Ashley James #2 Parental warnings I pay no heed, did you know I exclusively breastfeed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Attention seeking or not I do think it’s good to see breastfeeding normalised. The other people in the studio kept on chatting like it was so normal (which it is), I do think it’s a positive message to spread considering how low our breastfeeding rates are.
He was definitely hungry too, you can see him searching for food.

Still doesn’t take away how annoying she is though 😂
I’m sorry but there’s ‘normalising breastfeeding’ and then there’s Ashley whacking her boob out every minute 🙄

Reactions: 16
Thank god someone mentioned the Ann Summers thing because I knew there was something contradictory she’d done! You cannot complain that people sexualise breastfeeding (which I’ve never come across tbh) and then do an ad for breastfeeding lingerie, she’s the one who made it a sexual thing and included her baby in her ad??? She does know he’s not an accessory to bring to work and there’s a reason babies don’t belong in the work place right? If I had a baby I wouldn’t want to bring it to work for safety concerns in my job! She’s honestly on another planet.
And then her sharing those tweets, notice how she only highlights the supportive ones and the extra negative ones? She completely ignores the ones that are coherently expressing a rational opinion that disagrees with hers. No one said don’t BF, but why was Alf with her if Tommy went with her? Why wasn’t Alf in the green room with Tommy? Why wasn’t he fed before she went on stage? Or why wasn’t Tommy feeding him backstage from a cup or solid foods? She spins the whole narrative to suit her agenda like ‘oh am I supposed to let my baby starve?!’ No one is suggesting that. But other mothers who have to leave their child to work have managed. She’s self employed and more or less works from home, what is she complaining about? She said she had no maternity leave, but not trying to be rude, she doesn’t work enough hours?? She works on her own schedule online doing posts and the occasional night DJing, what did she expect? And her work that she does from home could be done at any time when Tommy is home, her doula is there or her parents or when Alf is asleep? I honestly don’t get what she’s complaining for?
If I had a baby right now, I’d be living in cramped conditions and I’d HAVE to go back to my physical job but I chose this lifestyle so you’d make it work. She can make money from her couch if she has to with her child in the next room, that’s a privilege so many do not have and she thinks she’s hard done by??

Reactions: 22
She is so obsessed with breastfeeding she's missing the point that she is filming her every waking moment with Alf and missing being in the moment surely. It would never occur to me to film my children that much.

Reactions: 8
She is so obsessed with breastfeeding she's missing the point that she is filming her every waking moment with Alf and missing being in the moment surely. It would never occur to me to film my children that much.
Exactly! She not normalising it she’s obsessing over it. I’ve thought this before she’s not shown any useful feeding positions or spoken about the benefits of breast milk or discussed anything about it really. It’s all about her getting her tits out and wearing skimpy dresses which most women couldn’t afford or would want to wear bf anyway

Reactions: 10
I've said before I don't care when or where you breastfeed baby needs food you feed them but what I will never get is all the photos online. I couldn't breastfeed so my 11m old was on formula from the start I never felt the need to photograph and document every feed I give him. Might have one or two photos but that's it. If she bottle fed would she take a photo at every feed or is it only when she cab get her boob out

I always enjoy feeding even with a bottle it's a time that quiet and peaceful and just me and baby. I can only imagine ots the same breastfeeding. I wish she'd enjoy her baby and those special moments instead of grabbing the phone to film it!
I took photos because I really struggled to breast feed - emergency c-section, a bad infection, tongue tie, antibiotics all resulted in a real delay and reduced milk supply. I have some pictures but they are for me to look back on and take pride in what I did manage to do!
I haven’t put them online, they are for me, it was such a personal struggle that still makes me cry when I think about it.
I’m all for people feeding babies how they like but I’d love to see her showing more of the struggles with his bottle attachment which she’s mentioned as I’m sure others are in the same boat?
I’d hate nothing more than to try and film every feed, it’s a much better time for a hot drink and tv/rest!!

Reactions: 7
I took photos because I really struggled to breast feed - emergency c-section, a bad infection, tongue tie, antibiotics all resulted in a real delay and reduced milk supply. I have some pictures but they are for me to look back on and take pride in what I did manage to do!
I haven’t put them online, they are for me, it was such a personal struggle that still makes me cry when I think about it.
I’m all for people feeding babies how they like but I’d love to see her showing more of the struggles with his bottle attachment which she’s mentioned as I’m sure others are in the same boat?
I’d hate nothing more than to try and film every feed, it’s a much better time for a hot drink and tv/rest!!
I totally understand I had emergency c-section as well so also struggled with low supply to the point it affected my mental health. If I was able to breastfeed I would have taken photos or videos for myself as well

I really wish she focused on helping others rather then preaching and disregarding people's questions and taking it as criticism and being defensive

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The clip of her feeding Alf on the show is so premeditated it just comes across as awkward because she isn’t an actress and had to ‘act’ like this wasn’t all planned.

I have NEVER come across a ‘normal’ non Instagram mum who has told me that they have had comments about breast feeding… it is normalised. The internet will always attract negativity it’s the world we live in but honest to god these Instagram breastfeeding mums need to stop making out that the world owes them something and they should be praised for breast feeding.

ALL mums should be praised because raising mini humans is bloody hard regardless of how you feed them but they just don’t get it do they!

Reactions: 12
Those stories should be marked as AD as she references the Facebook portal she was flogging a few weeks ago….

Reactions: 3
So she wants someone else to look after Alfie but still wants to breastfeed on demand? I find that a bit strange like you either want him around or you don’t

Reactions: 1
why won’t she let the poor boy feed himself or play with the food/get messy? She’s advertising the apron so why not show how good it is at protecting him from the mess? That’s how they learn.

Reactions: 2
why won’t she let the poor boy feed himself or play with the food/get messy? She’s advertising the apron so why not show how good it is at protecting him from the mess? That’s how they learn.
You can see he wants to have the spoon to do it himself! i think that high chairs crap too for a child his age. no where to put anything and she has it about a foot away from the table.. move him nearer and put a mat down to catch spillage!
when mine were weaning (before baby led cane in!) they had a bowl of puree/ mashed food on the highchair tray. i had a spoon and so did they plus a few bits of veg on the tray to pick up.
She makes everything look so awkward!

Reactions: 4
You can see he wants to have the spoon to do it himself! i think that high chairs crap too for a child his age. no where to put anything and she has it about a foot away from the table.. move him nearer and put a mat down to catch spillage!
when mine were weaning (before baby led cane in!) they had a bowl of puree/ mashed food on the highchair tray. i had a spoon and so did they plus a few bits of veg on the tray to pick up.
So awkward. For all her wannabe mother earth crap, she is just so unnaturally awkward looking after a child.

Reactions: 4
Bizarre set up
I have same high chair you can buy a tray to go on it (probably only reason she hasn’t got one. Wasn’t gifted 🤪) bless him he’s desperate to get his hands on/in the food but she’s almost restraining him, why not move him up to table so he can reach

Reactions: 3
Bizarre set up
I have same high chair you can buy a tray to go on it (probably only reason she hasn’t got one. Wasn’t gifted 🤪) bless him he’s desperate to get his hands on/in the food but she’s almost restraining him, why not move him up to table so he can reach
It’s the pasta that gets me, he’s sucking on it because she won’t let him have it. But sucking is what they need to avoid to learn to chew and avoid choking.
I know it’s easier said than done in the earlier stages but you can tell she isn’t relaxed with weaning. Again I’d love her to be open about this instead of how amazing everything seems to be.

Reactions: 6
Bizarre set up
probably waiting for the gifted tray which is why shes making such an ordeal out of it so she gets sent one!!!
Weanings also much easier if you face them ..shes wrestling everything away from him..if he had a tray she could put stuff down and let him pick it up.
You just have to get used to the mess!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.