Ashley James #2 Parental warnings I pay no heed, did you know I exclusively breastfeed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m baffled by how she goes on and on and on about breastfeeding and boobs still? He’s not a newborn anymore she’s been doing it a while now it’s just boring. And as if she was embarrassed/awkward about the nipple being on show that’s exactly what she wants to happen

Reactions: 8
What does she not get about it being completely normal to not take your baby to work with you?! Men do it and women have to do it! We have jobs to do and bills to pay… I don’t get what revolutionising thing she is trying to accomplish…. It’s just life! Stop pretending your so hard done by… try having a real job with real pressures that actually help and serve the public instead of prancing about showing every Tom dick Harry your nipple!!!
You was not trapped in a car…. Get out if it’s that bad, go for a walk, the poor kid had probably overheated because you insisted on strapping him to you! He’s not a newborn!

Reactions: 10
Breastfeeding a newborn and breastfeeding an inquisitive 9 month old/ toddler are 2 completely different things
I found it impossible to bf my kids in public once they got to 8-9 months old as they kept wanting to look around, and kept pulling off my breasts and I wasn't keen on flashing my boobs to unknowns I also question the clothes she wears for breastfeeding as they certainly don't allow for discreet breastfeeding....I'm all for bf for as long as possible and fed all 3 of my children for a total of 5 years , but I never wore clothes that exposed more than was necessary to breastfeed ( usually a top I could whip up quickly and unobtrusively- if I wore an off the shoulder dress, by time I'd struggled to get the dress off my shoulder and bra unfastened for feeding , I'd have drowned my kid and anyone sitting nearby with the gush of milk! )
I don't know what she's banging on about again regarding taking kids to work/ breastfeeding....she just doesn't seem to get it that it's just not possible or appropriate for the vast majority of mums to breastfeed at work

Reactions: 4
So frustrated by her comments. A society change takes millions of little actions - so why doesn’t she tackle the issue of her family. She clearly feels her partner isn’t pulling his weight, so why doesn’t she start there, rather than making this a general comment about men as a whole. And I say this as a mum, who breastfed for a long time, went back to work and made sure my husband takes an equal share so I didn’t become resentful.
The constant breastfeeding at work etc isn’t helping, she makes it look such hard work to be a mum, to breastfeed and to work. When actually it is totally possible if you segregate it - go to work, pump if you Need to, get childcare. And realise the baby isn’t a newborn, he doesn’t need constantly feeding, just give water if he’s thirsty. Ridiculous

Also let’s discuss the breastfeeding in the taxi - so frigging unsafe! She wouldn’t breastfeed whilst driving around in her own car so why does she think it’s ok in a taxi.

Reactions: 7
Her moaning that Tommy gets to go to work..? You do too Ashley? Tommy firstly can’t feed Alf the way you can WHICH WAS YOUR CHOICE. You can bf when you get home and before you go but you very easily could leave Alf at home for a couple of hours with a cup of expressed milk and solid food, he will not starve or combust because you aren’t there. She deliberately makes things so much harder for herself. She’s lucky with the work she’s in, if she had an office job she simply couldn’t bring him with her and tbh even in her line of work I don’t know why she did?? It’s really not that hard to organise some sort of childcare and a routine that works better than what she’s at now. She’s a contradictory mess. Resenting Tommy now for her choices.

She also just publicly said at work she finds herself ‘wishing Alf away’. Wtf Ashley that’s your child.

Reactions: 9
I think while part of her wants her independence back there's a huge part of her that can't accept Alfie might get his needs met by somebody else, she wants him to be reliant on only her, whether that's because she wants to be needed or to be able to complain about it. She made a snide comment the other week about her mum getting him to sleep and her not being needed and I think that's why she hasn't tried harder to get him on a bottle. If she expressed he would still be getting all the nutrients and antibodies from her so she'd be 'keeping him alive' but her anxiety won't let her do it. You can tell she's quite an anxious parent, which is fine she is a first time mum after all, but it doesn't really match with what she says about trusting her instincts.
You can see it when she's feeding him food, she grips onto the bowl really tightly and keeps it far away from him so he can't explore the food for himself. I'm surprised she's not doing baby led weaning but he always seems to be spoon fed

• Heart
She has a free morning where her in laws have Alf and she could have had a nap relaxed done whatever she wants on her own for a few hours and she spends the whole time on insta having a moan

Reactions: 9
Alf sleeping on the pouffe in the living room. Why on earth has she not got him in the cot? He’s tired, it’s evening.. bless him

Reactions: 10
All I can say is poor Tommy and I don’t think he’s ‘joking’ the way she thinks he is.. I think it was more of a passive aggressive joke on his part 😂

• Heart
All I can say is poor Tommy and I don’t think he’s ‘joking’ the way she thinks he is.. I think it was more of a passive aggressive joke on his part 😂
Agree. 😂 And she’s sounding off about tits again. I reckon I’ve seen hers more than I’ve seen my own 💅🏻😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I actually feel so sad for Tommy, almost like he wanted to cry and when he says “it makes me angry too” like he’s kind of fed up with it all now.
It’s not normal to hate men, that’s not what feminism is actually about so she’s got some deep rooted issues which is not just to do with being a feminist because ultimately they want equality, not to resent or hate men for what has become the social norm.
Also, who is the person she is referring to in her most recent stories about somebody posted about women posting about negative parts of motherhood for attention?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She’s the same woman who didn’t want to hear others negative experiences and she shut down their discussions fairly rapidly. The lack of awareness she has is a joke, she’s now preaching against exactly what she did to other mothers AGAIN. She only wants to talk about the highs and lows in her journey because then like breastfeeding, it’s all about her, no interest in anyone else. How does Tommy do it??

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I actually feel so sad for Tommy, almost like he wanted to cry and when he says “it makes me angry too” like he’s kind of fed up with it all now.
It’s not normal to hate men, that’s not what feminism is actually about so she’s got some deep rooted issues which is not just to do with being a feminist because ultimately they want equality, not to resent or hate men for what has become the social norm.
Also, who is the person she is referring to in her most recent stories about somebody posted about women posting about negative parts of motherhood for attention?
I was wondering who she is referring to as well… anyone any clues?

She might as well be gay if she hates men that much. Can you imagine if she split with Tommy you know she would make his life hell!

She also has a really narrow minded view of men, my OH does more childcare than I do! Smashing the patriarchy over here.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.