. First he's male (how dare he) and secondly his birth traumatised her.

He was always practice for the real thing. Poor pancake Alf.
The resentment for Alf started well before the birth didn’t it. Her face when they did the reveal and it was “ blue”. She was genuinely appalled/ disgusted.

Reactions: 20
Arghhhh she makes me so mad! The narratives she weaves are so fake. Alf’s life started off “perfect” too with a great birth etc… even though she never wanted him in the first place. And look where he’s ended up. Neglected, unable to feed himself properly at beyond 2 and not able to find eggs in a garden.

I hope for Ad that things are better but I just can’t imagine her putting in the graft of actually parenting.

Reactions: 19
Randomers on Instagram 🙁
Except that’s not a randomer. I’m trying not to get annoyed (not at you, I don’t mean!), because there are FAR bigger things in the world, but this commenter is so obviously a tattler and it just adds fuel to her fire about ‘trolls’ when comments are made on her grid.

Reactions: 17
Except that’s not a randomer. I’m trying not to get annoyed (not at you, I don’t mean!), because there are FAR bigger things in the world, but this commenter is so obviously a tattler and it just adds fuel to her fire about ‘trolls’ when comments are made on her grid.
Yes I know exactly what you mean. It’s a bit of a lunchbox impersonator and it’s not particularly useful.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.