Ashley James #18 A really brilliant mum (under investigation from Social Services)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the selfies just prove she has never had any attachment to Alf even from the start. She’s just never been maternal and it’s that simple. Most mothers would be preoccupied with their new baby, ash is preoccupied with herself. There’s something missing there attachment wise.

Reactions: 27
The post-birth selfie *IMMEDIATELY* after birth just proves that it can't have been as traumatic as she claims! I can't believe how smug she looks 🤢

Personally I can't wait for her post birth selfies this time, 30hrs after being bedridden and needing 3 people to help you shower, catheter still in and still wearing those hideous compression stockings for her swollen legs (speaking from experience) 🔥

Reactions: 15
I just don’t buy into that “immediately after birth” selfie. I had a relatively straight forward birth but I would never have stood in front of a mirror like that, let alone be caressing what was left of my bump. I couldn’t even look at my stomach for about 48 hours cos I was too scared to see what it looked like 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She must have told Tommy to look after newborn Alf while she went to the bathroom, put on some kind of make up (she looks pale but her skin is very even), brushed her hair, put on her underwear, rolled the knickers down, and then filmed herself posing and rubbing her bump. That is beyond self obsessed and makes me feel sick. Bet she couldn’t get to the bathroom fast enough to film herself.

Reactions: 23
I gave birth (first time) two weeks into the first lockdown, after my hubby was kicked out, I was lucky to have been put in a private room. I had a rough end to the birth and had a severe pph as well as a good sized episiotomy (my midwife actually referred to it as a doctor's episiotomy rather than a midwives one). I distinctly remember going to the toilet hours and hours after in a complete daze wondering wtf had just happened. I remember having to tell myself out loud to pull my knickers down, sit on the toilet and try to wee. Like my brain was absolutely not in working order. It genuinely baffles me how she found the energy to prance in around in her underwear. The soreness to your vagina and vulva is out of this world. I absolutely don't believe for a second she tore as badly as she claimes judging by how she's standing.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Does she think by having a girl it’s going to change her mindset this time around, like having a girl means the c section will be straight forward, the breastfeeding will be a joy, the sleepless nights easier. Like she’s expecting perfection this time around. I have a feeling she’s setting herself up for disappointment.

Reactions: 18
Tbh I don’t think ash knows what immediately means. She thinks baby girl is coming imminently? Isn’t she due in march lol?

Ugh I’m so fucked off about her saying she had a traumatic birth and then doing that selfie.

I’m getting flash backs of my birth since. I remember the midwives were in shock as my bum was “navy blue” in their words from bruising. I had to stay in the under staffed hospital for a week. It was lockdown. Could have 1 visitor, the same visitor at certain hours. I was left with the baby with no help.

The last thing I would do is moan about it to 1000s of strangers

Honestly she just wants attention

And that dress looks awful from last night. Washes her out. She looks about 55

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Isn't it wonderful that she's able to just work a bit later on Thursday for the next couple of weeks so that she can spend Friday with Alf rather than palming him off on someone else. Of course she always intended spending Fridays with him but she's just oh so busy and important that prancing around in her underwear for pointless reels has taken priority so many times. I do hope she isn't suddenly called to do some important work over these two Fridays!

Reactions: 13
Isn't it wonderful that she's able to just work a bit later on Thursday for the next couple of weeks so that she can spend Friday with Alf rather than palming him off on someone else. Of course she always intended spending Fridays with him but she's just oh so busy and important that prancing around in her underwear for pointless reels has taken priority so many times. I do hope she isn't suddenly called to do some important work over these two Fridays!
It’s not at all coincidental that these are the two Fridays that Nana and Papa are away as shown on her fridge planner……

• Haha
Reactions: 23
“I really wanted to spend some time with Alf before thumbelina arrives IMMINENTLY” ie

“NNB had the nerve to go on holiday and TNB says he isn’t taking annual leave so I can prance around in my knickers so instead I have to look after my own child. Can you believe the patriarchy??”

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Does she think by having a girl it’s going to change her mindset this time around, like having a girl means the c section will be straight forward, the breastfeeding will be a joy, the sleepless nights easier. Like she’s expecting perfection this time around. I have a feeling she’s setting herself up for disappointment.
Good! I hope she’s miserable. She’s an absolute bleeping horror.

They’re on their babymoon!! 🤣
Lord knows they need it. They know what’s coming 😬🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think the selfies just prove she has never had any attachment to Alf even from the start. She’s just never been maternal and it’s that simple. Most mothers would be preoccupied with their new baby, ash is preoccupied with herself. There’s something missing there attachment wise.
It’s fine if a woman isn’t maternal. I’m not. Not at all. I don’t have the mental space or patience for a child. Not even for looking after them for more than a few hours. What isn’t fine is if in knowing that you’re not maternal, you go ahead and have a child anyway - a whole little life that is your responsibility for the next two decades and, for the first few years at the very least, relies wholly on you for survival. Even worse is complaining about said child at every opportunity, in a public space where he will be able to read it all when he is older.
I don’t believe that that picture of her is postpartum. Firstly, her stomach is too round and smooth: now, obviously, I haven’t seen too many pp tums but, when Princess Kate stood outside the hospital, her bump had softened and dropped. Secondly, where’s all the bleeding? Even I know about gouts and gushes and vernix after normal childbirth - and wouldn’t it be ten times worse if you’d had such a significant tear? And thirdly, as others have said, the fact that she’s standing - not just standing, but *posing* - really doesn’t ring true. I think she posted this picture to make other mothers feel inadequate. Forget the all-important bonding with the child: this is just another example of her indulging in her primary relationship. The mirror.

In that case, shouldn’t she be doxxing, harrassing and threatening herself? 🤔

Reactions: 12
It’s fine if a woman isn’t maternal. I’m not. Not at all. I don’t have the mental space or patience for a child. Not even for looking after them for more than a few hours. What isn’t fine is if in knowing that you’re not maternal, you go ahead and have a child anyway - a whole little life that is your responsibility for the next two decades and, for the first few years at the very least, relies wholly on you for survival. Even worse is complaining about said child at every opportunity, in a public space where he will be able to read it all when he is older.
I don’t believe that that picture of her is postpartum. Firstly, her stomach is too round and smooth: now, obviously, I haven’t seen too many pp tums but, when Princess Kate stood outside the hospital, her bump had softened and dropped. Secondly, where’s all the bleeding? Even I know about gouts and gushes and vernix after normal childbirth - and wouldn’t it be ten times worse if you’d had such a significant tear? And thirdly, as others have said, the fact that she’s standing - not just standing, but *posing* - really doesn’t ring true. I think she posted this picture to make other mothers feel inadequate. Forget the all-important bonding with the child: this is just another example of her indulging in her primary relationship. The mirror.

In that case, shouldn’t she be doxxing, harrassing and threatening herself? 🤔

I agree. Like I said, my labour was pretty straightforward and I didn’t even take the pain killers the nurses brought round on the regular whilst on the ward for some reason. I was walking round straight away, but I still had jelly legs, a wobbly tummy, bleeding, etc and would never have wanted to look at myself in the mirror with such admiration like she does. She’s such a bloody narcissist it’s unreal.

So generous of her to give up two Fridays to spend with her son isn’t it?!

I don’t follow loads of celebs etc but I’m pretty sure she’s the only one I see who hires make up artists and hair stylists for a bloody crappy reel for Sainsbury’s or all plants. She’s such an embarrassment! Trying to pass making a reel off as work. Just get on with it and stop making out you have such a full on job you can’t spare some time for your child.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
No cannulas or catheters in sight. And I know that I couldn’t stand immediately after childbirth due to blood loss and exhaustion. Nothing adds up with Ashley.
Exactly this. I was genuinely in so much shock after a traumatic birth and PPH that I was plugged in to so many meds/monitoring/catheter/debrief with staff etc for hours and hours. Couldn't even go to the toilet until 12 hours after the procedure. She literally is such a liar!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree. Like I said, my labour was pretty straightforward and I didn’t even take the pain killers the nurses brought round on the regular whilst on the ward for some reason. I was walking round straight away, but I still had jelly legs, a wobbly tummy, bleeding, etc and would never have wanted to look at myself in the mirror with such admiration like she does. She’s such a bloody narcissist it’s unreal.

So generous of her to give up two Fridays to spend with her son isn’t it?!

I don’t follow loads of celebs etc but I’m pretty sure she’s the only one I see who hires make up artists and hair stylists for a bloody crappy reel for Sainsbury’s or all plants. She’s such an embarrassment! Trying to pass making a reel off as work. Just get on with it and stop making out you have such a full on job you can’t spare some time for your child.
It’s the way she acts as if she is bestowing this amazing favour on Alf that is so vexing. It’s so ‘I’m dedicating my incredibly valuable time to this child when I could be taking pictures that are specifically NOT intended for the male gaze but nonetheless attracts seedy, furtive little creeps whom I then fail, inexplicably, to block or remonstrate with working at my exceptionally important job, one that is the equal of cancer research, working at a hospice or dedicating myself to feeding impoverished children’. As I said, if you’re not maternal, you shouldn’t procreate. It’s that simple. You’ll resent the child (while turning him into a product to be monetised) and he’ll end up either with an attachment disorder, resenting you, or being codependent.
Do we think she’s going to farm him out altogether when her narcissistic dream, a daughter to dress up, play with as if she were a Barbie and teach all her misandrist tendencies to, arrives? ‘Guys, I had to make the hardest decision of my life. I won’t be able to give Alf the time and love that he deserves. Given my huge birth trauma resulting from my planned C-section, my PTSD, and Thumbelina’s colic and acid reflux, I have decided to let Alf live with his grandparents for now. He needs the loving environment I simply can’t give him right now and I need time to recover from my traumatic surgery.’
Kudos on refusing pain medication - I don’t know how you did it! I have such an extreme fear of childbirth that the very idea makes me tremble!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I can’t look at photos from the first 5 days. Because the trauma is so huge that it is too overwhelming.

To have been able to stand would have been wonderful but I was actually in theatre.

Has anyone had the same level of tearing as her? Were you comfortably up and about like that? Presumably she’d been stitched?
I had an episiotomy and couldn't move for weeks or sit down (they also got infected which was just wow) what kind of tearing does she say she had?

Although my birth was tough and I had an episiotomy, I still felt like it was a positive birth experience and I had great support and care from the midwives. So please don't be put off 😊
I feel the same way! It's been months and I always said I'd never have another after that experience but you really do heal and I now look back and can finally see that it was still magical, brought me my amazing baby and we are definitely having another in the future ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I had an episiotomy and couldn't move for weeks or sit down (they also got infected which was just wow) what kind of tearing does she say she had?

I feel the same way! It's been months and I always said I'd never have another after that experience but you really do heal and I now look back and can finally see that it was still magical, brought me my amazing baby and we are definitely having another in the future ❤
i think she said a 3a in a letter? I thought anything 3 and above often needs theatre after birth to repair!Indont even she knows what lies she has told at this stage to be fair

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.